MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007, 03:23 PM   #21
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
My Bike:2006 zx-6r (636)

What I like about riding: I enjoy getting out and feeling free. It is just something about the wind rushing around your body and being able to see everything without obsitcals in my view. That to me is one of many reasons why I enjoy riding. Of course, another big thrill I get out of riding, is the sound and rush I get from pulling on that throttle. Just something about hearing the motor rev up and your body slide back a bit, really gets my blood flowing.

How long have I been riding: I rode dirtbikes when I was little for 3-4 years, then bought a car and forgot about dirtbikes. Then got back into riding with my 636, and it has been a little over a year since I picked her up. Enjoying every min of it as well.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
School Project ketta Off Topic 24 02-22-2008 05:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #22
NR7

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 cbr 600rr

Send a message via Yahoo to NR7
Why do you ride? Why do you still do it… aren't you afraid? I've heard these questions time and time again in the last 14 yrs. Outsiders looking in and questioning something they don't really understand. And frankly its not something I can make them understand, I wont be able to change their minds, their perceptions of what it is I do and why. Its like explaining love to someone that doesn't believe or has never experienced it first hand, why do you do these crazy things, what for, is it really worth it… yes, yes it is.

For those that know me, know that my personality doesn't allow room for fear. I know I ride like I have nothing to loose, but that's because realistically I really don't. I'm not afraid of death and at times I do wonder what it would be like embrace and welcome it. But those thoughts soon fade away with every turn and every mile. I don't ride to scare myself into living, I ride because at this time it's the only thing I am in control of in my life. And yes I know, if I were to die I would leave many people behind that would be crushed and upset by it, yet my selfish ways wont let me back down. It's the only thing that makes me happy, puts a smile on my face and makes me feel like I am alive, like I used to feel.

Accidents seem to effect people in different ways, some get upset, others get angry, most try and rationalize and over evaluate what happened. Me, I'm numb to them all now. I've seen so many accidents, so many broken bones, blood and even death that it doesn't even effect me anymore. I accept the inherent dangerous of our sport and I don't let those fears creep into me for a second. I know it sounds cold and heartless, but really, its just a realistic outlook on the situation. My friends will crash, my friends will get hurt, some worse than others, some might die one day and at any given second one of them could be saying the same thing about me. But we've all chosen to roll the dice and live life this way, we wont tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at deaths front door.

So why do I do it… because realistically its my only escape from reality, its my chance to have absolute control over my life for that short time. When I'm on the bike, I'm blind to the world, I'm deaf to the bullshit around me, my mind set is blank, I tend to forget about the pains, the troubles the insecurities and problems in my life because for that one moment in time while I'm out riding, I'm truly happy. In a world of my own, where I cant get hurt but probably will, in a world that's beautiful but temporary, where I don't need a crutch to lean on or a shoulder to cry on….. until I get off.

AND ALSO I THINK IT IS MY MEDICATION AND MY RELAXATION. THIS IS WHY I LIKE RIDING..........
Sorry if it is too long to read.....
Old 11-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #23
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
06 GSXR 600
FREEDOM
SINCE 10/06
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #24
BrokebackCowboy
RAT FIGHTER

dude thank you guys so much and keep them coming plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz about 10 more and ill be done yay

I know CerealKiller who knows Cogs69 who knows Squoddybody who knows Whorenet who knows McKee who knows Sugz who knows Meaner who knows Mala who knows Cody who knows Hardcoresteeevveee!
BrokebackCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #25
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
So, you are asking us to give you our thoughts and ideas about riding for you to write a research paper and claim it as a 100% legitimate work written by solely you?
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #26
rc51jenn

Bike(s):
rc51 & gsxr 750

Send a message via Yahoo to rc51jenn
05 RC51, 91 GSXR 750

The rc because it is an RC - its a precision instrument when ridden correctly
The gsxr - because I like to get back on the 'horse's cousin' that killed me

Been riding 20+ years - street and track
Good luck on your speech.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:24 PM   #27
BrokebackCowboy
RAT FIGHTER

haha thnx pretty much down my speech is on the world of riding around the houston area the passion the drive and the great people so im using every person as a account of riding in houston

I know CerealKiller who knows Cogs69 who knows Squoddybody who knows Whorenet who knows McKee who knows Sugz who knows Meaner who knows Mala who knows Cody who knows Hardcoresteeevveee!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:29 PM   #28
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

06 gsxr 600

been riding about a year now. i bought it to pick up chicks. doesnt seem to be working.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:30 PM   #29
HoustonGixxer

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

04 GSXR 600

simple.....the need for speed
lol jk just the thrill of the ride

5 months
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:31 PM   #30
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcowboy View Post
PLZZZ HELP I NEED TO GET THIS DONE SO MY DAD LETS ME GO TO RALLY [/SIZE][/FONT]

If you use bold caps you will fail.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #31
BrokebackCowboy
RAT FIGHTER

BAHAHAHAHA THANX FOR THE INFO LOL

Advertisement