MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2007, 01:15 PM   #61
gixxerbill

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob919 View Post
What's number 1 vs. what's number 2 is relative. If you care about whether you bought the #1 bike in certain peer-pressured communities, then who's the poser?
I bought mine purely for the performance. I still think the 05/06 gixxer 1k is one of the best riding bikes there is. I mean I was dragg'n my knee doing standups with in 10 minutes of riding the bike for the first time. To be fair I have never ridden a Duc. I would like to try one if someone here will let me ride theirs? Any takers? I will make your bike famous.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Those Japanese... CBR_TRAN Off Topic 20 05-10-2012 09:39 PM
japanese are just strange ... logan5 Off Topic 14 07-19-2007 09:39 PM
Japanese Vs European SBK Pilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 07-27-2006 12:04 PM
crazy japanese at it again flip326 Off Topic 7 07-06-2006 02:14 AM
Who speaky the japanese?? ScooterTrash Off Topic 11 06-11-2006 02:41 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #62
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitty View Post
WOW I go out on my bike to ride it, take it to a friends house to work on it, or to run around and pay bills and other business. Not to take it to a coffee shop, park it, look at it, and tell people how much i paid for it.

My bike is parked at PP2 every Wednesday from 7 until whenever. That make me a poser?
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #63
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I bought mine purely for the performance. I still think the 05/06 gixxer 1k is one of the best riding bikes there is. I mean I was dragg'n my knee doing standups with in 10 minutes of riding the bike for the first time. To be fair I have never ridden a Duc. I would like to try one if someone here will let me ride theirs? Any takers? I will make your bike famous.

if you have never ridden a duc(or many other bikes)how can you say yours is the best riding out there? glad you enjoy you ride and all but until you've ridden all of them that is a jaded statement to make.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #64
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
if you have never ridden a duc(or many other bikes)how can you say yours is the best riding out there? glad you enjoy you ride and all but until you've ridden all of them that is a jaded statement to make.
Good point are you going to let me ride yours?

I have however rode a cbr 1000 and zx10. The gixxer still was better imo. The honda was good just didn't have as good as feel to me as the gixxer did.

Oh, and i have rode a mille aprilla which totally disapointed me.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #65
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Good point are you going to let me ride yours?

i think you'll find the rc quite heavy and underpowered after a gsxr1k. kinda old tech. come up here and we'll swap bikes for a day.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #66
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

I ' ve ridden many of the bikes stated here everything from a gixxer1000 to a cbr 1000 and currently own a 1098. IMO it just comes down to personal preference and what you feel most comfortable in both riding and paying all I have to say is don't knock it till you try it.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #67
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post
I think anyone who rides a bike is in some level a "poser". C'mon guys..!! We enjoy being stared at when riding...!!! We are a different "bread", Anyone who is a motorcycle rider is above the standard person, we just do not choose riding just a bike, we choose a "lifestyle"...!!!

What we guys do at a PP1 or JCI...?? We "pose"....!! is part of the lifestyle...!!! An a Ducati or any other "exotic" bike will add to the "WOW" factor...!!!
I haven't been to PP1, but on a few occasions, I did stop by to JCI back in the early days. I don't think it's fair to say anyone who rides a bike is a poser, or goes to these places to "pose". Some are there to do as you say, but the others may go just to meet and socialize with other riders. Some go to be seen, some go to see others, while some go to meet and greet other friends and fellow riders. You can't speak for ALL, whether it be a motorcycle community or any other special interest community. Everyone's got their own individual reason for enjoying the hobby they enjoy.

Just because you're a poser, doesn't mean everyone's a poser like you (I don't mean this in a bad way). Just because one person's a '"racer" on the streets, doesn't mean everyone who rides a sportbike wants to race on the streets;..... AND,

just because gixxerbill does some crazy sheeit, doesn't mean everyone wants to be like gixxerbill!!
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:54 PM   #68
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob919 View Post
I haven't been to PP1, but on a few occasions, I did stop by to JCI back in the early days. I don't think it's fair to say anyone who rides a bike is a poser, or goes to these places to "pose". Some are there to do as you say, but the others may go just to meet and socialize with other riders. Some go to be seen, some go to see others, while some go to meet and greet other friends and fellow riders. You can't speak for ALL, whether it be a motorcycle community or any other special interest community. Everyone's got their own individual reason for enjoying the hobby they enjoy.

Just because you're a poser, doesn't mean everyone's a poser like you (I don't mean this in a bad way). Just because one person's a '"racer" on the streets, doesn't mean everyone who rides a sportbike wants to race on the streets;..... AND,

just because gixxerbill does some crazy sheeit, doesn't mean everyone wants to be like gixxerbill!!
Good points..!!! Not quite sure about it thought. The simple fact that we are riding a "motorbike" makes us a point of attraction to the "non-riding" people, they just stare at us and our bikes, any bike, from "Rat bike" to "Super-Sport" bike with the "Cruiser" breed in between, We like it or not, any place wherever we park, there will be people watching us and our bikes with fascination..!! They know that we are different and that's what make us "posers" we like it or not. I guess most riders are not looking to be "posers" but the nature of our life-style make us "posers"...!!! I use my bike as my main mode of transportation, wherever I park will be people watching me, going to the local coffee shop people stare at you and our bike...!!! So we became "posers"
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #69
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

poseur: a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not

How are you going to sit there and say that we are posing. Most of us here ride bike
out of some kind of passion. Just because some one looks at biker with admiration doesn't make them a poser. I can't speak for every one but aren't we all what we seem to be a "biker" in one form or another?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #70
Schmitty
um... i like beer.

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Gixxer 750
06 Honda 300EX
09 extreme 125cc pit bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch View Post
My bike is parked at PP2 every Wednesday from 7 until whenever. That make me a poser?
You quoted me, but apparently you did not read what i typed. I just said what i do and don't do on my bike. I didn't call you or anyone else a poser. Enjoy your wed. night.
Schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:59 PM   #71
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
Ducati FTMFW!

it is like comparing a BMW to a Honda Civic. duh it is just SEXIER! BAWHAHAA
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #72
Young Gun
Cue Ball

Bike(s):
Ducati 748

i love my duc...rode my friends gsx and felt fine...but i definitely like the handling of my duc...but i could be biased
Old 10-29-2007, 05:56 PM   #73
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Where and how did you kick the chit out of the gixxer. Lets see, you didn't kick the out of him because of price because he paid a 1/3 of what you did. Did you race him on a straight or a road course? Also remember you have about a 10% more displacement in the motor than the gixxer does. Also lay em both down and yours will cost THREE times more to fix than the gixxer. Now how did you kick the chit out of him again?
!st the 1098 is only 14,995, so where are U buying gixxer 1000.s for 5 grand? I,ll buy a whole fleet for that, 2nd it was on both straight away and curvy roads, I,ll give U about the 10% but thats not my fault, and third yes they cost more to fix, but that,s whats insurance is for and I,ll bet noone on here only pays $ 500 a year for full coverage on a gixxer 1000, thank U very much, NOW what were U saying, or U could just bring that one of Yours and I,ll gladly show U how
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #74
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

Hey Flyin' Duc you still have the stock size tires on you bike?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:09 PM   #75
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Yes I do, remember I got the corsa 3 for the rear in stock size
Old 10-29-2007, 10:14 PM   #76
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

Hey, I decided to go with the 180/55 in the rear and stock size in the front and it feels alot better (more nimble, and feels like it has less friction) It might just be me but then I started thinking back about bicycles and if you look at road bikes compared to Mountain bikes the tires are a lot skinnier for less friction on the road surface. I was wondering maybe we could meet up some time and see what you think? This way I find out if its me or not. Since your the only guy I know with a 1098 you can compare it better.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #77
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

No problem I wanna see a yellow one anyway, pm me or call 281 687 4261, usually try and ride the weekends, live in cleveland and work in tomball, lets ride sometime
Old 10-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #78
Joe T

Bike(s):
Monster

Because I'm a poser . I don't know how yall got off topic 600 vs 695 monster

Seriously though the 600 sport bike is going win versus that 695 Monster in a straight line. I don't know how the suspension is set up on the 695 but I'm at the limits on my S2R 800 monster and need to have the suspension re done. But that's probably more my fault than the bike's.

That 600 sport bike will be better suited vs my S2R I think instead of a 695.

Big benefit to me is the monster is fairly comfy on long rides, I don't see how you could ride on a sport bike for that long. I can do 150 miles at pretty high speed and not get tired.

My bike has been in the shop for the required 600 miles maintenance the original owner had done and an oil change at 3000 miles and that's it now at 5,000 miles. Besides that maintenance isn't a big deal, just take it to an independent shop to have the valves looked at at 6000/12000 miles and have the belts changed at 12,000 miles or do it yourself pretty easily.

It's a much nicer looking bike that sticks out from the crowd of "posers"

ducdriveway?t1193714464

Last edited by Joe T; 10-29-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Joe T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:20 PM   #79
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

Sounds good I should be off Sat. Are you going to Lonestar rally?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:24 PM   #80
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Thinkin about it? going to the rally that is, no doubt the 600 will be faster for sure than the 695

Advertisement