MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #101
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy"zx6 View Post
im calm is just feels like is me against the lstd mafia
Jimmy, come on. You're the only one turning this in to a "us vs them". I don't care who rides where, and each track is unique.

I've logged plenty of time at MSRH since it first opened, years of time at OHR, MSRCresson, and TWS (Texas World Speedway), as well as Hallett- I have my opinions as anyone else does about their favorite track. You can place your own stamp on what you think the "most technical" track is, who cares? It's an opinion, everyone has one.

Just like I did when the Pearland track opened, I'll reserve my opinion for when I turn some laps at GSS. I don't know what kind of track it's going to be until my personal wheels hit the pavement there. My suspicion is that it will be tight, and flat, just like the Pearland track is, but a good place for local noobies to get some great time and introduction to the track scene- as well as experienced racers getting some great local time to hone their skills.

Worried about losing business to MSRH? LSTD has been around for a long time, and my suspicion is that LSTD will be around for a long time to come. As I have a history of saying every time the "LSTD vs Ride Smart" debate comes up, we are lucky to have so many options as far as track riding goes! I think it's fortunate for all involved with the sport that there are choices, and now, riding almost year-round! When I first started racing in the late '80's, we didn't have this luxury then. We could travel to California and attend a riding school (or some other distant places), or ride OHR (which was a good thing, but the only "local" one). Now, we have 2 local small tracks in our area, TWS (Texas World Speedway), Cresson (my personal favorite, especially in the full configuration), Hallett, NPR (which I'll not go back to again, but it's still w/in 12 hours of here), and two big trackday orgs (LSTD and Ride Smart) with another one possibly coming, and a local trackday org that puts on local days at their track.

We have it good.

Let's move on from the "us vs them" thing, it's pretty old and played out.