MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #1
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Exclamation Should we take chilrenz more seriously?

Per Cherub's request... Fartknocker made new thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet View Post
ok ok heres a new topic:

should threats by children be taken more seriously?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...291894,00.html
Old 11-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #2
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #3
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

No, I think kids are just like adults. People make threats all the time. Only a few actually go through with it. I know my friends and I mentioned shooting a teacher out of anger multiple times. NEVER ever meant it, or even thought about going through with it. Just a comment out of anger. Wouldn't have been worth haveing the police talk to me, psychologists, expelled from school, etc. etc. Kids say things too much.

Have you ever mentioned going "Postal" at work? People have done it, many say it, but realistically, maybe one out of 1 million that say it actually do anything. It isn't worth the other million to get investigated and harassed just for saying something out of frustration.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #4
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
hahahahah that word is just plain retarted.....what exactly is a fart knocker?
1. fartknocker 138 up, 33 down

A generic insulting noun, coined by Butthead of MTV's Beavis and Butthead.

While they were watching the premier of GWAR's "Saddam a Go-Go" video, Beavis got in Butthead's line of view of the TV. Butthead shouted "Move it, fartknocker!"

2. Fartknocker 108 up, 40 down

A semi-derogatory term that is based on a long, popping fart that simulates the sound of knocking; often farted on wooden chairs

5. fartknocker 50 up, 49 down

derogatory term used to describe a homosexual male. a term given to the penetrator, not the penetraitee. the act of man on man love would "knock" a fart back up where it came from. similar too 'packing the fudge'

7. Fartknocker 2 up, 17 down

1: person who farts, and then makes a knocking noise 2: person who farts in unnatural amounts

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=fartknocker
Old 11-07-2007, 11:06 AM   #5
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Old 11-07-2007, 11:10 AM   #6
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
No, I think kids are just like adults. People make threats all the time. Only a few actually go through with it. I know my friends and I mentioned shooting a teacher out of anger multiple times. NEVER ever meant it, or even thought about going through with it. Just a comment out of anger. Wouldn't have been worth haveing the police talk to me, psychologists, expelled from school, etc. etc. Kids say things too much.

Have you ever mentioned going "Postal" at work? People have done it, many say it, but realistically, maybe one out of 1 million that say it actually do anything. It isn't worth the other million to get investigated and harassed just for saying something out of frustration.
I undertstand where you are coming from. What do you think about the little 13 and 14 year old kids who bring guns to school and shoot a bunch of other people and then finish themselves? What about Virginia Tech?

I believe it has a lot to do with how a person is raised. Kids these days are treated so differently then how we were growing up. We even have schools who are banning HUGS in the perimeter.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #7
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
"spare the rod, spoil the child"

ya skippy!
Agreed 100%, glad my future babies daddy will dicipline the chilrens!
Old 11-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #8
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
I undertstand where you are coming from. What do you think about the little 13 and 14 year old kids who bring guns to school and shoot a bunch of other people and then finish themselves? What about Virginia Tech?

I believe it has a lot to do with how a person is raised. Kids these days are treated so differently then how we were growing up. We even have schools who are banning HUGS in the perimeter.
I don't think I have ever agreed with one of your statements more than this one. It is all in the upbringing. I was raised around guns, and taught how to respect them and everything else I own. It is all about how they are raised. I played violent games, watched violent movies, listened to rap and heavy metal, and never once did I ever take a gun to school. Funny how that is all the cause of violence these days if you ask the media.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:19 AM   #9
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 11-07-2007, 11:20 AM   #10
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Kid are babied so much these days.....Little johnny could do no wrong, is the sentiment of many parents. This will only carry on into thier adult lives.

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:20 AM   #11
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

I don't know about you guys but when somebody tells me they are about to go postal, they usually have my undivided attention.
When people threaten me, I take them for their word and act accordingly depending on the threat. Obviously if I am threatened by Jello wrestling with Jessica Alba I will not react the same a somebody telling me they are about to get their "Rambo On."
According to the Great Republic of Texas, this is allowed. A threat of violence is the same as an act.

If a kid is threatening violence, then it is time to smash his head against a rock...

My $0.02
Old 11-07-2007, 11:21 AM   #12
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
i was raised around drugs and guns. look how i turned out. you just can't get high off your own supply and guns are to make people who owe you money, pay you back! that's what momma taught me.

i'm kidding of course.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:23 AM   #13
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
i swear to i wouldnt be.....like even semi successful if i didnt catch my fair share of whoppings.....people who dont beat their kids are either stupid

OR have instilled the fear of in them....so theres no need to beat them.....

i'm all for a beating....just not abusing.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:23 AM   #14
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLETUS View Post
I don't know about you guys but when somebody tells me they are about to go postal, they usually have my undivided attention.
When people threaten me, I take them for their word and act accordingly depending on the threat. Obviously if I am threatened by Jello wrestling with Jessica Alba I will not react the same a somebody telling me they are about to get their "Rambo On."
According to the Great Republic of Texas, this is allowed. A threat of violence is the same as an act.

If a kid is threatening violence, then it is time to smash his head against a rock...

My $0.02
When you grow up a smart a$$ and fight a lot, you learn that threats don't mean anything. If I had a dollar for every time someone gave me a threat I would be rich. You can tell if someone is serious by their body movements though. Now if they talk about going postal and they are a nervous wreck, shaking, maybe the sweats etc. you may want to get the coughs really fast and go home.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:24 AM   #15
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post

i'm all for a beating....just not abusing.
right. I deserved every whooping my dad gave me.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:27 AM   #16
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
My thing is its not just a fist fight at the back of the school anymore....times have changed and if there if beef (cheesy i know) now kids arnt afraid to bring a gun or knife.......

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:27 AM   #17
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
When you grow up a smart a$$ and fight a lot, you learn that threats don't mean anything. If I had a dollar for every time someone gave me a threat I would be rich. You can tell if someone is serious by their body movements though. Now if they talk about going postal and they are a nervous wreck, shaking, maybe the sweats etc. you may want to get the coughs really fast and go home.

You can't rely on body language to let you know others intensions. Some poeple were born with a poker face.
My Uncle GC thought that somebody was playing with him when it happened. After we watched him die in the hospital from gun shot wounds I decided that this wasn't going to happen to me.
Fore warned is fore armed... Sheakespear.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #18
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
My thing is its not just a fist fight at the back of the school anymore....times have changed and if there if beef (cheesy i know) now kids arnt afraid to bring a gun or knife.......
There was always a problem with that though. I had kids bring knives to fights all the time when I was in school. It all depended on what group you messed with and who. Of course I was in a small school so it was easier to keep up with. Guns on the other hand we didn't have a problem with. This is all why I am moving back to my home town. You h-town people are crazy...
Old 11-07-2007, 11:30 AM   #19
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 11-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #20
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
I don't think I have ever agreed with one of your statements more than this one. It is all in the upbringing. I was raised around guns, and taught how to respect them and everything else I own. It is all about how they are raised. I played violent games, watched violent movies, listened to rap and heavy metal, and never once did I ever take a gun to school. Funny how that is all the cause of violence these days if you ask the media.
Thank ya sir! People now don't talk to their kids about the important things that SHOULD be dicussed to their kids because some think that the school is the baby sitter for their kids so they can work. They are too shy to talk about it, and just ASSUME that they will know. My parents didn't talk to me about , guns, what was right and wrong. I found out on my own and luckily didn't do too many stupid things and am glad my record is clean! Some kids bring a gun for show, others just go because they are depressed and are not going to go out of this world alone. Not done, just working...

Advertisement