MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 06:01 PM   #21
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
It said No 6 bike finished first in Lightweights but that bike was running 48's and I asked a few folks and they think it may have been a mistake, the bike should be listed in Superbikes. It looked like a kx65 too.
bike #6 is Team Ninja on a klx110 but I hardly doubt it was a 110... they blew by me and im no noob. They've been in LW all season long. But running sub 50s on that bike is just nuts.
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TMGP Endurance today obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 20 03-19-2012 10:09 PM
TMGP KATY ENDURANCE PICS 11/08/09 FastLine Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 13 11-09-2009 11:04 PM
TMGP Endurance Results are up..! BlackWidow Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 0 08-11-2009 01:16 PM
TMGP Endurance Denton mcd Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 1 07-05-2009 04:42 PM
More TMGP Endurance Pics SBK Pilot Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 52 11-13-2007 11:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2007, 06:12 PM   #22
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
cheating??? who's cheating?

and yeah, i've only attended 2 tmgp races....and i can see the playing field is FAR from level. i like competition of the rider....not the bike.
+1 on the rider competition... If you need to cheat to win, IMO you're f-in dumb and you deserve to get beat. The "he cheats, they cheat" talk is always ongoing and unless someone grows some and protests, nothing is going to ever get done. It's a lose lose situation: if your bike is fast, people say you're cheating, if you're a really good rider, and can ride the bike, people will stay say you're cheating.

I even think it would be great if they did random inspections, but yeah like that will ever happen... Some people are good and talented, and i'll give them the credit, but others take that to an advantage to fix their up and make them faster.
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Old 11-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #23
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

It's TMGP, you worried about that million dollar contract and the factory ride your gonna miss out on for a second or third place.
TMGP is about the fun first. Just have fun and let the winning be the byproduct.
I'll let ya borrow some trophies if it will make someone fell better.

What's in the rule book about modifications. Keeping anything stock in the racing world will keep you catching hind . Strip the engine loosen tolerances, change bearings and cranks. Free the engine up. Just keep the cheating crying at home.
This isn't a liberal orginization(in a gay voice) Everybody should get trophies for participating! Yaah! NOT!
I keep doing it for the fun! Not about the wins!
Crash out there 90% of the time out there you crash pick it up kick it and go. Like mx'n. Big bike you crash it your gonna be crackin the wallet big time.
IT'S STILL ALL ABOUT THE FUN!!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:25 PM   #24
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

That yellow KLX110 (we think it was a KLX) was fast. He was haulin through the corners too though, not just the straights. The thing about these bikes is that minor mods make a huge difference. Simply replacing the rear shock on the XR70 took 3 full seconds off Rick's and my lap times. Unbelievable. I could only imagine how much time that disc brakes and 'real' forks would shave off.

I only have one complaint about TMGP and it mostly applies to the Sprint races. Currently they allow you to race Novice in some races and Expert in others. For example - the same guy can run a Superbike Expert race then turn around and run a Motard Novice race. I think that's . The skill level applies to the rider, not the rider on a specific bike. That is all.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #25
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
That yellow KLX110 (we think it was a KLX) was fast.

I only have one complaint about TMGP and it mostly applies to the Sprint races. Currently they allow you to race Novice in some races and Expert in others. For example - the same guy can run a Superbike Expert race then turn around and run a Motard Novice race. I think that's . That is all.
There were a few yellow bikes out there, so im not sure which you're refering to. My assumption is the #15 class that runs expert? :dontknow: That bike is Marc Mondshine's and yeah its pretty quick!(it's a DRZ110)

I haven't ran sprints but yeah I noticed yesterday when they were calling awards if im not mistaking, a couple of the guys from JSK Racing(Endurance Novice) were running Expert Sprint races. I thought that was a bit odd(assuming I heard correctly, which I think I did).

Who says anything? no one. Yep, it may be , but in the end it's just fun to be out there rubbing elbows and getting seat time.
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
Old 11-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #26
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool View Post
There were a few yellow bikes out there, so im not sure which you're refering to. My assumption is the #15 class that runs expert? :dontknow: That bike is Marc Mondshine's and yeah its pretty quick!(it's a DRZ110)

I haven't ran sprints but yeah I noticed yesterday when they were calling awards if im not mistaking, a couple of the guys from JSK Racing(Endurance Novice) were running Expert Sprint races. I thought that was a bit odd(assuming I heard correctly, which I think I did).

Who says anything? no one. Yep, it may be , but in the end it's just fun to be out there rubbing elbows and getting seat time.
i'm sure you know all about rubbing elbows....you rubbed someone's elbow a little too hard and near broke his arm

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
Old 11-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #27
MadseasoN

Quote:

Yeah that's the one. I couldn't catch that guy. I tried.

I agree with you - it's mainly about the fun and I always have fun out there, so. I'm anxious to see how (the possible) mixing of TMGP & CMRA is gonna work out.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:10 PM   #28
houseofpaint

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike

Member Garage

from what Nancy Selleck (CMRA) has told me....they have no plans on doing another TMGP/CMRA event again (like what they did at oak hill in july).

in other words....they probably want you to pay for a cmra license to race with them.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:57 PM   #29
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Quote:
i'm sure you know all about rubbing elbows....you rubbed someone's elbow a little too hard and near broke his arm
actually... to set the record straight, he felt the need to close me in right at the apex to rub with me, not the other way around.

I think he just wanted to cop a feel.
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
Old 11-12-2007, 11:00 PM   #30
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
I'm anxious to see how (the possible) mixing of TMGP & CMRA is gonna work out.

Quote:
from what Nancy Selleck (CMRA) has told me....they have no plans on doing another TMGP/CMRA event again (like what they did at oak hill in july).
That's not what Jeff told us yesterday! he said they were planning/talking about mixing them in to where some of the mini rounds are ran under CMRA and some of theirs are run under TMGP.
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
Old 11-13-2007, 12:06 AM   #31
houseofpaint

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike

Member Garage

Quote:

That's not what Jeff told us yesterday! he said they were planning/talking about mixing them in to where some of the mini rounds are ran under CMRA and some of theirs are run under TMGP.

i guess we'll see how it all unfolds.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #32
SRADkneedragger

Bike(s):
07 GSXR-750
RZ-350
86 GSXR-750 Limited
916SPS
RC-51

Cheaters 101 and simple math.
I ran Production YSR50 for years and won alot of championships. Heres the deal plunk down your money and protest the guy who beat you or shut up. Simple. The talk of cheater bikes in the production class became rampant a few years ago so I talked to Denny and said lets solve the problem I'll just protest someone that beats me every race! Yeah some people got hurt, yeah I had to unass some cash and yeah SOME bikes slowed waaay down before I got a chance to protest them! Simple pool some cash protest a few bikes and see what happens overall.
The other point here is yes everyone wants to win no one wants to lose but lets be real its adults racing on kids bikes how serious can you really take this all(said the guy who just blew his whole wad on a one race motor!)
SRAD
Old 11-14-2007, 12:05 AM   #33
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

answer me this.

of all the entry fees, gate fees we pay with nothing more than a couple hundred dollars worth of trophies given out over a weekend, some electronic scoring, the volunteers who respectfully and generously devote their time plus the time and effort to put it all together, where does the money end up??

In CMRA, you get a payout, in TMGP, you get a $2 trophy for your efforts.

yes, it's all about fun but, when you're on what should be a competitive bike in your respective class, you are relegated to 4th, 5th and even lower placings, what does that tell you? cheating or not, i don't think that with ALL THINGS considered i can continue to support the TMGP series.

Our team had tons of fun and gained lots of great experience from racing this year. We appreciate the opportunities that we were afforded running in this series.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:20 AM   #34
SRADkneedragger

Bike(s):
07 GSXR-750
RZ-350
86 GSXR-750 Limited
916SPS
RC-51

I think a general accounting is in order,, And I think if you do the math $8 a head sprints at $30 $20 $5 Endurance at $20 an hour, you might find out after paying for the Abulance two paramedics and renting the track, spending time to travel to and from pay for hotels TMGP promotoers are NOT getting rich they are doing this out of love. But if you really feel like some one is getting rich out of this thing lets take a minute to crunch the numbers!
SRAD
Old 11-14-2007, 10:18 AM   #35
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Fun or no fun riding, I cannot imagine it is fun when you are ready to put all your time and sweat into a little bike and go out there and are literally left standing on the straight by a bike that should be in your class but is actually being chased down by a bike from a bigger class, and that bigger class bike cannot pass that bike for the life of it.

I am sorry, but if Ty on a superbike was unable to even close in on 6 which was in lightweights on the straights or anywhere else for that matter, then even as a spectator, you were not having fun watching that. We all just smelled foul.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:27 AM   #36
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRADkneedragger View Post
I think a general accounting is in order,, And I think if you do the math $8 a head sprints at $30 $20 $5 Endurance at $20 an hour, you might find out after paying for the Abulance two paramedics and renting the track, spending time to travel to and from pay for hotels TMGP promotoers are NOT getting rich they are doing this out of love. But if you really feel like some one is getting rich out of this thing lets take a minute to crunch the numbers!
SRAD
not implying anything at all! just curious, it's food for thought!

why would there not be payouts? CMRA does it with the same set up, gate fee is the same, entry fee is the same. they may have more people show up but at the end of the day?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #37
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1 View Post
why would there not be payouts? CMRA does it with the same set up, gate fee is the same, entry fee is the same. they may have more people show up but at the end of the day?
Don't the payouts come from help from the sponsors? CMRA has a good number of them... who does TMGP have? :dontknow:

Quote:
when you're on what should be a competitive bike in your respective class, you are relegated to 4th, 5th and even lower placings, what does that tell you?
It tells you you SUCK!!

J/K
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
Old 11-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #38
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

'nuff said:

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=699716
Old 11-14-2007, 11:05 AM   #39
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Don't the payouts come from help from the sponsors? CMRA has a good number of them... who does TMGP have? :dontknow:

It tells you you SUCK!!

J/K

Old 11-14-2007, 11:08 AM   #40
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Quote:
Ima cut chu foo!
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
Closed Thread

Advertisement