MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #21
pigpen
Radiator Wrecker
 
pigpen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 375


Bike(s):
2000 ZX-12R









Nope, not this time. Jimbo will be offshore for this one. Does anyone need to borrow his bike??? I'll rent it out for $50.00
__________________
IMG 0160 1

There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about!!!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RideSmart TRACK DAY SCHEDULE ADDITION - TWS (Texas World Speedway) - Nov 28, 2009 +Guarantee Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 19 11-09-2009 10:28 PM
28th Nov TWS (Texas World Speedway) Ridesmart Track Day Silent636 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 2 11-09-2009 08:56 PM
First TWS (Texas World Speedway) Track Day / RideSmart / Memorial Day '08 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-14-2008 08:47 AM
RideSmart Track Day @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 5.26.08 - Memorial Day!!! - Roll Call Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 6 04-09-2008 06:07 PM
Video from Nov 7th TWS (Texas World Speedway) Track day... jeffrh General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 11-30-2005 09:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #22
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaka View Post
I know you want to attend . You will have a blast. It is the last day of the season, and no better way to end it than at a track day.
last for ridesmart.....but there's still a trackday in december with Buck/MSRH
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #23
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






sooo got a question... Anyone camping out there Friday night that has room for me to ride up there with yall and has room for me and my bike on the way home?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:25 AM   #24
rc51eviltwin
Senior Member
 
rc51eviltwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: ODESSA,TX
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 843

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











well i missed the one at MSR-C and sent them an email about moving the credit to this one and still havent heard from them.if i can get them to aply my credit i will most definetly be down.
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:05 AM   #25
BlackWidow
The Doctor
 
BlackWidow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 2,884

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)






Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51eviltwin View Post
well i missed the one at MSR-C and sent them an email about moving the credit to this one and still havent heard from them.if i can get them to aply my credit i will most definetly be down.
Call 512-469-9491 & speak to Jason about it..

That'll be quicker..

Hope to see you out there, the Cresson track day you missed was a blast! Perfect weather the whole day, sticky track, barely any incidents, and lotsa track time. Let's hope the same for this one.
__________________
A tip somebody gave me on Endurance Racing...

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:35 PM   #26
rc51eviltwin
Senior Member
 
rc51eviltwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: ODESSA,TX
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 843

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











thanks,i'll try that....
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:11 PM   #27
Ridesmart
Senior Member
 
Ridesmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,288

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track








The day was awesome. The time went by so fast, we already finished the whole day in less than half the time.

LOL

Those who bothered to look outside guessed right, it was a rain out.
It was perfectly dry all day Friday, through the evening.
It started raining around 4am. Then it stopped around 5am.
And yes, it did start about 30 minutes later. This time it did not let up until we left (around 10:30am).
It was actually getting so bad that few places on the back stretch were getting fully covered in water (might as well try the track with a seadoo).
There were about 2 or 3 brave souls who said they will ride, and they did.
It was kind of funny seeing all the corner workers being dragged into positions . One could tell they were just really excited to face strong winds, 40F temperature and massive amounts of rain falling down.
However, they did go out to satisfy those who did commit to ride. I have a photo of one such brave person (happen to take it just before leaving to get a pic for posterity).
We did not bother even changing. The conditions out there were just too harsh.
Other than that, it was nice ( ) . There is always next season.

Here is a pic of a Kamikaze

Last edited by Ridesmart; 12-22-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #28
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,636

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaka View Post
There were about 2 or 3 brave idiots who said they will ride, and they did.
FIXED J/K!!!! They def. have more than me


Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaka View Post
It was kind of funny seeing all the corner workers being dragged into positions . One could tell they were just really excited to face strong winds, 40F temperature and massive amounts of rain falling down.
I was tempted to do so also, but was satisfied with someone else doing the deed....if you're gonna make the participants brave the weather, so should the track officials....
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #29
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Sad thing is, if they had my hard earned money and no refund or credit, I would have had to ride.... just "because"
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:35 PM   #30
jettech01
Motorcyle Rider not owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 99

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











[QUOTE
I was tempted to do so also, but was satisfied with someone else doing the deed....if you're gonna make the participants brave the weather, so should the track officials....[/QUOTE]


The only thing I can say is this, my bike DID make it around the track........but in the back of my p-up

I take my hat off to the brave souls that rode the track today......
jettech01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:47 PM   #31
Silver Bullet
MISS U GWEN -R.I.P.
 
Silver Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Barker Cypress & FM529
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 575

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
99 CBR 600 F4
96 CBR 600 F3








I counted only about 30 or so riders in the riders meeting, then went back to the car and drank some hot chocolate and defrosted. I didn't even bother suiting up or taking the bike off the trailer. I drove out to turn three in the car and watched two ballzy, brave souls fly through the water, I know atleast one of them had to have rain slicks on. I timed one rider in level 4 riding a black GSXR. He rode a 2:41 lap time. Not to bad beeing he had to battle a water fall in turn 7. If I'm not mistaken he later wrecked in the next session on turn 8. Hope he was OK, I didn't stick around to much longer after that. I gave up waiting after I saw some of the riders coming out of turn 2 looking like they were riding a jetski. I didn't know turn 2 had a wake zone What a waste of $135
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #32
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 28,891

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


ok, I mean it sucks that it rained and they didnt cancel, but I remember riding at TWS (Texas World Speedway) with another org, and it rained, I sat out one session and said F this, Im riding.

had alot of fun actually... though it wasnt as cold outside...lol

why talk ? When you sign up, there is a explicit NO REFUND FOR RAIN policy...

if Ride Smart cancels they lose out on all the money they spent renting the track....they dont get that back.
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:56 PM   #33
jettech01
Motorcyle Rider not owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 99

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
ok, I mean it sucks that it rained and they didnt cancel, but I remember riding at TWS (Texas World Speedway) with another org, and it rained, I sat out one session and said F this, Im riding.

had alot of fun actually... though it wasnt as cold outside...lol

why talk ? When you sign up, there is a explicit NO REFUND FOR RAIN policy...

if Ride Smart cancels they lose out on all the money they spent renting the track....they dont get that back.

Then why did the guy say in the riders meeting that they had to notify TWS (Texas World Speedway) 72 hours in advance for a refund yet they chose not to, even when the forecasts said it would rain, 90%........Hmmmm me thinks they made a poor choice and so did I......I think will pass on the Ride Smart TD's in the future.
jettech01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:05 PM   #34
Silver Bullet
MISS U GWEN -R.I.P.
 
Silver Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Barker Cypress & FM529
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 575

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
99 CBR 600 F4
96 CBR 600 F3








Quote:
Originally Posted by jettech01 View Post
Then why did the guy say in the riders meeting that they had to notify TWS (Texas World Speedway) 72 hours in advance for a refund yet they chose not to, even when the forecasts said it would rain, 90%........Hmmmm me thinks they made a poor choice and so did I......I think will pass on the Ride Smart TD's in the future.


Same here, I'm with ya on that one.
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #35
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by jettech01 View Post
Then why did the guy say in the riders meeting that they had to notify TWS (Texas World Speedway) 72 hours in advance for a refund yet they chose not to, even when the forecasts said it would rain, 90%........Hmmmm me thinks they made a poor choice and so did I......I think will pass on the Ride Smart TD's in the future.
Dude, this is Texas. On any given day, you may have rain when none is forecasted, and it may be dry when there is a 90% chance. Not a very good argument IMHO.

Case in point, we considered canceling GSS a few days before the event because the forecast was 70%. But then, the forecast changed to 30%, and that was only for the morning, the afternoon was supposed to be clear. That lasted all the way to the day before the event. It was also supposed to rain Friday night, but then that changed on Thursday to 10%.

What ended up happening? It poured at 2am Saturday morning, was dry all day Friday before, and Saturday about 11:30, it stopped raining and didn't rain the rest of the day.

It happens.

If the trackday was canceled, then it didn't rain, can you imagine the people's response then? "Freakin' idiot didn't know this was Texas and that rain forecasts are never accurate? Now I didn't get to ride the track today!"

It happens. These are the chances we all take, like it or not.
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:23 PM   #36
jettech01
Motorcyle Rider not owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 99

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Dude, this is Texas. On any given day, you may have rain when none is forecasted, and it may be dry when there is a 90% chance. Not a very good argument IMHO.

Case in point, we considered canceling GSS a few days before the event because the forecast was 70%. But then, the forecast changed to 30%, and that was only for the morning, the afternoon was supposed to be clear. That lasted all the way to the day before the event. It was also supposed to rain Friday night, but then that changed on Thursday to 10%.

What ended up happening? It poured at 2am Saturday morning, was dry all day Friday before, and Saturday about 11:30, it stopped raining and didn't rain the rest of the day.

It happens.

If the trackday was canceled, then it didn't rain, can you imagine the people's response then? "Freakin' idiot didn't know this was Texas and that rain forecasts are never accurate? Now I didn't get to ride the track today!"

It happens. These are the chances we all take, like it or not.
I understand Tom, meaning no disrespect at all.....maybe its sour grapes on my part........I have riden at Jennings, Daytona, Barber and a few others, many of them have a very "limited" rain day policy......but at least they still will give "something" to the rider that shows......like Danny said 1/2 credit for a future day maybe even with an expiration date on it but something for the rider that shows.......We all are interested in doing "good business" and making money......I believe we all pay our money and take our chances but it is always nice to be "fair about it" I can't help but think that the money Ride Smart made on the no-shows would have paid for the track and workers and the one's that showed could have recieved at least a partial credit, if I am wrong then I apologize.
jettech01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:29 PM   #37
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by jettech01 View Post
I understand Tom, meaning no disrespect at all.....maybe its sour grapes on my part........I have riden at Jennings, Daytona, Barber and a few others, many of them have a very "limited" rain day policy......but at least they still will give "something" to the rider that shows......like Danny said 1/2 credit for a future day maybe even with an expiration date on it but something for the rider that shows.......We all are interested in doing "good business" and making money......I believe we all pay our money and take our chances but it is always nice to be "fair about it" I can't help but think that the money Ride Smart made on the no-shows would have paid for the track and workers and the one's that showed could have recieved at least a partial credit, if I am wrong then I apologize.
Nah, don't apologize at all. As I explained in PM to you, there is really no "perfect" way to have a rain policy. As it is right now, their rain policy is what it is I guess. I don't know anything about their org except from my friends who work for them- so that's limited and biased.

Man, I'm right on line with you all that there is an amicable way of resolving these issues. Sometimes, our org (and others) are able to give credits, sometimes not.

You guys are the customers, you will be heard if you go through good communication routes. I'm sure that Ride Smart would listen to you on your concerns, and I look forward to hearing from you all if you have input for LSTD too.

You can reach me at tom@lstd.com, or you can reach the "bosses" at any of the contacts listed on our website www.lstd.com.
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:05 PM   #38
MANSON6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Antonio TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 228

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2005 636









Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
I counted only about 30 or so riders in the riders meeting, then went back to the car and drank some hot chocolate and defrosted. I didn't even bother suiting up or taking the bike off the trailer. I drove out to turn three in the car and watched two ballzy, brave souls fly through the water, I know atleast one of them had to have rain slicks on. I timed one rider in level 4 riding a black GSXR. He rode a 2:41 lap time. Not to bad beeing he had to battle a water fall in turn 7. If I'm not mistaken he later wrecked in the next session on turn 8. Hope he was OK, I didn't stick around to much longer after that. I gave up waiting after I saw some of the riders coming out of turn 2 looking like they were riding a jetski. I didn't know turn 2 had a wake zone What a waste of $135
Those 2 brave souls were buddies of mine from San Antonio, The guy that went down was running full rain tires and so was the other guy on the black GSXR, He said when he was trying to manuever around 2 puddles in turn 10 as soon as he went into the carousel the front tucked really bad and it sent him off. That was actually his first time on the track and since it was his only time to go he was gonna make the best of it. He dropped the money for rain tires since he didn't want to go all the way back to San Antonio. Both guys were running full rains. My other buddy went off in turn 7-8 I believe that's the one your referring to and went over the bars but somehow managed to skate beside the bike and then was able to throw his leg back over it and saved it from going down. He is a crazy because usually when it's dry out there he can easily run 1:55's on DOT race tires.
__________________

Last edited by MANSON6; 11-24-2007 at 07:10 PM.
MANSON6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:19 PM   #39
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,769

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





^ how did he go OVER the bars yet, "manage" to skate beside the bike? we have a david copperfield on the track now?

good save nonetheless.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:23 PM   #40
lorin70
Senior Member
 
lorin70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston - ITL
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 359

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











I signed up for today's TWS (Texas World Speedway) track day many weeks ago hoping it would be good weather. I didn't even bother thinking about loading up the bike and going up there today. I do track days to have fun. There's no way I'm going to go ride in cold, rainy weather because it is no fun for me. When I sign up for a track day any time of year I look at it as if I'm buying an option to have fun. If things are good I get to exercise the option and go have fun. If the weather is I just let the option expire. I let two expire this year. No big deal. I'm certainly not going to go and spend more money to have an unpleasant experience just because I've already spent some on the 'option'.

I don't know if anyone has explored this kind of an idea but when the weather kills a track day maybe there could be some future benefit for those who have paid for the day. Something that does not have a significant direct cost to provide but that would give some benefit to the riders who were rained out. If you get rained out at one track day, maybe on your next track day you could get a free ride-behind video or something like that. The instructors with video cameras are already going to be there riding the track so it wouldn't cost much for them (or the organizer) to shoot a couple of laps and give it to those people that previously got rained out. It might build some goodwill for a small cost.
__________________
ZX9R
KZ650
ASICS 2000
FZ6
lorin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy