MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #21
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
ya, trying to avoid unsafe conditions of the tailgating suv when accident occured....
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Legal question Kaitlin Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 7 06-15-2013 01:26 PM
Legal question 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 26 11-04-2011 09:15 PM
Legal Question slyslickdick General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 01-16-2010 04:25 PM
Legal Question DvlRacer Off Topic 8 03-17-2008 11:52 AM
Legal Question. S_M_J82 Off Topic 8 08-22-2007 11:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #22
wlgorman

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'06 CBR600RR

improving grammer may help in court also...

just a thought

defeat
wlgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:13 AM   #23
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

you launched hard to avoid being ended by the suv.he got you anyway.what if you hadnt taken off so fast?you may have been run over.you jumped off to avoid being run down.sounds like the suv was reckless to me.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:38 AM   #24
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

dont drop the soap

jk...best of luck....I think that when someone hits you from behind that blame is typically placed on them. For instance if you are sitting in your car at a intersection and you get rear ended and because of getting hit you run into the car in front of you it is typically your fault even though you got hit. Something about a failure to maintain a safe following distance. Maybe this logic applies to your case, maybe not.
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:46 AM   #25
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
of course to people who dont ride, when the front wheel get off the ground even for 3 or 4 inches, it's still consider a wheelie.
i DO ride and by definition, yes, that is a wheelie.

Quote:
front lifted up maybe 5inches at most. = tank slapper.
so it went from 3-4 to 5, now? bottom line is you wrecked which you admit is your own fault.

and fyi you can get tank slapper without the wheel even leaving the ground. please dont bother making up some bs in court full of exuses to try and save your at the cost of making everyone else on a bike look bad.

johnny law losing his paperwork is the only thing that will save your is my bet. you might get off, you might try plea bargain, but if you dont bargain, and they do find the papers they most likely wont be willing to bargain after that, at least not as much.

if your lucky as you might be able to bargain for like a class c moving violation, and pay a hefty fine and possibly 6 months probation.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #26
Pat

Bike(s):
2006 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
you launched hard to avoid being ended by the suv.he got you anyway.what if you hadnt taken off so fast?you may have been run over.you jumped off to avoid being run down.sounds like the suv was reckless to me.
That sounds like a better and just as truthful story.

Besides, there is something suspicious about the SUV behind you and his wife in the car next to you. Typically people -follow- each other, not race. Sounds like they may be attempting at an insurance scam. That has been known to involve 3-4 cars, though -- box the person in, person in front slams brakes and gets rear-ended by victim. Victim is at fault, failure to control speed. Due to victim being at fault, victim's insurance pays.

This is important. You were not on the bike when it hit the wife's car. Bring that up to your lawyer, that could help limit your liability. I am reasonably sure that if you had control of your bike (were on it), you would have preferred to NOT hit her car.

If they are seeking damages just for their car, then the person at fault is the SUV -- he is the one that hit the bike and knocked it into the car! (that might even be why he is suing - his insurance adjuster could have denied his claim on the car repairs).
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:12 AM   #27
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
600rr

thanks for all the advice. any to those that think im making up excuses, im not. one thing im not really clear is that if i accelerated hard, there should be no reason why the suv was still on my after i went into a tank slapper. we were at a red light and it just had turned green.
its my fault for over accelerating and i ate for it.
but for a suv to be on my from a dead stop is rediculous. and how can they not hit the brake when im wobbling all over my lane.
yamaR6281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:17 AM   #28
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Bike(s):
600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
you might wanna learn spanish, cuz your engrish sucks!

night and morning kick my . sorry guys. any english teacher in here want to give me a few lesson?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #29
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

you failed to control your vehicle and that caused a mult-vehicle accident.

No matter if you intended to pull a wheelie or not, you did and it got you.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #30
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302 View Post
dumass. I'm sure the car hit you from behind and made you go into a tank slapper and wreck, from the trauma of the accident you couldnt recall the situation right away, and the woman driver was trying to cover her husbands attempted manslaughter.

It is apparent that the SUV failed to control there speed.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #31
andre3k
I see dead people...

How is it possible that you had a tank slapper with your front wheel in the air? Your front wheel has to hit something in order to induce the slapper.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:47 AM   #32
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
How is it possible that you had a tank slapper with your front wheel in the air? Your front wheel has to hit something in order to induce the slapper.
Very good point...

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 AM   #33
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Besides, there is something suspicious about the SUV behind you and his wife in the car next to you. Typically people -follow- each other, not race. Sounds like they may be attempting at an insurance scam. That has been known to involve 3-4 cars, though -- box the person in, person in front slams brakes and gets rear-ended by victim. Victim is at fault, failure to control speed. Due to victim being at fault, victim's insurance pays.
Either you're retarded, or those people were psychics. They must have just been following him because they knew eventually he would wreck and then they could do an "insurance scam"

Quote:
That sounds like a better and just as truthful story.
You really aren't insinuating that he lie in court are you??
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:25 PM   #34
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
Front wheel has to come down sometime... :-) I'd have to guess he go the front wheel a bit sideway/off angle before the front came down.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #35
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

the suv knocked the bike into the car.they wont get chit out of you for that.i think you will be fine.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #36
Pat

Bike(s):
2006 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Either you're retarded, or those people were psychics. They must have just been following him because they knew eventually he would wreck and then they could do an "insurance scam"

You really aren't insinuating that he lie in court are you??
Based on the statement that the SUV had been following them, the comment that the SUV driver mentioned to the cops that they had been doing wheelies, and that the SUV driver's wife was not following but riding alongside -- something seems suspicious. I get suspicious of SUV's following me in my car, let alone on my bike. Something big, following you, with someone driving that wants you to get what you deserve (or usually on a cell phone) -- is a recipe for disaster. (That was based on the story that I was given in this thread.)

I am not insinuating that he lie at all. That story did not contradict anything he stated. That story merely restated the facts as they had been given in a way that offers a different viewpoint. I would have added that the SUV had been following.

The point of fact that a few people have gotten is that the SUV DID fail to control speed and did hit the motorcycle from the rear. Rear-ended. In some states, the vehicle that does the rear-ending is deemed automatically at fault -- failure to control speed.

While he failed to maintain control of the motorcycle, the SUV driver likewise failed to maintain control of speed. If the SUV had been maintaining a proper following distance to allow for sudden stops, then the SUV probably would not have hit the motorcycle (or could have swerved onto a shoulder -- or it being an SUV, into grass!). Hint, that's why they teach the "2-second" (4-second, 12-second) rules of following.

Sure, he might have popped a wheelie or might have started off with a jump. Sure he might have gotten a tank-slapper and lost control.

However, he was NOT driving the SUV that hit his motorcycle from behind. I'm reasonably certain he did not want to have his motorcycle hit the car that it was pushed in to.

Yet, he is being jumped on. "you did a wheelie, you're getting what you deserve!"

What if he hadn't done the quick start, wheelie, or tank slapper? What if he had? What does that matter? Alone, from a stopped-start, all that should have done is lay the bike down, thrown him off, and hurt.

The SUV hit his motorcycle, slammed the motorcycle into a car, and is now sueing over it.

I'm sorry if folks want to place all of the fault on to him (and how he was riding) instead of sharing it with the SUV driver (and how he was driving).

It takes 2 vehicles for a collision!
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:29 PM   #37
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Bike(s):
600rr

my lawyer is working hard to get all the evidence together. the front wheel lifted off just a bit and caught me off guard so i let off the throttle to bring it down. the front wheel came down at an angel. in which, caused the tank slapper.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #38
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
the suv knocked the bike into the car.they wont get chit out of you for that.i think you will be fine.
Hypothetically, I'm sitting at a traffic light second in line. You slam into the rear of me because you didn't see the red light, and PUSH me into the car infront of me. Is it my fault I hit the car infront? I really don't think so...
Old 11-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #39
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Based on the statement that the SUV had been following them, the comment that the SUV driver mentioned to the cops that they had been doing wheelies, and that the SUV driver's wife was not following but riding alongside -- something seems suspicious. I get suspicious of SUV's following me in my car, let alone on my bike. Something big, following you, with someone driving that wants you to get what you deserve (or usually on a cell phone) -- is a recipe for disaster. (That was based on the story that I was given in this thread.)
Do you wear a tinfoil hat too?

Quote:
I am not insinuating that he lie at all. That story did not contradict anything he stated. That story merely restated the facts as they had been given in a way that offers a different viewpoint. I would have added that the SUV had been following.
Sure you are, just because it doesn't go against what he's said, doesn't mean it's the truth.

Quote:
The point of fact that a few people have gotten is that the SUV DID fail to control speed and did hit the motorcycle from the rear. Rear-ended. In some states, the vehicle that does the rear-ending is deemed automatically at fault -- failure to control speed.

While he failed to maintain control of the motorcycle, the SUV driver likewise failed to maintain control of speed. If the SUV had been maintaining a proper following distance to allow for sudden stops, then the SUV probably would not have hit the motorcycle (or could have swerved onto a shoulder -- or it being an SUV, into grass!). Hint, that's why they teach the "2-second" (4-second, 12-second) rules of following.

Sure, he might have popped a wheelie or might have started off with a jump. Sure he might have gotten a tank-slapper and lost control.

However, he was NOT driving the SUV that hit his motorcycle from behind. I'm reasonably certain he did not want to have his motorcycle hit the car that it was pushed in to.

Yet, he is being jumped on. "you did a wheelie, you're getting what you deserve!"

What if he hadn't done the quick start, wheelie, or tank slapper? What if he had? What does that matter? Alone, from a stopped-start, all that should have done is lay the bike down, thrown him off, and hurt.

The SUV hit his motorcycle, slammed the motorcycle into a car, and is now sueing over it.

I'm sorry if folks want to place all of the fault on to him (and how he was riding) instead of sharing it with the SUV driver (and how he was driving).

It takes 2 vehicles for a collision!
I'm guessing this was just a general statement and not directed towards me. To this point I have not defended any of the actions of the SUV driver.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:06 PM   #40
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement