MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 06:31 AM   #21
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

i went to check out the new apes, and to let my wife try on some gear...

the guy working in the gear dept. was covered in road rash from laying his bike down on the access road after doing a wheelie... doesn't seem like the best guy to ask for advice on leathers.
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
stay tuned for my FIRST PERSONAL experience with Motorcycles Unlimited TREE Motorcycles Unlimited 15 09-24-2010 11:12 PM
Protecting Your Most Personal Of Personal Computers gsxrjai Off Topic 0 06-12-2010 01:27 PM
eximport july 7th lbjasonc Events, Meets and Rides 17 07-07-2007 04:46 PM
I am going to ****ing murder someone at Eximport. civicious General Discussion (Moto Related) 80 01-04-2007 10:48 PM
Eximport Cycles psykohaulic General Discussion (Moto Related) 125 06-05-2006 03:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2007, 06:44 AM   #22
slowposer
pose slower

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
bikeless :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
i found a bag in the parking lot behind one of the ducati trailers they had in the lot one time. . .some nice fresh nugs inside. that's about as good as it gets from eximport
bahahahaha!!!...i bet that made your day.

eximports blows...if i go to cycle gear i wont even stop by eximports.

Last edited by slowposer; 11-02-2007 at 06:47 AM.
slowposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:55 AM   #23
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i bought my first busa at eximport, i didn't know their rep at the time, but i had no problems and got a decent deal. $9300 for an 06 busa with 600 miles. not a killer deal but a fair one i think. if you know the background on the kind of bike you want and have financing straight before you go there, it wouldn't be too bad. but beware they may not budge on the price... but they might if you do your homework
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #24
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

It all just like a game of cards if you think its to much to play, then you just simply fold.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:37 AM   #25
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

my buddy took his r1 in there for a tire change three weeks ago. the mechanic took the bike for a spin after it was done and laid my boys bike down. he still has yet to pick up his bike after the repairs they promised. eximport blows
lbjasonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:37 AM   #26
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

They are mostly a Ducati dealership and the price in the Ducs is the standard MSRP, from there you can negotiate, most of the people there Fabian, Carlos (the owners are from Argentina) are very nice and helpful and if you remember from the old location to the new one seems like their business is doing very good.
If you get screwed for a high price in a used motorcycle is your fault...!!! Nobody is putting a gun in your head to buy a bike. Before buying you need to do your research, have financing and good credit background. If lack of credit, just save money or be aware of the high APR they are going to give you if your credit is not good.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #27
wever411
Gunt Puncher

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 3 years

$8.5K seems to be their magical number for any used 600cc bike they have.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:49 AM   #28
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wever411 View Post
$8.5K seems to be their magical number for any used 600cc bike they have.
i bought a new 1theezy last year and at the same time two of my boys bought three year old used 600's from them. i paid less.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:50 AM   #29
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post
They are mostly a Ducati dealership and the price in the Ducs is the standard MSRP, from there you can negotiate, most of the people there Fabian, Carlos (the owners are from Argentina) are very nice and helpful and if you remember from the old location to the new one seems like their business is doing very good.
If you get screwed for a high price in a used motorcycle is your fault...!!! Nobody is putting a gun in your head to buy a bike. Before buying you need to do your research, have financing and good credit background. If lack of credit, just save money or be aware of the high APR they are going to give you if your credit is not good.
exactly!!!! they don't rape you and put it in your with no lube, you ask them to do so when you haven't done the reaserch beforehand and are not willing to walk if they don't meet the price you want to pay.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:56 AM   #30
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CubanGIXXER Send a message via Yahoo to CubanGIXXER
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjasonc View Post
my buddy took his r1 in there for a tire change three weeks ago. the mechanic took the bike for a spin after it was done and laid my boys bike down. he still has yet to pick up his bike after the repairs they promised. eximport blows
, they still havent finished fixing Will's bike?! thats fckd up! But yeah, the idiot was bringing his bike to the front from the shop and laid it down in the parking lot ... $4k worth of damage!!!!
CubanGIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:59 AM   #31
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

Quote:
Well, atleast they are being responsible enough to try to fix their mistakes. I know of some shops that would have blamed it on your buddy's bike and said screw you and I tought it was that they were bring the bike out, now its that they went out for a spin. Here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGIXXER View Post
its funny you ask about eximports ... a buddy of mine has a 2k7 R1, he took it there monday to get his rear tire replaced. well, as they were bringing his bike up from the back, they serv tech that was riding it hit a wet spot on the ground and high-sided it and laid it the f**k down ... $4000 worth of damage! = front, side & rear fairings, clutch lever, turning signal assy., tail light and i forgot what its called (the part on the motor / gear box that sticks out) ... dude, he was PISSSSSSED!
AT FIRST HE THOUGHT HE WAS BEING PUNK'D!

so needless to say ... they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed! ... I wouldn't go there
Old 11-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #32
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

spell check ^
Old 11-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #33
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGIXXER
its funny you ask about eximports ... a buddy of mine has a 2k7 R1, he took it there monday to get his rear tire replaced. well, as they were bringing his bike up from the back, they serv tech that was riding it hit a wet spot on the ground and high-sided it and laid it the f**k down ... $4000 worth of damage! = front, side & rear fairings, clutch lever, turning signal assy., tail light and i forgot what its called (the part on the motor / gear box that sticks out) ... dude, he was PISSSSSSED!
AT FIRST HE THOUGHT HE WAS BEING PUNK'D!

so needless to say ... they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed! ... I wouldn't go there
...!!! How that was possible..?? At what speed was he riding the bike from the back for going into a high-side.?? That's pretty fubar.

If I were a technician in a bike shop I will be extra carefull with the customers bikes. That's why I try to do all the work in my bike myself, If I can not do it, Motorcycles Unlimited or Metric will be the only ones allow to touch my bike. I do not think Eximports is a good repair shop for bikes. Period.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #34
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

agreed ^ and he took it for a spin around the freeway. that's the fact of the story
Old 11-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #35
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post
...!!! How that was possible..?? At what speed was he riding the bike from the back for going into a high-side.?? That's pretty fubar.

If I were a technician in a bike shop I will be extra carefull with the customers bikes. That's why I try to do all the work in my bike myself, If I can not do it, Motorcycles Unlimited or Metric will be the only ones allow to touch my bike. I do not think Eximports is a good repair shop for bikes. Period.
exactly! he said he hit some water or something! ... he is a DeeDeeDee that doesnt have no business working at a bike shop!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #36
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
agreed ^ and he took it for a spin around the freeway. that's the fact of the story
really?!?!? ... i never knew that! Will told me that he was just driving it up from the back.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:29 AM   #37
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGIXXER View Post
exactly! he said he hit some water or something! ... he is a DeeDeeDee that doesnt have no business working at a bike shop!
actually w/ a 1K and the coating they put on new tires, it's VERY easy to spin up the rear and hi-side.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #38
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Carlos is extremely nice. He can satisfy any well off client who want a full service Ducati experience, regardless of price. His business model for everything else is at the expense of the uninitiated. Store is awesome for window shopping, otherwise buyer beware.

You have to remember the old Latin American phrase about doing business:

" If you don't know who you're f*cking, then you're the one getting f*cked "

And the capitalist phrase:

" A fool and his money are soon departed "
Old 11-02-2007, 10:36 AM   #39
Drumboy

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

I've gotten new tires there ($280 I think installed for metzelers on my R6 2 years ago), a stator cover installed ($35 and I took the plastic off) and sold my 02 R6 to them last July for a decent price. I'm sure they sold it for $6,000 at least with the pimp polished frame & swingarm.

That being said, they're salesman are ridiculous but I still like to go there to sit on the new ducs, especially the hypermotard.
Drumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:39 AM   #40
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

while quoting:

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise."
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement