MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2007, 11:43 PM   #1
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
600rr

legal question

i dont know if this is the right place but here it go.

last year i was involve in an accident on my motorcycle. i accelerate too quickly in first gear. front wheel lifted up a bit and i went into a tank slapper. obviously i crashed. it just happen that a suv was tail gating me on my , so when i got thrown off the bike, the suv hit my bike and bounce it off his wife car. (which was right next to me). i mean i did a tank slapper for atleast 3 or 4 secs before i got thrown off the bike. they could've atleast hit the brake. but anywho, they said i did a wheelie and crashed. cop wrote i down as a wreckless driving. i didnt get a ticket or anything. it was just put in the system as wreckless driving. as months goes by, no letter or anything, so i thought i didnt have to go to court. two weeks ago, i got pulled over in my car, because cop wanted to check my tag, and etc. come out, i had a warrant issued for my arrest for wreckless driving. i sat in jail for 3 days thinking ima just sit this out. they wont let me do time serve until they get the offense report in. i got tire so i got bailed out. went to court 3 times already and they still dont or cant cant find the offense report. they guy and his wife, which was involve in the accident want me to be in jail and pay for their resitution. worst part is that they're trying to charge me with a misd. class A. WTF...

my question is that since they cant find the offense report or i think it is lost, or it was never file, what can be done? i have witnesses that i was riding with that can prove that i just over accelerate instead of doing said wheelie. of course to people who dont ride, when the front wheel get off the ground even for 3 or 4 inches, it's still consider a wheelie.

sorry so long, but im just fustrated.

cliff note:
over acclerated in 1st gear
front lifted up maybe 5inches at most. = tank slapper.
wobble for 3 or 4 seconds before being thrown off the bike.
tailgatted suv didnt bother hitting the brake and hit my bike instead.
bounced off and his wife car to my right.
bike = total.
police didnt bother questioning the people i was with.
car people said i did a wheelie and cause the accident.
no ticket or anyting,
arrested for warrant of wreckless driving
no offense report can be found.
dont wanna go back to jail. jail suck. food suck. gettin naked everymorning in front of 30 other guys = not cool.
lost job because its a misd class A.
s2000 front bumper also got ****ed up while being towed..
yamaR6281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Legal question Kaitlin Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 7 06-15-2013 01:26 PM
Legal question 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 26 11-04-2011 09:15 PM
Legal Question slyslickdick General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 01-16-2010 04:25 PM
Legal Question DvlRacer Off Topic 8 03-17-2008 11:52 AM
Legal Question. S_M_J82 Off Topic 8 08-22-2007 11:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2007, 11:46 PM   #2
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
get a lawyer... with something that happened this far back, and lack of information, its going to be a he said she said, so get a lawyer and fight it.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Bike(s):
600rr

already got a lawyer. he reset it til the 20th of this month.

weird part was, this happened in november of last year. warrant was issued in feb. i went to dps and got a new license problem free. pulled over by other cops and also a state trooper. nothing came up, until now.

Last edited by yamaR6281; 11-05-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaR6281 View Post
already got a lawyer. he reset it til the 20th of this month.
well what did he said would prob happen? lol
Old 11-05-2007, 11:57 PM   #5
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Bike(s):
600rr

he gonna search and see if they have the offense report and accident report. but somewhere in there, the police say that a 18wheeler ran over my bike. WOW.. i just dont know what to say. how can that happen when that was way back there. that redneck is the main one that went straight to the cop and said "yeah that dumb did a wheelie and got what he deserve. they all been doing wheelie all over the freeway" na, i was cruising behind all the other riders. one or two of them in front did pulled a couple of wheelie when no one was even around.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:03 AM   #6
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

I bet you crashed while you where doing a whoolie....Good luck with it all Get a good lawyer and give him your story then when you need legal advice ask him, that's why you're paying him.
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:12 AM   #7
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Bike(s):
600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
I bet you crashed while you where doing a whoolie....Good luck with it all Get a good lawyer and give him your story then when you need legal advice ask him, that's why you're paying him.
if i did do a wheelie, i would have just admit it and man up to what i cause instead of asking. i did crash before while doing awheelie, and it was the last time i tried. this time i admit i over accelerate a lil, not trying to do a wheelie though. the reason im asking is to see if anyone has this happen to them, where they were charge with something, but didnt have alot of paper work on file. i just wanna ease my mind a lil because it's all i been thinkin bout.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #8
Vandals
Scooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

your best bet it to run to mexico and grow a beard
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #9
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned

Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.

Send a message via AIM to dirtyrice411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandals View Post
your best bet it to run to mexico and grow a beard
+1

if johny law/prego woman + comes after you = MEXICO maybe further pending on offence and/or prego womans family.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:30 AM   #10
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Bike(s):
600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyrice411 View Post
+1

if johny law/prego woman + comes after you = MEXICO maybe further pending on offence and/or prego womans family.
hahah would love too, but one problem. i cant speak spanish even if my life depend on it.

lawyer say dont worry bout it until we get all detail in, but man it stuck in my head. even though it's not as bad as getting caught with drugs or shooting people. im get paranoid easily.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:39 AM   #11
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Even if they did try and make you pay and the jury ruled against you, wouldn't your insurance have to pay it?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:39 AM   #12
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned

Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.

Quote:
hahah would love too, but one problem. i cant speak spanish even if my life depend on it.

lawyer say dont worry bout it until we get all detail in, but man it stuck in my head. even though it's not as bad as getting caught with drugs or shooting people. im get paranoid easily.

lesson one :
donde esta mota : where is pot?
donde estas el bano: where is the restrooms?
uno cervesa por favor: one beer please.

^^ I can't spell and im lazy and don't want to google it so any spanish speakers please rewrite correctly so people don't flame. but you get the drift.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:42 AM   #13
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned

Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.

Quote:
Even if they did try and make you pay and the jury ruled against you, wouldn't your insurance have to pay it?
+1

did you have full coverage?

and if you have 2 of a lawyer he should be able to get you off specially since there is lack of paper work/ mis documented paperwork. I wouldn't worry too much.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:56 AM   #14
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFR101 View Post
Now, you should be demanding this information from your lawyer. It is what you are paying him for. A lot of it depends on what information comes forth, but he can advise you about the potential avenues that are available depending on what is discovered.
+1

Whether or not you had full coverage does not matter. If you had the state minimum required liability insurance(you DO have insurance, right?) then you are fine as far as money goes. The family cannot sue you for damage to their vehicle. If for whatever reason your insurance refuses to pay and your company says it was his fault and his says it was yours, then it is their insurance company vs. yours. The insurance companies are the ones who go to court, you never even have to show up. I don't see how the family could be suing you for anything? Now if you had a ticket and didn't pay/show up to court, that's a whole 'nother stoy.

~Keith
Old 11-06-2007, 01:08 AM   #15
andre3k
I see dead people...

Your accident was caused by failure to control speed. You need to contact the agency that did the report and find out the case number or accident report number. If they cant find it then you can possible contact DPS Records Bureau in Austin since thats where all crash reports are forwarded to anyway. What agency did the report or was supposed to do it? What agency was the warrant out of?
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:11 AM   #16
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
+1

I don't see how the family could be suing you for anything?

~Keith
Anybody can sue you for anything. Whether they will actually get anything as result of that suit is another story.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:32 AM   #17
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
wow...you're ****ed. get a REALLY good lawyer. REALLY GOOD. but even if you win you're ****ed. it's either you pay them thousands of dollars, or you pay the lawyer thousands of dollars. good luck with all that. i hope this makes you rethink your riding habits, and the people you surround yourself with.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:39 AM   #18
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

dumass. I'm sure the car hit you from behind and made you go into a tank slapper and wreck, from the trauma of the accident you couldnt recall the situation right away, and the woman driver was trying to cover her husbands attempted manslaughter.

Last edited by josh302; 11-06-2007 at 01:41 AM.
josh302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:42 AM   #19
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302 View Post
dumass. I'm sure the car hit you from behind and made you go into a tank slapper and wreck, from the trauma of the accident you couldnt recall the situation right away, and the woman driver was trying to cover her husbands attempted manslaughter.
lol, as retarded and wrong as that is, that's probably his best defense in this case.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:33 AM   #20
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:

you might wanna learn spanish, cuz your engrish sucks!

Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement