MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2007, 05:01 PM   #181
Ktesippe

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Novus Opiate Seclorum
For those of you that want to know:

It's actually latin. It's a modification to the "novus ordo seclorum" - "new order for the ages", a logo appearing on the big seal of the USA. Also compare: "religion is opium for the masses." Vladimir Lenin
Biker Church tonyt915 Off Topic 13 01-27-2010 09:15 PM
Killed in Church lanzer913 Off Topic 44 06-02-2009 05:03 PM
Do You Go To Church? Kodak Off Topic 103 01-12-2009 06:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2007, 05:01 PM   #182
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidel View Post
if it offensive bto say there is no to the believer types isn,t then offensive to say there is a gad to atheist? if no one could voice there opinion this thread would be pointless
word
Old 10-30-2007, 06:44 PM   #183
infidel
drpickles

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cc chick View Post
shut up and go back to work biznatch!!! lol
i've been off! just noticing your biased towards the christians
Chlamydia. I think I might name my daughter Chlamydia.
infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:53 PM   #184
infidel
drpickles

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidel View Post
i've been off! just noticing your biased towards the christians
towards the atheist...
Chlamydia. I think I might name my daughter Chlamydia.
infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:23 PM   #185
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Good thing no one is being biased towards the Agnostics.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:27 PM   #186
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Are you sure?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:27 PM   #187
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Nobody likes agnostics. :-p
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:30 PM   #188
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
Nobody likes agnostics. :-p
Most people don't like the truth either.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:32 PM   #189
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Apathetic Agnostic?

Don't know, don't care.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 10-31-2007, 12:36 PM   #190
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Apathetic Agnostic?

Don't know, don't care.
Good One!

Old 10-31-2007, 01:23 PM   #191
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Weak arses!
Old 10-31-2007, 01:28 PM   #192
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
Weak arses!
?

Old 10-31-2007, 01:35 PM   #193
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:07 PM   #194
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Sorry, I am in class this week so I am a little behind on the topics. That said, I did watch American History X the other night.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:39 PM   #195
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Sorry, I am in class this week so I am a little behind on the topics. That said, I did watch American History X the other night.
Saweet!
Old 10-31-2007, 03:47 PM   #196
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Apathetic Agnostic?

Don't know, don't care.
Militant agnostic:

I don't know and you don't either.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:18 PM   #197
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

I too believe and pray. Religion is one of those topic where if you study it too hard and too much you can begin to interpret the bible and religion in general incorrectly. It gives us hope when we loose someone we truely care about. And besides, it's based on faith so you either believe or your don't.

People have different means of getting to heaven; Christians worship through Jesus, Catholics through Mother Mary, etc.

I guess my take is this...if nothing else having your children attend church and have any type of religion (besides extreme Muslins) teaches them morals. Nowadays, kids get their morals from MTV and BET and thug rap. Schools surely don't teach morals and students can't even refer to holidays that are associate with religion And now our jails are over populated, 14 year old girls are getting prego, and kids are smoking crack and doing cheese herion. Having my girlfriends 13 year old daughter living with us makes me realize that the world needs to change somehow. Now, I'm smart enough to know that bad things have been going on since the beginning of time but it will continue to get worse unless parents can take the steps to teach their children good values and morals and turn off the TV. Most do this through religion.

And remember Jesus said in the bible, "the most important thing to remember is to love one another, above everything else."

Also, we may be in right now like some people say, but when I'm on the bike I'm in heaven!

One last thought, how would like the leader of your country to have no morals and beliefs and lead your children into the future? Would you let your child be alone with some one that has no morals or beliefs? If not then go to church or have some faith.

I'm just sayin...

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:56 PM   #198
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthHoustonCBR View Post
It gives us hope when we loose someone we truely care about.

... and that's it's purpose. There are all kinds of feel-good way of dealing with things. That doesn't make your real. I'm just sayin'

Quote:
People have different means of getting to heaven; Christians worship through Jesus, Catholics through Mother Mary, etc.
When you get to make up your own rules, anything goes.

Quote:
One last thought, how would like the leader of your country to have no morals and beliefs and lead your children into the future? Would you let your child be alone with some one that has no morals or beliefs? If not then go to church or have some faith.

I'm just sayin...

I'm not sure who you are talking about when you describe someone without beliefs.

Atheists have beliefs, they are just not based on faith. And to say that one without beliefs is one without morals is just plain .... christian! lol

As far as leaders without morals... Have you watched any political campaign, ever? There are so many lies, cheats and scoundrels and underhanded moves going on to bash each other it's ridiculous.

It's not something to contemplate happening in the future, it's been around forever.... and they're believers. Go figure.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-01-2007, 12:29 AM   #199
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned

Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.

Send a message via AIM to dirtyrice411
wow thats was a long read....

Churches are buisnesses, every preacher will tell you that. But what they are selling isn't what you always think it is. I don't belive in , I don't knock others who do, but I do think that their is a corralation between poverty/uneducated and religion.

I know how much religion is tied in our government, and how every politician "believes" in something. they use it to get their votes and "spead their name to the masses" sound like something else *cough religion cough*

And to debate any argument you must know about it. with that said, 90% of the major religions out their all state that you don't need a church to worship. 100% of the churchs say that that you must live your life out side of church the way you do in church. and that you should show others what it means to be religious and have faith and spread the word of "" to others. I know this cause i have looked into more than 15 different religions, and have been baptized in 3 of them. (none by choice hince the looking into others.)

and this is exspecially for crystalline, who cares where those great quotes arturoC posted came from, does it matter its the challenge of though that matters. Who wrote the bible? their is no author. its a compalation of thoughts and ideas. basically a good moral guideline.

I live my life in good moral, and I belive in nothing except laws of nature. I follow laws of man for less hassle unless it goes against laws of nature.(hince i smoke weed and don't think anything of it. its on this earth for a reason right?) but I do take some of the stories of the bible to heart. to me they(religion) are just basic guidlines to live your life with positive actions. tell us not to do some things cause it will only end in negative sittuations, and tell us to do others for the good of ourselfs and mankind as a whole.

I understand why the idea of "" is nessisary, people need something to always strive for, and the idea of nothingness after death is too much for many(mostly uneducated in my experiences not saying anyone on this board by all means.) there for I don't dismiss it, but from what i have experienced in my life I can't say that I will ever belive in a .

what upsets me is what people will do for a belief, why not have a good idea. at least that you can change and adapt that idea for the life you live now and the life you will be living later. as a child you live your life one way, as a teenager you live your life as another, as you get old you change why shouldn't your ideas.

sorry i wrote a book but i actually cut it short. there are alot of good thoughts on this thread and we should all keep an open mind.
dirtyrice411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:25 AM   #200
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

ArturoC...I would quote you from above but I can't figure out how to quote sections instead of the who post....

Im just sayin...please don't think I'm bashing atheists...everyone has the right to beleive what they want. I was also once some one who questioned the existence of and the the happenings in the bible. But that was a very long time ago and my beliefs completely changed when I lost someone I truley loved and my only thoughts to ever see them again was to have faith.

I please dont think I am standing up for the politicians...I have a BA in Political Science and during school the more I learned about them the more I realized how corrupt they are. There is not a politician out there that would change their beliefs or morals for a vote.

And by people without morals I am mainly refering to the likes of child molester, people who murder without cause, people who steal motorcycles, etc...I would not let one teach my daughter.

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement