Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #41
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
My step-mom died from blood loss and was brought back. She is not a believer in , and said there was nothing when she died. No light, no tunnels no anything. She just went blank. Maybe there was nothing, because she doesn't believe in anything? All I know is she was blessed with a second chance.
I believe you see things that have been forced onto you or things you have forced yourself to belive. These things comeing from your subconcious.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trolls religious student SpeedCheeser Off Topic 26 01-19-2012 12:49 AM
I am all for religious tolerance but... eltejano Off Topic 4 02-27-2011 10:17 AM
religious flowchart for GB RACER X The Circus 5 12-15-2009 06:37 PM
Why not teach religious diversity in schools? hotcknstrips Off Topic 91 08-05-2008 03:40 PM
Religious Sacrifice? BoostJunkie Off Topic 12 05-02-2006 07:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2007, 03:40 PM   #42
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
My step-mom died from blood loss and was brought back. She is not a believer in , and said there was nothing when she died. No light, no tunnels no anything. She just went blank. Maybe there was nothing, because she doesn't believe in anything? All I know is she was blessed with a second chance.
I belive in but still dont think theres anything after my life passes. From dust you were to dust you will return(pardon if the quote is off)....

Then again i havent had a near death experiance......

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #43
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
I believe you see things that have been forced onto you or things you have forced yourself to belive. These things comeing from your subconcious.

ummmmmmm no... mine were real.. i even got a brochure while i was there and made a reservation... j/k man. about the brochure..

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:43 PM   #44
Gixxer Geezer

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
I belive in but still dont think theres anything after my life passes. From dust you were to dust you will return(pardon if the quote is off)....

Then again i havent had a near death experiance......

just believe it man.. dont hurt nuttin to believe.. dont cost nuttin either.. hey man i want to save ya a seat there.. for real

Old 11-07-2007, 03:43 PM   #45
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
That is awesome to hear. And NO I am not trying to start an argument, but would "blessed" be a proper word to use for an athiest (assuming because she is a non-believer). REALLY! I'm not trying to start anything.
How dare you? How could you? I mean? LOL j/k Yes blessed is the proper word. Being a Christian myself, she was granted a second chance on this earth to help keep my dad happy and alive longer. Also she is a good person and I would be upset to see her go. So blessed is the right word, I just hope with her second chance, somewhere down the road she does with her second chance what she should have done all along in my opinion.

I think life is a blessing, not to mention if as a Christian I am right about where she would be going, blessed is a perfect term for her SECOND chance.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:45 PM   #46
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
So if you are dead, which means absolutley no brain function what so ever, how could your subconcious work? There would obviously have to be some other life in you like your spirit maybe, to keep seeing, hearing, or smelling something when your brain stops functioning. Think about it.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #47
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
How dare you? How could you? I mean? LOL j/k Yes blessed is the proper word. Being a Christian myself, she was granted a second chance on this earth to help keep my dad happy and alive longer. Also she is a good person and I would be upset to see her go. So blessed is the right word, I just hope with her second chance, somewhere down the road she does with her second chance what she should have done all along in my opinion.

I think life is a blessing, not to mention if as a Christian I am right about where she would be going, blessed is a perfect term for her SECOND chance.
I know in our terms we would consider it a blessing because I believe it is. But would she?
Old 11-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #48
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
I know in our terms we would consider it a blessing because I believe it is. But would she?
She calls it that, but not in the same term you and I would. Hers is figuratively speaking while for me it is spiritual.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #49
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Quote:
So if you are dead, which means absolutley no brain function what so ever, how could your subconcious work? There would obviously have to be some other life in you like your spirit maybe, to keep seeing, hearing, or smelling something when your brain stops functioning. Think about it.
doesnt the brain work on electrical signals? If so couldnt it be possible to have minor brain functions even though your body is lifeless??? i dunno

Quote:
Old 11-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #50
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
doesnt the brain work on electrical signals? If so couldnt it be possible to have minor brain functions even though your body is lifeless??? i dunno
Clinical death is the popular term for cessation of blood circulation and breathing.[1] It occurs when the heart stops beating in a regular rhythm, a condition called cardiac arrest. The term is also sometimes used in resuscitation research.

Stopped blood circulation has historically been difficult to reverse. The absence of blood circulation and vital functions related to blood circulation was considered to be the definition of death. In the middle of the 20th century it became possible to often reverse cardiac arrest through cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), defibrillation, epinephrine injection, and other treatments to restore normal heartbeat and circulation. Instead of death, cardiac arrest came to be called "clinical death", meaning the clinical appearance of death. Clinical death is now seen as a medical condition that precedes death rather than actually being dead.

At the onset of clinical death, consciousness is lost within several seconds. Measurable brain activity stops within 20 to 40 seconds.[2] Irregular gasping may occur during this early time period, and is sometimes mistaken by rescuers as a sign that CPR is not necessary.[3] During clinical death, all tissues and organs in the body steadily accumulate a type of injury called ischemic injury.

It says measurable, so who knows if that means completely dead, or if there is still some life we aren't capable of measuring.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:57 PM   #51
Gixxer Geezer

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold

Quote:
i think all the fuses are blown at time of death.. i know i felt my last heart beat and knew when i drew my last breath.. it was so weird..

Old 11-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #52
Gixxer Geezer

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold

Quote:
Clinical death is the popular term for cessation of blood circulation and breathing.[1] It occurs when the heart stops beating in a regular rhythm, a condition called cardiac arrest. The term is also sometimes used in resuscitation research.

Stopped blood circulation has historically been difficult to reverse. The absence of blood circulation and vital functions related to blood circulation was considered to be the definition of death. In the middle of the 20th century it became possible to often reverse cardiac arrest through cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), defibrillation, epinephrine injection, and other treatments to restore normal heartbeat and circulation. Instead of death, cardiac arrest came to be called "clinical death", meaning the clinical appearance of death. Clinical death is now seen as a medical condition that precedes death rather than actually being dead.

At the onset of clinical death, consciousness is lost within several seconds. Measurable brain activity stops within 20 to 40 seconds.[2] Irregular gasping may occur during this early time period, and is sometimes mistaken by rescuers as a sign that CPR is not necessary.[3] During clinical death, all tissues and organs in the body steadily accumulate a type of injury called ischemic injury.

It says measurable, so who knows if that means completely dead, or if there is still some life we aren't capable of measuring.
also when all your body functions let go.. i think thats pretty much the end of the road... wasnt a pretty site... noooooo

Old 11-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #53
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer View Post
also when all your body functions let go.. i think thats pretty much the end of the road... wasnt a pretty site... noooooo
Did you ?

JK!! I so don't want to know.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #54
Gixxer Geezer

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold

Quote:
Did you ?

JK!! I so don't want to know.

and peepee too... and it will happen to you also when your time comes..

Old 11-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #55
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
poo poo and pee pee???
Old 11-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #56
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
That explains the smell then.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #57
Gixxer Geezer

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold

Quote:
poo poo and pee pee???
oh yeah.... and yet i am still here to tell all of you about it..

Old 11-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #58
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Quote:

coo i was looking but i couldnt find anything postable

Quote:
Old 11-07-2007, 04:04 PM   #59
Gixxer Geezer

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold

Quote:
That explains the smell then.
wrong smell dude.. it was from the angels..

Old 11-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #60
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
ummmmmmm no... mine were real.. i even got a brochure while i was there and made a reservation... j/k man. about the brochure..
I understand how real it appears to be but, everything I am doing right now appears to be very real as well and we both have agreed that science and religion lack in explaining everything going on in our lives.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement