MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
Metzzen1
Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
srad gix 6

Send a message via AIM to Metzzen1
anyone work for the airlines? can get hookup on tickets?

if so pm me, im trying to surprise the gf by meeting her in seattle so i can see her over the new year instead of being 3k miles apart (she cried when she found out we wouldn't be together for new years:/

If anyone would be willing to use their frequent flyer miles, and me give them some cash in exchange for it that would be cool too.

looks like the cheapest ill get a ticket is around $500, and with the cost of renting snowboarding gear ontop of that, its a bit much
Metzzen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dishwasher hookup... cedestech Off Topic 18 12-29-2011 12:30 PM
anyone have a hookup on firtilizer urbanXJ Off Topic 10 03-21-2011 09:45 AM
Great Deal on Aeros Tickets (Cheap Hockey Tickets) DvlRacer Off Topic 7 12-23-2010 09:35 PM
HELP! Need plumbing hookup if possible... Blue91 Off Topic 7 09-08-2008 11:38 AM
who got the hookup mekrew Off Topic 3 05-15-2006 04:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2007, 12:46 PM   #2
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

IAH to Seattle on continental.com is $444-414. I searched the 28th through the 3rd +/- 3 days. Direct flights.

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
my mom works 4continental & gets buddy passes pretty cheap; HOWEVER, the problem is ur on "standby" which is HUGE, ESPECIALLY during holidays & bad weather season, Nov-Jan.

Flights r intentionally "overbook" to make sure there r no empty seats so now a days even PAYING CUSTOMERS r getting "bumped"!

U being a "buddy standby" puts u VERY last in line when there r empty seats to fill (paying customers, standby paying customers, travelling employees and their family, & THEN "buddy standby's"). That means anywhere from 10 to 20 people r in line BEFORE u for 8-20 seats! In bad cases it could take u a day or 2 to get where u r going!

I've been flying as employees family for 23 yrs & my advise is to PURCHASE a ticket thru expedia or even directly thru an airline (ie: southwest, continental, blue) WAAAAYYYY in advance & u'll come out just as cheap if not cheaper than a hookup that may or may not get u there!
Old 10-28-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
TX_Blue1

Those "Buddy" passes still cost the employee $100 or more. Standby has become very difficult, I've been stuck for days. Your best bet is to constantly check the websites listed above over the next few weeks. Pricing defies all logic, it will suddenly plunge to $250 or so then rise back up the next day.
TX_Blue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Also fly on tues to thurs; prices go way up on Fri-Mon
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #6
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Blue1 View Post
Those "Buddy" passes still cost the employee $100 or more. Standby has become very difficult, I've been stuck for days. Your best bet is to constantly check the websites listed above over the next few weeks. Pricing defies all logic, it will suddenly plunge to $250 or so then rise back up the next day.

+1 to all, my point in a nut shell!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:50 PM   #7
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

I have a lot of coupons/vouchers from American Airlines (totalling $150) and United (totalling $125, I think). I'll sell them to you for 1/4 the price....they are as good as cash =)

I have 80~k FF miles on both Delta and American but I am saving those for Dubai, Japan or wherever I will purchase my wife.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:53 PM   #8
Metzzen1
Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
srad gix 6

Send a message via AIM to Metzzen1
thanks for all the help guys, i will definatly try to fly up there on tuesday.
Metzzen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #9
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
my mom works 4continental & gets buddy passes pretty cheap; HOWEVER, the problem is ur on "standby" which is HUGE, ESPECIALLY during holidays & bad weather season, Nov-Jan.

Flights r intentionally "overbook" to make sure there r no empty seats so now a days even PAYING CUSTOMERS r getting "bumped"!

U being a "buddy standby" puts u VERY last in line when there r empty seats to fill (paying customers, standby paying customers, travelling employees and their family, & THEN "buddy standby's"). That means anywhere from 10 to 20 people r in line BEFORE u for 8-20 seats! In bad cases it could take u a day or 2 to get where u r going!

I've been flying as employees family for 23 yrs & my advise is to PURCHASE a ticket thru expedia or even directly thru an airline (ie: southwest, continental, blue) WAAAAYYYY in advance & u'll come out just as cheap if not cheaper than a hookup that may or may not get u there!
+1 on that. I am always telling friends to purchase a ticket way in advance because they will have a better chance of getting to their destination.

I work for Continental also and I will not even travel on New Years or any other big date like that. I go places in the off season on my passes. And the way we have been filling planes up this year you may even have trouble during those times. You have plenty of time, look around like the suggestions above.

Advertisement