Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2007, 12:13 AM   #361
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexualChocolate View Post
He's now feeling remorse....hmmm wonder why. All everyone else (including myself) can do is speculate.
Because killing someone and living with it is not the simplest of things for most people.

Pre-mediated? Ah yes, he planned ahead to kill these people, knowing they would break into his neighbors home, knew they would steal things from inside it and try to run/escape when he told them to 'freeze'.

No, he knew that he would shoot if they came after him or if they tried to flee. He knew they did not belong where they were, they were there with intent to break in and either steal from his neighbors or attack them.
He called 911, he informed them they were breaking into the house and were inside the house. He informed the operator that he intended to stop them should they emerge from the house before the police arrived. What he did, was decided not to watch/risk 2 burglars, 2 thieves break into his neighbors home and get away.
That is not pre-meditated murder, thats a plan of action...it's called being prepared for a situation.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Man mistakes wife for deer, shoots and kills her bluewave18 Off Topic 27 11-09-2010 10:45 PM
Tualatin Man Accidentally Shoots, Kills Wife NoFear Off Topic 25 12-19-2007 06:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2007, 04:23 AM   #362
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Because killing someone and living with it is not the simplest of things for most people.

Pre-mediated? Ah yes, he planned ahead to kill these people, knowing they would break into his neighbors home, knew they would steal things from inside it and try to run/escape when he told them to 'freeze'.

No, he knew that he would shoot if they came after him or if they tried to flee. He knew they did not belong where they were, they were there with intent to break in and either steal from his neighbors or attack them.
He called 911, he informed them they were breaking into the house and were inside the house. He informed the operator that he intended to stop them should they emerge from the house before the police arrived. What he did, was decided not to watch/risk 2 burglars, 2 thieves break into his neighbors home and get away.
That is not pre-meditated murder, thats a plan of action...it's called being prepared for a situation.

We all make choices. I didn't say premediate or premeditate, I said he made a choice. The authorities were on the way, he chose to take the law into his own hands (BTW the law states that he can use any deadly force to stop a felonious act). So in essecence he should not be charged, although if he is I seriously doubt he will get any jailtime. He chose to kill (again I didn't say murder); he should not show any remorse if he truly believed in his convictions coupled with the fact that he believed that what he was doing was a rightous act.

Having a plan of action means not putting yourself or your family in a shitbox neighborhood where acts of crime and violence occur. Sorry but if you choose to live their then you choose the consequences associated with being in the area.

Like I said before only 3 people know exactly what occured prior/during the moment/s before he shots were fired. Everyone else can just speculate based on the limited information the police release and the skewed view in which the media presents it to the masses.

mybanner4a260100b5617

Last edited by SexualChocolate; 11-17-2007 at 04:25 AM.
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:33 AM   #363
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Sorry SC, let me Clarify...

"Because killing someone and living with it is not the simplest of things for most people."

This was based off your comment... the rest, in response to someone else.

However, to be blunt...
" Having a plan of action means not putting yourself or your family in a shitbox neighborhood where acts of crime and violence occur. Sorry but if you choose to live their then you choose the consequences associated with being in the area. "
That is a pretty ignorant friggin statement.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:41 AM   #364
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Having a plan of action means not putting yourself or your family in a shitbox neighborhood where acts of crime and violence occur. Sorry but if you choose to live their then you choose the consequences associated with being in the area.
Ignorance at its finest. I guess since it is pasadena it must be a shitbox neighborhood? I think someone on here already told you it is an upscale neighborhood. This stuff happens in celebritie's gated neighborhoods with million dollar homes. I guess those are shitbox neighborhoods too right? Some of you people need to think before you speak. I can't believe the stupidity of some of the comments. There are strong cases for both sides, and to each their own, but why go and insult someone's home like that when you don't know anything about it? You are talking about a neighborhood that someone on this forum lives in. Have some respect.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:28 AM   #365
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
02 F4i SOLD, 07 CBR600RR SOLD

Quote:

WTF? This neighborhood was built 5 years ago, and thats when I moved in. This is not a "shitbox" neighborhood. Have some respect and stop being so arogant.
Robert95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:45 AM   #366
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

I cant believe anybody is sympathetic for an illegal alien thief,do you REALLY think they were stealing to feed their families?
mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:16 PM   #367
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

feeling sorry for anybody is a complete waste of time. especially those 2 rhode scholars.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:20 PM   #368
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Quote:
Sorry SC, let me Clarify...

"Because killing someone and living with it is not the simplest of things for most people."

This was based off your comment... the rest, in response to someone else.

However, to be blunt...
" Having a plan of action means not putting yourself or your family in a shitbox neighborhood where acts of crime and violence occur. Sorry but if you choose to live their then you choose the consequences associated with being in the area. "
That is a pretty ignorant friggin statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
Ignorance at its finest. I guess since it is pasadena it must be a shitbox neighborhood? I think someone on here already told you it is an upscale neighborhood. This stuff happens in celebritie's gated neighborhoods with million dollar homes. I guess those are shitbox neighborhoods too right? Some of you people need to think before you speak. I can't believe the stupidity of some of the comments. There are strong cases for both sides, and to each their own, but why go and insult someone's home like that when you don't know anything about it? You are talking about a neighborhood that someone on this forum lives in. Have some respect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert95z View Post
WTF? This neighborhood was built 5 years ago, and thats when I moved in. This is not a "shitbox" neighborhood. Have some respect and stop being so arogant.
I have just joined the ranks of what I hear coming from other people. Most of the stuff you guys said sound arrogant and ignorant to me, so I thought why not just post something along those lines also...it's tough being on the other side of the fence isn't it?

I am sticking with my statement. I have lived in many places in the world. First thing you learn is where the areas to aviod are. It's not an ignorant statement, it might be arrogant but who give a flying ****. When I hear things coming out from your mouths that I think is both ignorant and/or arrogant I don't attack. I clarified my statements, if they offend so be it. Pasadena isn't the nicest area to be in, of course like any city there are some nice areas located within it. But from travelling there every single day I stand firm on my words because I am calling it like I see it. Now if the local govenment and police stepped up and cleaned up the area then it would be a different story.

mybanner4a260100b5617
Old 11-17-2007, 04:10 PM   #369
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
I have just joined the ranks of what I hear coming from other people. Most of the stuff you guys said sound arrogant and ignorant to me, so I thought why not just post something along those lines also...it's tough being on the other side of the fence isn't it?

I am sticking with my statement. I have lived in many places in the world. First thing you learn is where the areas to aviod are. It's not an ignorant statement, it might be arrogant but who give a flying ****. When I hear things coming out from your mouths that I think is both ignorant and/or arrogant I don't attack. I clarified my statements, if they offend so be it. Pasadena isn't the nicest area to be in, of course like any city there are some nice areas located within it. But from travelling there every single day I stand firm on my words because I am calling it like I see it. Now if the local govenment and police stepped up and cleaned up the area then it would be a different story.
Yep now this is gonna be fun...

"I am sticking with my statement. I have lived in many places in the world. First thing you learn is where the areas to aviod are. It's not an ignorant statement, it might be arrogant but who give a flying ****. "

Oh yea, it's definitily frigging ignorant. Arrogant? No.. Just simple, plain old stupid ignorance.

" have just joined the ranks of what I hear coming from other people. Most of the stuff you guys said sound arrogant and ignorant to me, so I thought why not just post something along those lines also...it's tough being on the other side of the fence isn't it?
I am sticking with my statement."

Now this part is arrogance, and to me just demonstrates your own cranial-rectal inversion issues demonstrated in both your paragraphs.

Do you then propose that people up and move, every time when the construction and shifts within house cause the population flux that we've seen as Houston grows thus impacting the outlying areas? Forget/Ignore the horde of various reasons they might have for living in the area they do.

Now if you want to take issue with comments such as I addressed to the original (idiotic) comment of accusing this man of 'Pre-meditated murder'. Then please attempt to use some cranial matter, and demonstrate some in-depth thought.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:39 PM   #370
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Quote:

Now this part is arrogance, and to me just demonstrates your own cranial-rectal inversion issues demonstrated in both your paragraphs.

Makes no sense. My own "head up my issues" (urban dictionary definition)? Everyone is like that in one specific way of belief. I honestly can admit to being both arrogant and/or ignorant in certain things; just like everyone else in this matter. All the facts have not been presented, and even if it was only 3 people know the actual truth about the specifics. If you don't think so then you must not like reality.

Quote:

Do you then propose that people up and move, every time when the construction and shifts within house cause the population flux that we've seen as Houston grows thus impacting the outlying areas? Forget/Ignore the horde of various reasons they might have for living in the area they do.

Now if you want to take issue with comments such as I addressed to the original (idiotic) comment of accusing this man of 'Pre-meditated murder'. Then please attempt to use some cranial matter, and demonstrate some in-depth thought.

Again makes no sense. But I will infer that "every time when the construction and shifts within house..." people cannot move when the area suffers from negative demographic and socio-economic changes. I don't see why not? I would rather move than take a hit financially through the loss of property values plus coupled with the fact of living in fear of being violated, etc.

Quote:

Yep now this is gonna be fun....
Then please attempt to use some cranial matter, and demonstrate some in-depth thought.
Whatever the case is have your fun. None of it is at my expense. I am going to choose to disagree in this matter. It doesn't mean that my mental capacity is any less than yours or anyone elses. Attack that if itpleases you and makes you feel better. It certainly doesn't make me feel any worse.

mybanner4a260100b5617

Last edited by SexualChocolate; 11-17-2007 at 04:42 PM. Reason: forgot the n in certainly
Old 11-17-2007, 06:48 PM   #371
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Pre-meditated means planning ahead to do something, as in looking up a movie to go see and being there on time. The heat of the moment is defined as being in a situation you did not expect and reacting.
A lot of civilians (I'm one now) think the police are here as your personal private security, to handle all your problems without you getting off your and doing something about it. Being lazy, a coward, having a "can't someone do it for me" attitude is the real problem.
It's time to thank someone who did us a favor, and showed weak people that you don't have to be carried it's ok to stand up for your friends and family.

Bravo Mr. Horn. I salute you. I'd share a foxhole with you any day.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:12 PM   #372
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Makes no sense. My own "head up my issues" (urban dictionary definition)? Everyone is like that in one specific way of belief. I honestly can admit to being both arrogant and/or ignorant in certain things; just like everyone else in this matter. All the facts have not been presented, and even if it was only 3 people know the actual truth about the specifics. If you don't think so then you must not like reality.

Again makes no sense. But I will infer that "every time when the construction and shifts within house..." people cannot move when the area suffers from negative demographic and socio-economic changes. I don't see why not? I would rather move than take a hit financially through the loss of property values plus coupled with the fact of living in fear of being violated, etc.

Whatever the case is have your fun. None of it is at my expense. I am going to choose to disagree in this matter. It doesn't mean that my mental capacity is any less than yours or anyone elses. Attack that if itpleases you and makes you feel better. It certainly doesn't make me feel any worse.
Why don't you try to find where I have said anything in regards to the reality of the 'truth'. That only the gentleman and the 2 corpses are the only ones that know precisely happened is an undeniable fact.
What we have been attempting to discuss and argue about...is simply based on the information provided from the various sources and personal feelings based on them. If you have issues with that, then what purpose do you have in this thread?

Now that you address the possibility of changes, consider the various factors that play into living locations. Perhaps somenoe can't afford to move or they have emotional ties that make re-locating an issue for a start.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:19 PM   #373
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

As I first stated... Bad news for this guy.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:13 PM   #374
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
02 F4i SOLD, 07 CBR600RR SOLD

Well im not going to sit here and argue with you. I said show some respect, and that makes me ignorant and arogant? You can call me arogant, but admit to being that aswell
Robert95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:39 PM   #375
Kinny
AONNOG

Bike(s):
None

Send a message via AIM to Kinny
While I do agree there are some upscale neighborhoods in Pasadena, it doesn't really help if it is located close to some other crime infested neighborhoods. Like someone said, crime can happen everywhere. Even in gated community. Home invasions and autothefts will probably increase do to the holiday. Everyone stay safe.
Kinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:38 AM   #376
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Quote:
Why don't you try to find where I have said anything in regards to the reality of the 'truth'. That only the gentleman and the 2 corpses are the only ones that know precisely happened is an undeniable fact.
What we have been attempting to discuss and argue about...is simply based on the information provided from the various sources and personal feelings based on them. If you have issues with that, then what purpose do you have in this thread?
I said it first, you quoted me (about truth). I also said that the information is limited about the actual sequence of events and actual truth. SO we agree on something.

Quote:
Now that you address the possibility of changes, consider the various factors that play into living locations. Perhaps somenoe can't afford to move or they have emotional ties that make re-locating an issue for a start.
The neighborhood has a market value of the 129-240K range (of course appraised values will be lower). There are many other places that have far superior response times and lower crime rates in that price range. Emotional ties are another thing though. Just like anyone else I can only speculate as to why he chose to live there. I believe there are multiple sections in that neighborhood. Homes range from being 20+ years old to the newer homes which are around 7 years old (I could be wrong though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert95z View Post
Well im not going to sit here and argue with you. I said show some respect, and that makes me ignorant and arogant? You can call me arogant, but admit to being that aswell
Hey champ I already admitted to being both (ignorant and arrogant).

mybanner4a260100b5617
Old 11-18-2007, 06:40 AM   #377
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

This happened in my neighborhood about 3 streets down from my parents house. They were one of the first FIVE houses that were being built in this sub-division. So when you make comments about shitbox neighborhoods, this one is not included. There are houses in this neighborhood well over $220,000 and my parents take ALOT and I mean ALOT of pride in what they have worked so hard to achieve for us growing up in this house. So when some two-bit piece of illegals come waltzing into this neighborhood, trying to destroy the very things my parents and other MATURE ADULTS have worked sooo hard for, and the only thing that stands between them destroying a family dwelling is a decent man who still has the - common sense to finally put a stop to destroying what so many in this neighborhood have worked hard for, I tend to lean on the side of him puttin two in em.......

And this is coming from a HISPANIC who HAS family in monterrey, mexico.

Before anything is even said or thought of, this has nothing to do with being biased or rascist against mexicans, hence the comment aforementioned. This strictly has to do with being a sensible human being......

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:36 AM   #378
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
This happened in my neighborhood about 3 streets down from my parents house. They were one of the first FIVE houses that were being built in this sub-division. So when you make comments about shitbox neighborhoods, this one is not included. There are houses in this neighborhood well over $220,000 and my parents take ALOT and I mean ALOT of pride in what they have worked so hard to achieve for us growing up in this house. So when some two-bit piece of illegals come waltzing into this neighborhood, trying to destroy the very things my parents and other MATURE ADULTS have worked sooo hard for, and the only thing that stands between them destroying a family dwelling is a decent man who still has the - common sense to finally put a stop to destroying what so many in this neighborhood have worked hard for, I tend to lean on the side of him puttin two in em.......

And this is coming from a HISPANIC who HAS family in monterrey, mexico.

Before anything is even said or thought of, this has nothing to do with being biased or rascist against mexicans, hence the comment aforementioned. This strictly has to do with being a sensible human being......
I could not find any houses in that area with an asking price greater than 240K. I could search the tax records for appraised values, but they are traditionally lower and it would be a waste of my time. Someone mentioned that it is an upscale neighborhood, maybe upscale for the area, but I think it is a middle-(maybe even upper middle) class neighborhood. Anyway I pass that neighborhood a couple times a week, I admit it looks nice. But consdering that it is located near many less than ideal areas and has no security or police patrols of its own then I personally wouldn't consider it. However it seems like I have struck a nerve with people living in that area. So I'll apologize for my comments about my personal thoughts on the area. Although I should have been more specific in that I meant the location and not the exact neighborhood.

It's good that your parents take pride in their accomplishments, as well they should. I agree the thieves are criminals, I don't care what their legal status is currently. However Pasadena has a large, well enormous illegal population (some are criminals-others are not, it's been proven that the majority of the illegals are not criminals). Now we could go on arguing on and on about being illegal automatically makes you a criminal because you have broken immigration laws yada, yada, yada.

Anyway I hope that God has mercy on the shooters soul.

mybanner4a260100b5617
Old 11-18-2007, 09:57 AM   #379
M5022

Bike(s):
2008 KLR 685

So, what are poor people supposed to do? a few people in this thread made comments like "it is there choice to live there" and "why don't they just move?". you know, not all poor people are bad people. a lot of people these days are lucky to have a place to call their own no matter what side of town their on or the neighborhood they live in. and think of all of the senior citizens that bought there house there years ago and paid it off before the neighborhood went to and now they are just trying to live out the rest of their days on social security and cant move. i ask you again what are these people supposed to do? being poor is no excuse to steal from others. even in a bad part of town. and i believe they have the right to defend their property how ever they see fit. some people cant say screw it, take it, i will just spend more money to replace it with better toys, and most of these people don't have insurance to begin with. so what is the value of life??? i guess you have to ask the criminals if their life is worth what they are stealing.........
M5022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:28 AM   #380
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

never fear all you liberal mamby pamby people, Quanell X is on the scene now...........
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement