Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 10:07 PM   #21
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

I will look for it sorry to hear about it crack heads
Harveyjl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stolen ZX 14 on CL?? 02TXR6 Stolen Bike Reports 12 04-17-2015 08:48 PM
Stolen 2008 Kawasaki ZX-10r don747 Stolen Bike Reports 2 03-10-2015 01:56 PM
Stolen: 2007 Kawi Zx-14 - Blue El-Diablo Stolen Bike Reports 27 12-30-2009 10:57 AM
Kawasaki Introduces All-New Concours Built Around ZX-14 Motor bigjay77 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 09-25-2006 07:14 PM
Did any body race or ride a kawasaki ZX-14???? NOSRavenR1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 06-10-2006 04:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2007, 10:11 PM   #22
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

I forget that not everyone lives in a house w/ garage... :(

Sorry to hear that, MoP.. I'll keep an eye out... my brother's looking for a bike on all the boards/newspapers right now, too, I'll have him keep an eye out for it there, too.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:47 PM   #23
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
sorry to hear about your bike.....

but you can't do anything to the apartments.....it's not their responsibility to watch over your stuff. i hope you have full coverage.

doesn't really matter what apartment complex you live in....they can have cops that patrol and the works....if you're bike is parked outside regularly....it will be stolen. maybe look into getting a garage....or at least a storage unit somewhere if you get your bike back...or when you get another bike.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:52 PM   #24
J-Row
Gold MemberŪ

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)

dude that sucks ill be on the look out!!
PGR #121546
J-Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:56 PM   #25
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Sorry to hear. I'll keep an eye out. Hope you get it back.
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:17 AM   #26
Master_Of_Pain
Powa Ranga Action Figure

I live in a townhome complex off of Briar Forest and Seagler. I moved out here was to avoid the riff raff, 90% of the people in my neighborhood are retired CEO's and VPs or business owners. Another reason is my career and the locations I have to travel to are easily reachable from Briar Forest / San Felipe. I'm going to have to get transfered to a unit that has a external closed gate, all there is to it.

As for insurance, I had full liability. Since I paid cash for the bike, I didn't feel like forking over 1/4-1/3 of it's value over every year on insurance. It's not like I can't buy another one, should be able to in a few months, but I'm worried that my complex management isn't going to take this seriously and not do a thing to increase the perception of security. This is something everybody has asked for time and again, to no resolve. I think a little legal action would be a good wake-up call for them - besides, I would only want market value of the bike + the mods on it and whatever the attorney cost me.

Thanks for all your concern guys. At least I still have the Vmax - for now
I might pick up a shitbox TL-1000 so I can attend the rides until I replace the mothership.

Last edited by Master_Of_Pain; 11-14-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Master_Of_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:22 AM   #27
Master_Of_Pain
Powa Ranga Action Figure

I do have renters insurance through USAA - I'm going to see what, if anything, they can do for me. Supposedly the policy extends to vehicles - but it's a little gray on motorcycles, trailer RV's and watercraft.
Master_Of_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:24 AM   #28
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Whoever stole it will eventually get whats comin to em.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:01 AM   #29
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Of_Pain View Post
I live in a townhome complex off of Briar Forest and Seagler. I moved out here was to avoid the riff raff, 90% of the people in my neighborhood are retired CEO's and VPs or business owners. Another reason is my career and the locations I have to travel to are easily reachable from Briar Forest / San Felipe. I'm going to have to get transfered to a unit that has a external closed gate, all there is to it.

As for insurance, I had full liability. Since I paid cash for the bike, I didn't feel like forking over 1/4-1/3 of it's value over every year on insurance. It's not like I can't buy another one, should be able to in a few months, but I'm worried that my complex management isn't going to take this seriously and not do a thing to increase the perception of security. This is something everybody has asked for time and again, to no resolve. I think a little legal action would be a good wake-up call for them - besides, I would only want market value of the bike + the mods on it and whatever the attorney cost me.

I might pick up a shitbox TL-1000 so I can attend the rides until I replace the mothership.
Use all that money you saved by not having full coverage to get a townhome with an attached garage. I don't mean to be blunt, but keeping your bike outside is just not the best thing to do in Houston, no matter where you live. I wouldn't leave it up to property mgt companies to keep your property under a watchful eye. Keep it inside the garage so next time when thieves come a knockin you'll be ready with the 12 ga.

I took a class on crime prevention and they said that security should be more like peeling an onion than cracking open an egg.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:43 AM   #30
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Crashed-GSX-R 750, Only CARS for Now

Send a message via AIM to Reidlos Send a message via MSN to Reidlos Send a message via Yahoo to Reidlos Send a message via Skype™ to Reidlos
i'll be on the look out,
R.

....If You Cant Fight Em Join Em, If You Can Convince Em Confuse Em....
a .Net Enthusiast
Reidlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:35 AM   #31
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:

These statements dont go well together, if money is not an object, the annual premium for theft should have been nothing to pay. Especially when you consider that now your bike is gone and an insurance replacement would be nice.

Theives suck.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:43 AM   #32
Drumboy

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

Dang that sux, especially with no theft insurance. I'm in the same boat where I don't pay extra for theft and I'll just buy another if it gets jacked but that's alot of money down the drain.

You probably shouldn't announce on here that they perp will get caught if they put the pipe on ebay cause they could be a member here.
Drumboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:49 AM   #33
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:50 AM   #34
Drumboy

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

My car (00 Civic Si) got jacked out of some apartments when the gate was broken also, but I figured it didn't really matter because thieves can just easily follow someone in or jump the fence. Good thing my bike wasn't jacked cause I didn't have theft insurance and was broke.

I feel a little safer now that I live in an apartment with a big garage cause it's a little more lit up and more traffic flow, but cars still get broken into all the time.
Drumboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:53 AM   #35
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:02 AM   #36
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

I hope they catch the bastards & you get it back .. Will keep eyes open
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #37
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

thieves...

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #38
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

well that sucks..

This place is supposed to be secure and monitored 24/7. No cameras picked it up apparently.

Someone getting paid to turn the cameras off for a while maybe?
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:45 AM   #39
JoeyDude
GSX Rider

Bike(s):
GSX 600 Katana

Quote:
Guys and Gals,

My motorcycle was stolen today from my residence. The plate # is in the title, the VIN is JKBZXNA126A004275.

It is a red 2006 ZX-14 with a black ceramic coated Brock's pipe on it. If they try to sell the pipe on Ebay it's going to rat them out because there were very few of them coated flat, and only one other person owns one in Houston.
Srry to hear that, but don't u think u should've got Lo Jack on a bike like ZX-14, anyway i'll b looking out.
JoeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:53 AM   #40
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
nawh thats not how its gonna go down .... for a fee a big fee i will hunt down the dirtbag and duck tape him up and drop him off at your address of choice...
perfect

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement