MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #61
Whorenet
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
whats this E15 fuel mess im hearing about????????????????????????????? Jerzey General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 10-16-2010 09:50 AM
My fuel connectors attached to the fuel pump mounting plate. Zapata How To's and Q & A's 9 11-20-2008 11:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2007, 05:01 PM   #62
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet View Post
high frequency radio waves induced into water make it seperate into hydrogen and oxygen......

i.e. makes water combustible....

its SERIOUSLY in the works....

I'm sure that the inventor will mysteriously end up dead before it ever comes to market.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #63
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
I'm sure that the inventor will mysteriously end up dead before it ever comes to market.

:nono:

There are several prototypes out there already. It's not a one man operation. Lots of people are working on it.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:05 PM   #64
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4563676/
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-08-2007, 05:09 PM   #65
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
these prices per unit will drop once they are in production.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #66
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLETUS View Post
these prices per unit will drop once they are in production.

Can't wait!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-08-2007, 05:12 PM   #67
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
Can't wait!
I can. there are going to be millions of people all of the world that will be unemployed once this technology hits the market. Unless there is a new way of driving the US economy without the Power & Energy markets, we are truely Fooked!
Old 11-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #68
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
I can. there are going to be millions of people all of the world that will be unemployed once this technology hits the market. Unless there is a new way of driving the US economy without the Power & Energy markets, we are truely Fooked!
Wont you have a new energy market based on the new technology? Wouldn't this mean new jobs.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:17 PM   #69
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:

I don't think it will be a complete disaster or anything. Part of me thinks the huge money grab going on now is in preparation for the shift. I don't know.

Companies need to be flexible and adopt new technologies or die. Whatever dies though, I'm sure that whole new industries and innovations will be coming together to take up the slack. I think most of it will offset each other.

Or, that could just be wishful thinking on my part.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #70
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
Wont you have a new energy market based on the new technology? Wouldn't this mean new jobs.
I personally don't think so. I think that the only job market left will be mining, and exploration...

ON THE MOON!!!
(and I can back that up, I didn't shoot my bolt!)
Old 11-08-2007, 05:20 PM   #71
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
I don't think it will be a complete disaster or anything. Part of me thinks the huge money grab going on now is in preparation for the shift. I don't know.

Companies need to be flexible and adopt new technologies or die. Whatever dies though, I'm sure that whole new industries and innovations will be coming together to take up the slack. I think most of it will offset each other.

Or, that could just be wishful thinking on my part.
Kinda like linux and Windows? Techniclly you have a free operating system thats better than windows but you dont see masses of people migrating over and putting MS out of business.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:21 PM   #72
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:

That's my thinking.

On the other hand. It *should* be possible at some point to produce our own fuel. I was reading somewhere that a washing machine or something similar can be converted to make hydrogen.

That would cause a big panic like the RIAA. Musicians/bands don't need record labels to distribute their music. We shouldn't need large companies to make our fuel for us either.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-08-2007, 05:22 PM   #73
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
I personally don't think so. I think that the only job market left will be mining, and exploration...

ON THE MOON!!!
(and I can back that up, I didn't shoot my bolt!)
I dont know about that. Any thing that can power something and be profitable with lower emissions will make money and create an industry. The key word there is profitability.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #74
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
the cost of production increases drastically over the point of marginal returns-you will experience everything from decreased life expectanty of machinery from being run at max capacity for prolonged amounts of time, extremes in turnover of workforce due to burn out(which means extra recruiting/bonuses,ot pay).......this list goes ON AND ON AND ON

believe me, theyre really not making much more money @ 3.00 a gallon than they are at half that and its taking twice the work and output to keep profits level.....gas providers would rather charge less.....

want to talk about stupid? people complainging about this is stupid....its a fact of life and if 25-50 bucks more a month on gas is really hurting YOUR bottom line that much, you need to get a new job, or a smaller car.....maybe put a kid up for adoption.....
As I stated before, not really into details manufacturing gas but I have to disagree that they are not making any money at $3. How were they able to survive all these years with less than $3/gal? How can there be a filing of profit/gain through the trade commission? I am not complaining about the price they set, it's their gas their price.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #75
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
Kinda like linux and Windows? Techniclly you have a free operating system thats better than windows but you dont see masses of people migrating over and putting MS out of business.

Sorta. It hasn't put them out of business, but it has certainly impacted their sales. But more than that, there are companies making money off of linux.

So even if we are producing our own fuel, there will certainly be some type of 'support' industry built around it at least.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #76
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
want to talk about stupid? people complainging about this is stupid....its a fact of life and if 25-50 bucks more a month on gas is really hurting YOUR bottom line that much, you need to get a new job, or a smaller car.....maybe put a kid up for adoption.....
Lets see all 08 model 600's jump in price to 18k and see if you use that same logic.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:31 PM   #77
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
I dont know about that. Any thing that can power something and be profitable with lower emissions will make money and create an industry. The key word there is profitability.
Let's assume for a moment that all vehicles and machinery are operating on hydrogen and all electricity is nuclear fission. The millions of people that there are working for BP, Exxon, Schumberger, Haliburton, Baker, COP, etc. are going to do what?
How about construct vehicles that can be used to bring back large chuncks of ice and other resources available 244,000 miles up. refining stations on the moon, logistics and transporation companies. Food and healthcare. Manufacturing and repair. you name it!!
Millions working for common goals. Utopia, to quote St. Tomas

Old 11-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #78
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Last edited by Whorenet; 11-08-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:03 PM   #79
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
:nono:

There are several prototypes out there already. It's not a one man operation. Lots of people are working on it.
Even if this is a success. It will not be available to the general public for another 50 years. These giant conglomerates will buy out the government/politicians to hold off. It will be a snail paced transition.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:23 PM   #80
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
high frequency radio waves induced into water make it seperate into hydrogen and oxygen......

i.e. makes water combustible....

its SERIOUSLY in the works....
Hydrogen is not efficient enough at its present state. You would have to carry around an enormous tank just to get the same distance from gas. Although it would def. be cheap!!!

Personally. I like the 6 cycle engine.
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement