MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2007, 08:43 AM   #261
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius View Post
^^^^^^^^

Maybe I was just typing with an accent =)

All blue lodges have Holy Bibles in them though, I promise.

I have never been in one that didn't...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biker Church tonyt915 Off Topic 13 01-27-2010 09:15 PM
Killed in Church lanzer913 Off Topic 44 06-02-2009 05:03 PM
Do You Go To Church? Kodak Off Topic 103 01-12-2009 06:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #262
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Acts 17:24
"The who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands."

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:11 AM   #263
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Acts 17:24
"The who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephesians 5:25-27

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
It all comes down to the context of the scripture. Your quote is the first half of a thought whose meaning is lost without the other half.

Think of people you know who are married. Lets break them down into two quick types, faithful and unfaithful. Now, both are technically married, but, who has the better relationship, the faithful one or the unfaithful one?

Some people believe in line-of-sight marriage, ever heard the saying "my wife is married but I'm not"? Sounds funny till you find out they are serious. "what happens in vegas stays in vegas" theres another one. While the man is with his wife he is her husband but as soon as she's out of that line-of-sight he's doing whoever feels good to him at that time.

The first quote that Moody was so kind to point out refers exactly to that, how many people do you know that are religious on sunday? They live in sin all week long, using the Lords name in vain, not even praying over their food, much less having time to pray to for anything else except when disaster strikes, dripping with pride but yet on sunday morning there they are, while they are on church grounds they stop cursing, while they are on church grounds they pray, while they are on church grounds they actually open their bible. If I'm not mistaken these are the hypocritical christians that I hear a lot of you say keep you out of church, because of their hypocracy.

does not live in the church, he is with you EVERYWHERE you go. He's not like your momma who waves bye to you from the porch of the church, "So long, be careful, see you next week." No, He's in the seat next to you, as your spouse, going with you wherever you go. There is no place that you can hide from , and no thing that you can do that will not be found out eventually.

The second quote tells men they are to love their wives as loved the church. How much did he love the church? He layed down his life for it, he gave everything he had to it, he was faithful to it and everywhere he went he spoke of it.

How can you be married if you do not ever see your wife? Technically yes you can, you can say "I love you woman!" You can stick a ring on your finger, you can walk her down the isle in front of the whole world and you can put her in a home some place, and never come back to see her or talk to her except for holidays and when you run out of places to go.

Thats how a lot of you treat when you say I do not need to go to church. You say " I love you!" you stick christian rings, or crosses on you proclaiming that you are his, you confessed him as your savior but then.. you just... you just left him waiting there for you. You dont have to live with a woman to be married to her, you dont have to go to church to be a christian but.. when you do not do these things aren't you missing out on the best parts of being either one? You are.
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!

Last edited by Ramius; 11-06-2007 at 12:13 AM.
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:33 AM   #264
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
Notice i spell with a lowercase g? isn't the christian with a capital G? i'm not knocking anyone or their religion, just stating my opinion based on my theological studies.

Biblically refers to the heavanly , who created everything, and refers to the earthly , which would be satan cast down from heavan.

Truth of the matter is, earth belongs to satan right now, made it, but satan stole it.

Thats why Christians are told to be "In this world but not of this world".
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:49 AM   #265
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Send a message via MSN to TxBritt08R1
Quote:
It all comes down to the context of the scripture. Your quote is the first half of a thought whose meaning is lost without the other half.

Think of people you know who are married. Lets break them down into two quick types, faithful and unfaithful. Now, both are technically married, but, who has the better relationship, the faithful one or the unfaithful one?

Some people believe in line-of-sight marriage, ever heard the saying "my wife is married but I'm not"? Sounds funny till you find out they are serious. "what happens in vegas stays in vegas" theres another one. While the man is with his wife he is her husband but as soon as she's out of that line-of-sight he's doing whoever feels good to him at that time.

The first quote that Moody was so kind to point out refers exactly to that, how many people do you know that are religious on sunday? They live in sin all week long, using the Lords name in vain, not even praying over their food, much less having time to pray to for anything else except when disaster strikes, dripping with pride but yet on sunday morning there they are, while they are on church grounds they stop cursing, while they are on church grounds they pray, while they are on church grounds they actually open their bible. If I'm not mistaken these are the hypocritical christians that I hear a lot of you say keep you out of church, because of their hypocracy.

does not live in the church, he is with you EVERYWHERE you go. He's not like your momma who waves bye to you from the porch of the church, "So long, be careful, see you next week." No, He's in the seat next to you, as your spouse, going with you wherever you go. There is no place that you can hide from , and no thing that you can do that will not be found out eventually.

The second quote tells men they are to love their wives as loved the church. How much did he love the church? He layed down his life for it, he gave everything he had to it, he was faithful to it and everywhere he went he spoke of it.

How can you be married if you do not ever see your wife? Technically yes you can, you can say "I love you woman!" You can stick a ring on your finger, you can walk her down the isle in front of the whole world and you can put her in a home some place, and never come back to see her or talk to her except for holidays and when you run out of places to go.

Thats how a lot of you treat when you say I do not need to go to church. You say " I love you!" you stick christian rings, or crosses on you proclaiming that you are his, you confessed him as your savior but then.. you just... you just left him waiting there for you. You dont have to live with a woman to be married to her, you dont have to go to church to be a christian but.. when you do not do these things aren't you missing out on the best parts of being either one? You are.

Praise for this Wall of text! Praise the Living for you and your faithfulness Ramius! There is so much truth behind your statement on Church that I had to leave it all in there when I "quoted" your text. Keep saying what you're saying and remember Romans 10:11 "For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."

In Christ,

Britt (TxBritt04R6) Bettell
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
TxBritt08R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:57 AM   #266
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Send a message via MSN to TxBritt08R1
Quote:

And I was one of them. I played the game, walked the walk, tried to look and act, ( and even feel ) like I was a Christian. We're having our fall revival at church and the speaker was preaching on Romans 10. He kept asking, "First Baptist Webster, why are you ashamed of Jesus Christ?" He made three points, but the last, Guilt, got me. I've been under conviction for months now, and I've fought it every step of the way. Lastnight, the Lord Jesus Christ Saved me, and I cannot even express the way I feel, or the change in my heart. I'm getting baptized this Sunday morning (11/11/07) if anyone wants to come.

Well, come to think of it, we've got two more nights of revival. Tuesday and Wedensday night, First Baptist Church of Webster ( corner of Walnut and slossen ) starts at 7pm. Hope to see you there!

Britt
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
TxBritt08R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #267
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:

I do believe the context of that quote it pretty easy to understand with out supporting text.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #268
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Biblically refers to the heavanly , who created everything, and refers to the earthly , which would be satan cast down from heavan.

Truth of the matter is, earth belongs to satan right now, made it, but satan stole it.

What makes you believe that and are not one and the same?

Old 11-06-2007, 11:56 AM   #269
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:

i dont agree with this

refers to the almighty , refers to anything else in which you put up to worship.

Satan was cast down to earth along with those angels that choose to follow him. So saying he stole it wouldnt be totally true, Satan is buying his time till deals with him.

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #270
Tricki

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 Suzuki Gsxr 750 Anniversary

One quick comment to all the people saying church is a business and is all about money..... I think you are basing all those opinions on the large churches you see on TV and some of the evangelist which ask for donations. Well try attending a small church before you stereo type religion or churches. Not all preachers or ministers live in mansions and drive mercede benz. The churches I have belonged to, as part of communion, past a plate in which people donated an amount of money they felt comfortable giving. This money was for paying the churches rent, electricity, etc.... And a portion sometimes went to a family or church member who had fallen on bad times or the old and elderly. Money was giving to poeple not able to help them selves. Some churches teach other things outside of religion and the gospel. Such as how to be a better person, parent, neighbor, etc... And Christians are not people who don't sin...they are people that realize we all sin.......
Tricki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:50 AM   #271
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
i dont agree with this

refers to the almighty , refers to anything else in which you put up to worship.

Satan was cast down to earth along with those angels that choose to follow him. So saying he stole it wouldnt be totally true, Satan is buying his time till deals with him.
He did not steal it with the act of being cast down, he stole it with the act of deception cast against Eve in Genesis Chapter 3.

When she commited the original sin, it introduced the way into the world that satan uses to subvert Gods work.

Think about what is being said in Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew 4:8-9
Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Ok, Now also take in how we are to come to Christ and escape damnation with satan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of .
Quote:
Originally Posted by john 3:17
For sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Satan is like a bully that took the neighbors toy, that bully is having fun playing with the toy, but in the back of his mind he knows that any second now a very furious parent is going to come out and take it back.

Satan tricked Eve into eating the fruit, which introduced sin into the world thus taking away its innocence. In that way he stole the earth by stealing its innocense, your right, his days are numbered, and satan is not dumb, he knows it too. However, for now, he is running free, and you know that saying misery loves company? Well, he is trying to take as many people down with him as he can.

What does satan want? Worship, he wanted to be the same as , he wanted to be worshiped for being him. Thats why he tempted Jesus as he did, saying "Behold, look upon all of this, referring the the beauty of the world, I will give all of this to you, if you will worship me".

Jesus came into this world not to condem, but to save, that through the hearing of His word, the people might turn to him and be born again. When you are born again in Christ the part of you that was of the sinful world dies off, and you are "born again" in the spirit. It is at that point that you are to be "in this world, but not of this world."

In summary (before I ramble on too long) we are born into a world of evil, which was made that way thanks to the deception of Satan in the garden of Eden. Through the death burial and ressurection of Jesus we are given the opportunity to be born again, of the spirit, and escape the trappings of this world. To be set apart, and to live for things eternal instead of living for the moment and what feels good right then.

The world was not meant to be as it is, it was meant that we were to live in peace in the garden of Eden, however, in a sense satan "stole" that from us, and that is why I say he stole the earth.

On the subject of the word "" I found this

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Corinthians 8:4-6
4As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other but one.

5For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6But to us there is but one , the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
I could find no reference to satan being called '' but I thought I had seen it at some point in time, bleh.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:59 AM   #272
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricki View Post
One quick comment to all the people saying church is a business and is all about money..... I think you are basing all those opinions on the large churches you see on TV and some of the evangelist which ask for donations. Well try attending a small church before you stereo type religion or churches. Not all preachers or ministers live in mansions and drive mercede benz. The churches I have belonged to, as part of communion, past a plate in which people donated an amount of money they felt comfortable giving. This money was for paying the churches rent, electricity, etc.... And a portion sometimes went to a family or church member who had fallen on bad times or the old and elderly. Money was giving to poeple not able to help them selves. Some churches teach other things outside of religion and the gospel. Such as how to be a better person, parent, neighbor, etc... And Christians are not people who don't sin...they are people that realize we all sin.......
Tithing is a great priviledge and an excellent way to receive blessings from Christ. It's not about the money, its about the act of faith and submission.

Money is the driving force behind all worldly concepts, to give it up for is to have a temendous amount of faith because you can not do anything in this world without money. It takes money to even start your car to go someplace and do something for free.

By giving your money to , you are saying that you so believe in , that you will give up something you have to have in order to let him prove to you that he will take care of you.

One common thing that keeps people from tithing is "I can not afford it." What that really means is "I can't do this because I dont believe can get me by."

Tithing is a great way to increase your faith, if you think that way and you go ahead and just try it out, you will see how he blesses your life, and you will see how good you can make it and you will see how he blesses you in ways you never even thought possible.

All I can say is, try it. It will teach you greater financial responsibility, greater faith and trust in and greater Joy when you see that he does not let you down.

Also something random to keep in mind, blessings do not always mean money.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:59 AM   #273
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
What makes you believe that and are not one and the same?
Refer to the last Biblical quote in post 271 for your answer
Old 11-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #274
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Refer to the last Biblical quote in post 271 for your answer
Your quote clearly defines that there is only and no other equaling Satan. They are one and the same.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #275
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Tithing is a great priviledge and an excellent way to receive blessings from Christ. It's not about the money, its about the act of faith and submission.

Money is the driving force behind all worldly concepts, to give it up for is to have a temendous amount of faith because you can not do anything in this world without money. It takes money to even start your car to go someplace and do something for free.

By giving your money to , you are saying that you so believe in , that you will give up something you have to have in order to let him prove to you that he will take care of you.

One common thing that keeps people from tithing is "I can not afford it." What that really means is "I can't do this because I dont believe can get me by."

Tithing is a great way to increase your faith, if you think that way and you go ahead and just try it out, you will see how he blesses your life, and you will see how good you can make it and you will see how he blesses you in ways you never even thought possible.

All I can say is, try it. It will teach you greater financial responsibility, greater faith and trust in and greater Joy when you see that he does not let you down.

Also something random to keep in mind, blessings do not always mean money.
How exactly do you give your money up to ? Does he have a mailing address? I tried to paypal @heaven.com but that did not work the way I expected.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #276
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
He did not steal it with the act of being cast down, he stole it with the act of deception cast against Eve in Genesis Chapter 3.

When she commited the original sin, it introduced the way into the world that satan uses to subvert Gods work.
I think stole is a bad word to describe what happend. The context would imply he took something. Rather he was placed somewhere and is here for the sole purpose of the vindication of Gods name.

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement