MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2007, 07:21 PM   #21
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Well you guys have given him a pretty good idea of what Supermoto is. I still can't believe how much fun it was watching the races this weekend. I sure hope they bring them back again.

I'm really thinking hard and doing some planning to put my Motard on the track next year. I think I may slightly redefine what fast is (for a motard) on the tracks we have around hear. I have built a motard out of an XR650R that will currently do about 140mph on open road and still has one heck of a lot of low end torque, and I think will be very flickable for the tracks we have. It would not do the doubles that they were doing at the races and would not carry the hairpin turns as well. But we'll have to see how much I can pull together by then. I've still got to find leathers and such and I just bought a new bike in July.
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My SuperMoto..... 225 Super Motards 51 07-20-2012 07:59 PM
To supermoto or not to supermoto? kdog22 General Discussion (Moto Related) 65 02-14-2009 12:01 PM
My Supermoto hotnanas Performance and Modifications 81 11-20-2007 05:45 PM
You think SUPERMOTO is new??? wd40oz Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 5 01-26-2007 01:05 AM
SUPERMOTO C-MONEY Taking it to the Track 14 11-30-2006 01:40 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #22
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

Trackdays: 10+

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
^man, that things gonna be a monster. I was telling Bigcomfy about a 650 that I saw on craigslist several months ago that was tagged and tarded. Wish I woulda had the extra scratch laying around at the time. Like you said, probably would'nt be quite as nimble as the smaller bikes, but you would'nt have to wring the outta the motor to go fast either.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #23
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
^man, that things gonna be a monster. I was telling Bigcomfy about a 650 that I saw on craigslist several months ago that was tagged and tarded. Wish I woulda had the extra scratch laying around at the time. Like you said, probably would'nt be quite as nimble as the smaller bikes, but you would'nt have to wring the outta the motor to go fast either.
Yeah and that's not the half of it. I've done quite a lot of modifying.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:44 AM   #24
hypertrophyy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
have you ever wanted to road race?

have you ever wanted to ride dirt?

have you ever wanted to have your rear wheel kicked out next to you?

have you ever wanted to jump a bike?

have you ever wanted to take a really tight turn (hairpin) carrying a lot of speed?

have you ever wanted to ride on both the road and offroad on the same bike?

if you've answered "No" to any of these, supermoto may not appeal to you.
right on! I had a great time watching the supermoto all weekend. Was there friday, sat, and sunday. My friend bought the KTM being sold in the Motorsports of Houston tent and raced it Sunday.

It looks like so much fun. I come from a dirt background. With road racing, I tend to naturaly mix my dirt style into my riding which in the past has led to some bad habbits.

I can't wait to ride the the bike. Hopefully I will get a shot to ride at the GSS event. Supermoto might fit my riding more than road racing.
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:34 AM   #25
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

we were in the powersports tent for most of the day hanging out with the guys, that KTM was sweet, he sure hated to sell that bad boy. he said he waited 6 years to be able to race the AMA SM series and his only shot was taken from him when he sold it.. poor guy!
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #26
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Yeah if I remember correct the guys name was Wayne. Was a great help for my friend on Sunday. He wanted to to see that bike run bad. My friend didn't let him down and took the bike to a 3rd place finish for intermediate class. Kinda cool for a first time in running supermoto.

Surprised I never saw you Carbon
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #27
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

I don't know about youtube, but I think watching them live is an awesome experience.

Saturday's Pros were breathtaking. In his heat race, Brandon Curry's backing/sliding into the turn and stuffing folks, grabbing positions and ending up 2nd after stalling at the start was just a blast. Whoever cannot get excited about stuff like that, I don't know.

We didn't know where to stand during practise because turn 1 was a blast but so was the turn onto the straights. For the races we stood just behind the start/finish line and wow, what a blast. All were great races!!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 05:19 PM   #28
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

Man I'm really getting bumbed reading how many MH people were there but I never got to meet. I was there all three days and only met a couple of you guys because there was just know way to pick you out.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #29
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
Man I'm really getting bumbed reading how many MH people were there but I never got to meet. I was there all three days and only met a couple of you guys because there was just know way to pick you out.
If you were anywhere near James and Teresa or Helena, you probably met a lot. Helena was busy introducing folks to each other half the day.

By the way, I asked some of the racers what top speeds they are hitting on that short front straight and it seems they get about 80-90 mph.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #30
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertrophyy View Post
Yeah if I remember correct the guys name was Wayne. Was a great help for my friend on Sunday. He wanted to to see that bike run bad. My friend didn't let him down and took the bike to a 3rd place finish for intermediate class. Kinda cool for a first time in running supermoto.

Surprised I never saw you Carbon
we we're holding down the fence on the last turn before the finish line drinking beer. We went all the way to G-town to watch wayne race and he told us he sold the bike when we showed up:/:. I bet we crossed paths ten times and didn't even know it. I saw Chris walking around with his MH shirt on and his 3 foot camera lense. next time i'm gonna wear a name tag so i can meet some new faces
Old 11-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #31
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 560 Supermoto, Ktm 450 supermoto
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto
A whole wharehouse full..

I raced on Sunday. My first race in 19 years. Man it felt good..The track was a lot faster than it was in practice on Friday because the pro's put down some rubber. We needed this for a long time here. I am working closly with Armadillo Supermoto guys trying to locate more locations to hold races. We are putting things together right now. We have races planned for Austin in June. Just like the Aquafestaval road races i raced in the 70's and 80's. Down Riverside drive and through town. Also i have worked out a deal with a local kart track to hold some organized practice session's and races next year. If you are intrested in this program call me and get me your contact info so i can get you on the flyer list. It's happening.
To the guy who's freind bought the kTM at the race. Eric. I have know him and his family since he was 4 years old. I was shocked when he was on the line.. We had a blast and i even made a helmet cam vidio. The link is on Houston motocross.com web site under post Galveston supermoto. But i have to tell you i must have bumped the camera on the pre grid because it shot low. But you can get the feel for it. Just hold your head down. You will see what i mean when you watch it.. Wes SHR Motorsports

Last edited by ktmracer; 11-07-2007 at 10:39 PM.
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement