Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2005, 03:01 PM   #1
Knives

Member Garage

How long before you...???

O.K. my first bike ever (05 honda cbr 600rr) has 1400 miles on it. I have taken in kind of slow but after putting the first 1000 miles on it I have started to have a bit of fun. On a open road with no traffic I hit 148. My chicken strips have gotten respectful as I can take turns at good speeds. The other day I pulled the front end up pretty high and it scared me a bit but it was fun. Is it to early for me to be trying to do this? Also how long before you had a passenger on the bike? Thanks for your opinions.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
it did not take long pester Off Topic 8 04-30-2013 02:08 PM
Long Way Down DvlRacer Off Topic 5 07-31-2008 04:39 PM
How Long does it take? AhmadHasib General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 02-23-2008 09:18 AM
Can I have a long name too? cashtown Forum Updates & Feedback 34 09-26-2007 03:41 PM
how could i have gone for so long without this??? hfa3g11 Off Topic 10 12-11-2005 04:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2005, 03:07 PM   #2
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Send a message via AIM to KiNG $h!T
Re: How long before you...???

rule number one that i have found out. Ride at a level that you are comfortable with and realize you still have alot to learn. Dont go by what other ppl have to say go by what you feel and dont let your ego get teh best of you.
KiNG $h!T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:28 PM   #3
ImG

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to ImG

having chicken strips is at your own desgression, dun know about you but i really could care less if its there or not. but again its up to you to see how you feel comfortable lifting the bike up or riding with a passenger. have fun but remember that the passenger has a life too and try not to do stuff that could endanger their life if you aren't comfortable wheeling two up and etc.
ImG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 04:05 PM   #4
linjy2

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2

you are at the point you are starting to feel comfortable, thats is when wrecks happen. wrecks happen for beginner riders during the first 1-6 months of riding. have fun.

make sure to school your passenger on the do's and don'ts when riding . turning also feels like a boat with a passenger.
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 11:44 PM   #5
zzr03

It just kinda comes to you. The more you ride the smother things go. Just take it slow rember you have the rest of your life to ride if you ride smart. Oh and passengers suck. :laughing6: Its just not as fun, and you have to always think thats someones little girl on that seat. So be safe and have fun thats why we ride. right:
zzr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:04 PM   #6
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

don't get too comfortable and become careless

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:18 PM   #7
Din

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

my bike has chicken strips and ive been riding since i was 15.... you dont need to try to prove yourself by going at break neck speeds around corners in the city. The city really isnt a place to try to make your chicken strips go away. Be safe
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:00 PM   #8
RideToDie

Bike(s):
'03 R6

Send a message via AIM to RideToDie Send a message via MSN to RideToDie

Go your own speed, you might think that you are getting good and then the ego will kick in and down you go. Trust me it happened to myself. Saw some others doing wheelies and then I thought that I could do them also, now I have a big dent in my tank and a few scuffs on the bike. If anything there are two kinds of riders. Those that have been down and those that are going down. It is better to take your time then to lose a life.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:02 PM   #9
goldenboy
ROGUE

Bike(s):
RC51

slow down
goldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:00 AM   #10
Knives

Member Garage

Thanks for the comments. I'm in no hurry to show off for my friends so the wheelies can wait. I decided to take a chick around my neighborhood for a quick ride. I felt like I was steering a tank. Nothing like I thought it would be like. I really need more practice and doubt I'll hit the open roads like that again for a long while. After rideing for a couple of months I have come to find out that Old people are scary.. :eh:
Old 08-15-2005, 09:15 AM   #11
JoeRider

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives
Thanks for the comments.* I'm in no hurry to show off for my friends so the wheelies can wait.* I decided to take a chick around my neighborhood for a quick ride.* I felt like I was steering a tank.* Nothing like I thought it would be like. I really need more practice and doubt I'll hit the open roads like that again for a long while. After rideing for a couple of months I have come to find out that* Old people are scary.. :eh:
A common problem among new sport bike riders is that they dont learn to hold themselves over the bike without the use of thier arms. Your arms should always remain loose and never bearing much of your weight. Thats what your back and abs are for. This problem is then tranferred to the passenger which typically doesnt get much more instruction then "just hold on". Your passenger should employ the same techniques as you; use abs and back to hold thier position, use legs and knees to squeeze on breaking (taking the pressure off the arms). Having a knowledgeable passenger will make riding 2-up very easy and after some experience the only thing you notice is the increased breaking. Be safe and as mentioned above, when you feel comfortable you are flirting with an accident. Keep that in mind and you'll be fine.

Lean>speed

~Joe
Old 08-15-2005, 09:50 AM   #12
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Come to the track and I will show you what Chicken Strips are all about. right:

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:52 AM   #13
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub

I ride two up all the time with my girl. Just need to school whoever is rideing . We have out signals for slowing down and if she needs to adjust her position, not to hold on to my waist stuff like that. And do everythig they said above.

Have fun.

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:55 AM   #14
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

1400 miles under his belt..... I don't think he can school anybody. Keep your life in your own hands... don't risk others at the moment. right:

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:21 PM   #15
JoeRider

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
1400 miles under his belt..... I don't think he can school anybody. Keep your life in your own hands... don't risk others at the moment.* right:
+1

Advertisement