Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2007, 09:39 AM   #1
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Exclamation A MARINES CARE PACKAGE

A great story, and a bit funny too!

Tampons to the rescue in Iraq !! Don't worry, it's a good story, and worth reading. It's even humorous in parts. It's from the mother of a Marine in Iraq . My son told me how wonderful the care packages we had sent them were& wanted me to tell everyone thank you. He said that one guy we'll call Marine X, got a girl care package and everyone was giving him a hard time. My son said, "Marine X got some really nice smelling lotion and everyone really likes it, so every time he goes to sleep they steal it from him." I told my son I was really sorry about the mistake, and ifHe wanted I would send Marine X another package. He told me not to worry about Marine X because every time I send something to him, Marine X thinks it's for him too. He said when my husband and I sent the last care package, Marine Xcame over to his cot picked up the box, started fishing through it, andsaid, "What'd we get this time?" My son said they had the most fun with Marine X's package. He said he wasn't sure who we were sending the pack to, but the panties were size 20, and he said one of the guys got on top of the Humvee and jumpedOff with the panties over his head and yelled, "Look at me, I'm anAirborne Ranger!!!!" One of the guys attached the panties to an antenna& it blew in the wind like a windsock. He said it entertained them forQuite awhile. Then of course.......they had those tampons. When he brought this up, my imagination just went running, but he continued. My son said they had to go on a mission and Marine X wantedthe Chap-Stick and lotion for the trip. He grabbed a bunch of theitems from his care package and got in the Humvee. As luck would have ithe grabbed the tampons too, and my son said everyone was teasing him about"not forgetting his feminine hygiene products." He said things went well for a while, then the convoy was ambushed andA Marine was shot. He said the wound was pretty clean, but it was deep.He said they were administering first aid but couldn't get the bleedingto slow down, and someone said, "Hey! Use Marine X's tampons!" My sonSaid they put the tampon in the wound. At this point my son profoundlytoldMe, "Mom, did you know that tampons expand?" ("Well....yeah!") They successfully slowed the bleedin g until the guy got betterMedical attention. When they went to check on him later The surgeon toldthem,"You guys saved his life. If you hadn't stopped that bleeding he wouldhave bled to death." My Son said, "Mom, the tampons sent by the Marine Moms by mistake saved a Marine's life." At this point I asked him, "Well, what did you do with the rest of the tampons?" He said, "Oh, we divided them up and we all have them in our flak jackets, and I kept two for our first aid kit." I am absolutely amazed by the ingenuity of our Marines. I can'tBelieve that something that started out as a mistake then turned into ajoke, ended up saving someone's life. My sister said she doesn't believe in mistakes. She believes had a plan all along. She believes that "female care package" was s ent to Marine X to save our Marine. Either way, our efforts have boosted the morale of many Marines, provided much needed items for our troops, AND saved the life of a Marine! bless every one of you for your efforts and hard work, and bless our Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force and all our military service personnel. BLESS AMERICA AND KEEP IT SAFE!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote