MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 12:02 PM   #341
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisiana954 View Post
First off I didnt not at anytime call you racist "cogs69" i simply stated that if he was black doing something like this he would still be in jail.....and "Ulric" neither is the shooter a pipeline to !!!!! finally "mathews" if i came home and caught someone stealing from me, my first or second thought wouldnt be to kill them...I have been at home while someone has broke into my house while i was sleeping... and no I didnt shoot them or shoot at them....I pulled my gun and said get the out....Now if I felt that i was in danger yeah i would have shot him....
I never said you did call me one, i was establishing and letting you know that I'm not before I let you know that I think your comment about him being black or not is irrelevant and a sign of ignorance being brought up in a subject like this. It doesn't matter and making racist comments like that makes me lose all respect for you. We can have a debate and all, and we (as a forum) have discussed many sensitive racial issues civily, but this one should not have been brought up.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Man mistakes wife for deer, shoots and kills her bluewave18 Off Topic 27 11-09-2010 10:45 PM
Tualatin Man Accidentally Shoots, Kills Wife NoFear Off Topic 25 12-19-2007 06:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2007, 12:02 PM   #342
Kinny
AONNOG

Bike(s):
None

Send a message via AIM to Kinny
Well, it was in Pasadena where this kind of stuff probably happens frequently. Old man probably got tired of all the break ins from before. Now there are 2 less burglars doing home invasions. Will this send a message to the BGs? Probably not. Just look at the old man in Dallas? Thiefs don't really keep up with current events.
Kinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #343
louisiana954

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 Kawi ZX14

how in the is my comment racist...I wouldnt dare call anyone on here anything outside of there screen name....And you dont have to respect me cause you dont me...im not asking for anyone respect...just understanding of what it is that yall are saying....Yall are speaking of taking someones life like its a game of chest......and when you get a second watch the news and see what they talk about once everything comes out....I dont hold anything i own above the life of a human being...and this is my main argument not race not whether they(criminals) were right or wrong....so please understand the you are not talking to a ignorant or bigot individual.... and for the record here is the here is the Pena code.....
CHAPTER 9. JUSTIFICATION EXCLUDING CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY

Sec.A9.22. NECESSITY.AA Conduct is justified if:
(1)AA the actor reasonably believes the conduct is
immediately necessary to avoid imminent harm;
louisiana954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #344
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

[QUOTE=louisiana954;853247]And not to pull the race card but if this man was black in a black neighborhood he still be in jail...QUOTE]

You don't see that as a racist comment? What does that have to do with this situation? Who cares if the shooter was black, brown, white, green, or purple? It has nothing to do with the debate. Your comment points out that being black means he would be treated differently, unfairly, or unjust. This thread has nothing to do with race. It has to do with burglars getting shot and whether or not that is right. If you want to start a discussion over whether or not black people are treated unjust, or unfair, start a new thread.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:33 PM   #345
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

I just had a long conversation with our local District Attorney.He assures me this guy will walk
mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:36 PM   #346
louisiana954

Bike(s):
07 Kawi ZX14

Well i do apologize if what i said was across the lines....But I would like to think that I could make a comment without being called things that you nor anyone knows is true or not...and that comment was in reference to him being released without having done a full investigation....after all he did just shoot and kill two people.....
Old 11-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #347
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Well i do apologize if what i said was across the lines....But I would like to think that I could make a comment without being called things that you nor anyone knows is true or not...and that comment was in reference to him being released without having done a full investigation....after all he did just shoot and kill two people.....
I can respect that. I here Jesse Jackson say "had he been black" or "because he is black" enough on every single issue. You may not have meant any harm by it, but i guess it gets old. We have heard the Vick case "because he is black" the bonds case "because he is black" etc. and it has gotten old. Sorry if you take the blunt of my frustration, but how can we do away with that stuff if we can't even keep it out of simple debates? Will you accept a big hug?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:49 PM   #348
louisiana954

Bike(s):
07 Kawi ZX14

im cool...im not angry or anything.....I teach my kids at school every day not to use your race as a clutch....dont look out for handout and dont blame other people cause your are black or hispanic......and im on your side with the Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson thing....They only make specticals if it benefit them....Im tired of hearing that also....
Old 11-16-2007, 12:54 PM   #349
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

we are all guilty of profiling at one time or another.When they reported that the robbers were illegal aliens I took it for granted they were Hispanic
mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 PM   #350
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
I dont hold anything i own above the life of a human being...and this is my main argument not race not whether they(criminals) were right or wrong....so please understand the you are not talking to a ignorant or bigot individual.... and for the record here is the here is the Pena code.....
CHAPTER 9. JUSTIFICATION EXCLUDING CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY

Sec.A9.22. NECESSITY.AA Conduct is justified if:
(1)AA the actor reasonably believes the conduct is
immediately necessary to avoid imminent harm;
I hold my life and property and that of myne above that of someone
who invades my home or property. A decent human who has respect for others will not break into someone's home, attempt to steal their posessions etc. By demonstrating they do not respect me and myne in that manner they have demonstrated/proven how little they value themselves.
Now if you look in the early portion of this thread you'll find where we have posted the mass of the relevant legal code already.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #351
a.hendon

Bike(s):
01 ninja zx-6r

That guy was in the wrong. He saw a chance to shoot someone and took it, he should go to jail for pre meditated murder he made his mind up that he was going to kill them before he even opened his door
a.hendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #352
MadseasoN

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.hendon View Post
That guy was in the wrong. He saw a chance to shoot someone and took it, he should go to jail for pre meditated murder he made his mind up that he was going to kill them before he even opened his door
The question is whether it's legal or not. If someone breaks into your home you have the choice to either run or shoot them. Either way, you've made up your mind before you take action right?
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #353
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
02 F4i SOLD, 07 CBR600RR SOLD

This happened in my neighorhood about 2 streets down. I got home from work at 5 at that street was blocked off. I walked down there and the bodies were still there! creepy, never seen a dead person before. I couldnt see the other guy, apparently he ran for a couple houses wounded till he died.. crazy!
Robert95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #354
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny View Post
Well, it was in Pasadena where this kind of stuff probably happens frequently. Old man probably got tired of all the break ins from before. Now there are 2 less burglars doing home invasions. Will this send a message to the BGs? Probably not. Just look at the old man in Dallas? Thiefs don't really keep up with current events.
Well this is actually up an upscale neighborhood. Its a small community but I dont believe there are any homes under $150k.. which is above average for pasadena
Old 11-16-2007, 08:46 PM   #355
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.hendon View Post
Pre-meditated murder? You sir, are an idiot.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:48 PM   #356
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Pre-meditated murder? You sir, are an idiot.
By saying "Im going to kill them" is pre-meditated.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:28 PM   #357
RinasDaddy
When in doubt, restart!

Bike(s):
10 Speed :(

I have mixed feelings on this one
RinasDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:37 PM   #358
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
The shooter is now feeling remorse for his actions...

That is what was reported tonight. He had a choice and made it. The criminals made theirs. They chose to steal, he chose to kill. Personally I say **** it steal from me, I carry insurance and it's a good excuse for me to upgrade. Would I take your life for it...no not unless you intend on taking mine.

Too many could have should have, if , and, or buts in these stories. There are only three people who know the whole truth of what occured when the shooter stepped outside (the two dead and himself). He's now feeling remorse....hmmm wonder why. All everyone else (including myself) can do is speculate.

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:53 PM   #359
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Bike(s):

I logged on KHOU to listen to the phone call, it has a video of my neighborhood and i can see my house lol. i cant even tell where that camera is hidden
Old 11-17-2007, 12:04 AM   #360
MadseasoN

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert95z View Post
I logged on KHOU to listen to the phone call, it has a video of my neighborhood and i can see my house lol. i cant even tell where that camera is hidden
It was probably one of those news trucks with the telescoping antenna/camera on top.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement