MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #181
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Flat sales tax on all goods FTW!!!
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #182
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
Just think, my great grandfather was racist. He was a very old fashioned southern white man. I'm not racist...
This type of thing has always awed me... Very nice!
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #183
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
Not really, not if a white kid wanted to apply for it and was the most qualified for it? I mean if you think about it, if we did away with a lot of this, a lot of racism, not all of course, would go away. If race didn't matter on a lot of day to day things, it wouldn't be as much of a concern. Just think, my great grandfather was racist. He was a very old fashioned southern white man. I'm not racist, each year and generation is making racism less and less of an issue, but we are still forced to show it every time we fill out an application on topics like these.
you are right....i was just using an example that racism is brought on not only by outsiders....but it comes from the inside as well.

racism will never go away.....it's a part of life. people see differences....and that's all it takes. if it wasn't racism....it'll be something else.
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #184
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









very true, but it is getting better. I think Jesse Jackson makes racism take a step in the wrong direction every time he opens his mouth. When he finally disappears I think racism won't be in the spotlight quite as much as it used to be. Racism will never go away just like violence won't but it doesn't have to be a part of every day life. I mean how much are you tired of hearing things like the Vick issue being "Because he is..." and such?
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #185
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
Yea it would have been nice. At the same time I had 20 acres in Waller I could have bought for 100k I passed up on, now the land is going for 13-18k/acre. :/: My in-laws live up northwest of temple in the brownwood area. Land up there is reaching the 1500-2k/acre mark. They own 100+ acres up there and it has tripled in value over the last 10 years. Definetely a good area to look in.
Yeah I was out there for a while and had a friend I worked with in the military, he was a 1st Sg and had 14 acres of land out in North Temple that he bought for around 75k 5 or 6 years ago, well it's worth 185k now. Not to mention all the tax breaks he gets for the amount of land, he has 22 registered Texas Longhorns and his property is set in the direction Temple-Belton-Killeen is expanding toward...he's doing pretty good. I gotta get on my game but I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row before I start getting hundred thousand dollar loans/mortgages lol...want to pay off what little I have left in student loans, bike is paid for thank and the car has but 2 more payments.
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:36 PM   #186
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
Yeah I was out there for a while and had a friend I worked with in the military, he was a 1st Sg and had 14 acres of land out in North Temple that he bought for around 75k 5 or 6 years ago, well it's worth 185k now. Not to mention all the tax breaks he gets for the amount of land, he has 22 registered Texas Longhorns and his property is set in the direction Temple-Belton-Killeen is expanding toward...he's doing pretty good. I gotta get on my game but I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row before I start getting hundred thousand dollar loans/mortgages lol...want to pay off what little I have left in student loans, bike is paid for thank and the car has but 2 more payments.
Thats awesome. It has always been my dream to have that. I am finally making my step that direction. I have my eyes set on 20 acres just outside of La Grange. Can't wait to get my feet rooted in it.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:43 PM   #187
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
Thats awesome. It has always been my dream to have that. I am finally making my step that direction. I have my eyes set on 20 acres just outside of La Grange. Can't wait to get my feet rooted in it.
Yeah same here. I want some Longhorns, some Angus and some Thoroughbred horses (Bey's in particular) and I'll be a happy man. How much for the land out in La Grange? Is there a shack of any kind on it or do you have to build? If so, I'd look into those ranch houses, much cheaper than a bricks and mortar project...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:47 PM   #188
wlgorman
Senior Member
 
wlgorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Missouri City, TX/Angleton, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,025


Bike(s):
'06 CBR600RR









nice turn this thread has taken...you guys sound like my dad and his friends with the land talk...but hey you are 100% right about land value going up I hear it everyday!!!

props to crystalline for this thread, which has kept me sane and entertained throughout the work day...
__________________
'06 CBR600RR (Red)

defeat
wlgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #189
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
Yeah same here. I want some Longhorns, some Angus and some Thoroughbred horses (Bey's in particular) and I'll be a happy man. How much for the land out in La Grange? Is there a shack of any kind on it or do you have to build? If so, I'd look into those ranch houses, much cheaper than a bricks and mortar project...
http://www.landbrokersrealestate.com/

Click the Acreage link on the left and it is the 19.69 acres on Old Plum Highway. The intersection it is at (Drisdale) is the road my family had our first farm on back in '89. There is no building on it, but I work for a metal building company I can design and draw my own with a company discount. Metal buildings make nice houses.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #190
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Quote:
Originally Posted by wlgorman View Post
nice turn this thread has taken...you guys sound like my dad and his friends with the land talk...but hey you are 100% right about land value going up I hear it everyday!!!

props to crystalline for this thread, which has kept me sane and entertained throughout the work day...
+1 it woke me up on this slow afternoon.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:55 PM   #191
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by wlgorman View Post
nice turn this thread has taken...you guys sound like my dad and his friends with the land talk...but hey you are 100% right about land value going up I hear it everyday!!!

props to crystalline for this thread, which has kept me sane and entertained throughout the work day...
LMAO, fasho...definitely made the day go buy a bit faster...

...lol, dang, soundin like an old man at 24? Ouch
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #192
wlgorman
Senior Member
 
wlgorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Missouri City, TX/Angleton, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,025


Bike(s):
'06 CBR600RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
LMAO, fasho...definitely made the day go buy a bit faster...

...lol, dang, soundin like an old man at 24? Ouch
old? hes only 56 bro AAAAAHAHAHA
__________________
'06 CBR600RR (Red)

defeat
wlgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #193
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
http://www.landbrokersrealestate.com/

Click the Acreage link on the left and it is the 19.69 acres on Old Plum Highway. The intersection it is at (Drisdale) is the road my family had our first farm on back in '89. There is no building on it, but I work for a metal building company I can design and draw my own with a company discount. Metal buildings make nice houses.
That's exactly what I was talking about too. A metal building...Looking into that too dependent on what I find when I finally decide to break down do the ranch thing...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #194
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by wlgorman View Post
old? hes only 56 bro AAAAAHAHAHA
hahaha ...naw not necessarily calling him an old man, just a phrase, you ain't old till you allow yourself to get old...my papa (pronounced pawpaw) is still young at 73...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #195
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
That's exactly what I was talking about too. A metal building...Looking into that too dependent on what I find when I finally decide to break down do the ranch thing...
give me a ring when you get ready, I have a few ways of cutting some corners for you if it is out in the country. If you don't mind getting dirty, get you a completely overgrown piece of property. You can nearly double the value just by clearing it. Not to mention it is easier on your wallet.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #196
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
http://www.landbrokersrealestate.com/

Click the Acreage link on the left and it is the 19.69 acres on Old Plum Highway. The intersection it is at (Drisdale) is the road my family had our first farm on back in '89. There is no building on it, but I work for a metal building company I can design and draw my own with a company discount. Metal buildings make nice houses.
man thanks for this link...I am seeing quite a few things of interest and not bad prices at all either...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #197
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
give me a ring when you get ready, I have a few ways of cutting some corners for you if it is out in the country. If you don't mind getting dirty, get you a completely overgrown piece of property. You can nearly double the value just by clearing it. Not to mention it is easier on your wallet.
Thanks for the heads up, don't mind working at all. I've worked a few friends ranches in the past just because they were friends so I wouldn't kind at all. I may very well have to take you up on that in the not TOO distant future, plus I have a few friends I could send your way bro.
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #198
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









My pleasure. And let me tell you, the school is one of the tops in Texas, they always rank in top of state in UIL and all academics. The town is super friendly. If you ever want to go out there and check it out let me know. My parents own the coffee shop in town. I could take 5 minutes and show you everything lol. The school is one of the main reasons I want to go back. My little girl needs a good education. And I liked knowing the name of everyone in my class of 144.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #199
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
My pleasure. And let me tell you, the school is one of the tops in Texas, they always rank in top of state in UIL and all academics. The town is super friendly. If you ever want to go out there and check it out let me know. My parents own the coffee shop in town. I could take 5 minutes and show you everything lol. The school is one of the main reasons I want to go back. My little girl needs a good education. And I liked knowing the name of everyone in my class of 144.
Hey bet that, we both stay in the same area so that wouldn't be too difficult to plan a ride out that way. I'll def let ya know...preciate it...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #200
Crystalline
Can't ride now...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,376

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1











Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlgorman View Post
nice turn this thread has taken...you guys sound like my dad and his friends with the land talk...but hey you are 100% right about land value going up I hear it everyday!!!

props to crystalline for this thread, which has kept me sane and entertained throughout the work day...
Yay! Go me!!
__________________
sunshine
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy