MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 11:33 AM   #21
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLETUS View Post
You can't rely on body language to let you know others intensions. Some poeple were born with a poker face.
My Uncle GC thought that somebody was playing with him when it happened. After we watched him die in the hospital from gun shot wounds I decided that this wasn't going to happen to me.
Fore warned is fore armed... Sheakespear.
There is always exceptions. There are no guarantees in life. I mean there is an article on here about people having a cow fall out of the sky and land on their car. When have you ever worried about that? I'm sure they will the rest of their lives. There are too many things to worry about to keep up with everything. I think schools in the city are too liberal. In my home town the schools are still strict. You cant have visible tattoos, you can't have abnormal color hair, guys can't have ANY visible piercings (well the jewelry can't be seen, the holes don't matter) they even make you shave if your facial hair gets too visible. The dress code is rather strict also. Sounds extreme to some, but all part of keeping it straight and clean.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #22
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

If every set of parents does their job on keeping kids informed, loved and DISCIPLINED, half of the problems would go away. But every single threat can't be investigated. I couldn't imagine how many investigations we would have had at school. We never had a problems with guns and shootings. Not even a single stabbing even though some brought them into fights.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #23
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet View Post
man back when i was in highschool, if anyone pulled a knife on you in a fight, HIS OWN FRIENDS woulda kicked his ! then called him a pusssy....

ftw is happening to the world?!?!?
That is exactly what all these people are, big p*ss**s! Too scared to fight with their bare hands that they bring a knife of a gun and some friends to fight their own battle. I never cared when some had beef with me in high school because it was pointless and if I were to fight her like she wanted, all her girls would jump in. I'm not going to fight either unless my life is being threatened. Simple. Buut, I guess I am p*ss* too because I carry my knife when I go to school and what not (UHD). It's scary at 9pm!
Old 11-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #24
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Let me restate.
If a teaher hears a student threaten the school, teacher, or other student, Even if this information is reported to them by another student, they have the responsiblity of reporting the incident.
This is how it works with stopping this behavour in schools and the fight against terrorists. If nobody says anything and nobody reports it, there is no way to stop it.

You didn't have these problems in the '50s b/c people reported these incidents and they were able to get the message out that they authorities aren't playing.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:46 AM   #25
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Let me restate.
If a teaher hears a student threaten the school, teacher, or other student, Even if this information is reported to them by another student, they have the responsiblity of reporting the incident.
This is how it works with stopping this behavour in schools and the fight against terrorists. If nobody says anything and nobody reports it, there is no way to stop it.

You didn't have these problems in the '50s b/c people reported these incidents and they were able to get the message out that they authorities aren't playing.
yea pony boy lets just report it!!!

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:46 AM   #26
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Let me restate.

I agree when a teacher hears it yes, it should be reported.

And in the 50s they didn't have that problem not only because they reported, but the principal would tear you up in his office with a paddle. He was capable of taking care of the problem himself. Then he would call your parents and THEY would tear you up too. Kids were scared to get caught acting up. Thats the way it was for me also. I plan on taking care of my kids like that too. Oh why did I have to have a girl first? It is going to be so much harder.....
Old 11-07-2007, 11:48 AM   #27
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post

And in the 50s they didn't have that problem not only because they reported, but the principal would tear you up in his office with a paddle. He was capable of taking care of the problem himself. Then he would call your parents and THEY would tear you up too. Kids were scared to get caught acting up. Thats the way it was for me also. I plan on taking care of my kids like that too. Oh why did I have to have a girl first? It is going to be so much harder.....
good luck with that brotha

Quote:
Old 11-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #28
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:

Agreed. When I was a kid my parents would paint my backporch red when we acted up!!
Old 11-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #29
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #30
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet View Post
that was cold hearted...

Quote:
Old 11-07-2007, 02:07 PM   #31
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Old 11-07-2007, 04:18 PM   #32
louisiana954

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 Kawi ZX14

im glad somebody has brought up something i can talk about..I am a teacher at In the Spring ISD...Listen everything that you guys have said has been absolutly true...Kids need to be LOVED....that is a basic need for survival...Alot of the kids that grow up and committed violent crimes dont get the love when they are be raised....Statistic show that the more love and nuturing that a child get when they are being rasied the better off they will be....If you hear or talk to a kid and they express any kind of anger toward one person or a group please pay attention to it....Thats whats happened over the last twenty year of voilents in the schools...people dont pay attention to these kids crying out for some help...
louisiana954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #33
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisiana954 View Post
im glad somebody has brought up something i can talk about..I am a teacher at In the Spring ISD...Listen everything that you guys have said has been absolutly true...Kids need to be LOVED....that is a basic need for survival...Alot of the kids that grow up and committed violent crimes dont get the love when they are be raised....Statistic show that the more love and nuturing that a child get when they are being rasied the better off they will be....If you hear or talk to a kid and they express any kind of anger toward one person or a group please pay attention to it....Thats whats happened over the last twenty year of voilents in the schools...people dont pay attention to these kids crying out for some help...
Cherub loves the kids

but honestly i agree. The breakdown of the family unit has left kids with propor guidance.

Quote:
Old 11-07-2007, 04:27 PM   #34
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisiana954 View Post
I think attention has a lot to do with it also. I know I ran with kids that had very loving supportive parents, that didn't pay enough attention to them. They constantly got in trouble. I think it takes a balance of attention, love, and discipline. Any one of the three missing will allow a kid to stray the wrong direction.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:28 PM   #35
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 11-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #36
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 11-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #37
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

I *spank disapline *spank you *spank Because *spank I *spank Love *spank YOu *spank *spank *spank *spank hahaha love and attention right there

Quote:
Old 11-07-2007, 04:31 PM   #38
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
I *spank disapline *spank you *spank Because *spank I *spank Love *spank YOu *spank *spank *spank *spank hahaha love and attention right there
Yep, got it all in one swoop. Good job Cherub, your kids are going to be great
Old 11-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #39
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Yep, got it all in one swoop. Good job Cherub, your kids are going to be great
now to trick crystal into carrying my demon seed

Quote:

Last edited by Cherub; 11-07-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #40
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Advertisement