MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2007, 10:59 PM   #21
vertigo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 Busa, 03 busa, 08 Artic Cat ATV, 08 CRF50

Send a message via AIM to vertigo
Based on what? You cant afford one???
08 CRF 50
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Those Japanese... CBR_TRAN Off Topic 20 05-10-2012 09:39 PM
japanese are just strange ... logan5 Off Topic 14 07-19-2007 09:39 PM
Japanese Vs European SBK Pilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 07-27-2006 12:04 PM
crazy japanese at it again flip326 Off Topic 7 07-06-2006 02:14 AM
Who speaky the japanese?? ScooterTrash Off Topic 11 06-11-2006 02:41 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2007, 11:07 PM   #22
Dgig

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600

suck to drop a duc, drop a you get it right back ,
Dgig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:26 PM   #23
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

^ Thats why there is insurance
Old 10-26-2007, 11:27 PM   #24
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

well this is going to be another 100000000+ page thread. There are very few people on this board who can even begin to ride either of these bikes to their full potential. You cant realy compare the two, ducati requires a whole dif riding style than the big inline fours. Yes the duc is more$$$, but you pay for the name. I know some people that own them ride the sh** out of them and dont have a single problem. I know people that have japs baby them, and take them in to get worked on every few months. All bikes have their highs and lows. Why dont you just buy a triumph and call it even.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:32 PM   #25
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

I LOVE my 1098, had an oil leak early on, but was handled quickly and no problems after that, gonna have a few teething problems on such a new product Havent run against anything than can pull it outa the corners and the sound gives me a woody everytime it fires up, and even sweeter at 10grand
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #26
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
well this is going to be another 100000000+ page thread. There are very few people on this board who can even begin to ride either of these bikes to their full potential. You cant realy compare the two, ducati requires a whole dif riding style than the big inline fours. Yes the duc is more$$$, but you pay for the name. I know some people that own them ride the sh** out of them and dont have a single problem. I know people that have japs baby them, and take them in to get worked on every few months. All bikes have their highs and lows. Why dont you just buy a triumph and call it even.
Happy medium, huh, I,m glad ur ok from ur little incidentI also had a 955I and loved it as well
Old 10-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #27
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERDOG View Post
Have you had any mechanical issues with the duc? Word on the street is that there have been issues with the inverted forks. They say ducs are hit or miss - some run great and all that's required is the scheduled maintenance every X number of miles, but some end up with a mechanical issue and costly repairs . Any truth to that?
2 Year unlimited mile warranty FTW no questions ask just take it in tell them whats wrong and let Ducati pay for your problems. The only problem I have heard with the 1098 was a bogging problem that was resolve with a computer change paid by Ducati. I had an O2 issue and took it in had it fixed and didn't pay a single dime for the work.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:47 PM   #28
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Yep Bob Lunsfords, is where I bought mine, and the owner himself ( Ronnie) even offered several times to let me use his own CBR 1000 RR while mine was in for service, no questions asked, great service
Old 10-27-2007, 01:15 AM   #29
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Bike(s):
CRF 50

Quote:
Have you had any mechanical issues with the duc? Word on the street is that there have been issues with the inverted forks. They say ducs are hit or miss - some run great and all that's required is the scheduled maintenance every X number of miles, but some end up with a mechanical issue and costly repairs . Any truth to that?
i havent had any problems except there was a bad connection on the brake light which ducati covered under the warranty.

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:18 AM   #30
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Bike(s):
CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 636cc of fury View Post
why they still runner slower times around the track than even most I4 600's. Check out FastBikes, PB, TWO or even the new Sport Rider has a shoot out between the CBR 600RR, the 1098 and the GSXR 1000 with the GSXR winning followed by the CBR and the DUC dead last.
i didnt ask which one was faster. i said MOST people, not all, would take the duc over a bike if they had the choice of one or the other.

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #31
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

I have to agree that bikes can be more reliable and cheaper than a Ducati. but Ducati bikes are much better looking..!!! I'm still in love with the lines of the 748, the best looking Ducati IMHO. and the Ducati Monster is a classic...!!! Check the one at Motorcycles Unlimited.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #32
organizedchaos
G

Bike(s):
V-MAX, DRZ400, M900

Quote:
Originally Posted by delinquent View Post
Ducati sucks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RSVR View Post
i've heard a number of unhappy reviews about the 1098. It's too bad because I love the look of it. I'm looking forward to the 848 coming out!
Im gonna have to dissagree with the both of you, Ducati does NOT suck and if there are unhappy reviews its probably from people that have no idea how a V-Twin should ride like. Ducati has by far the best handling out of any other bike, all bikes have little BS problems every now and then and Ducati happens to warranty almost all of them. You cant compare a 600 to a small class Duc, Ducatis are for people that want a good unique fun bike that can handle like a champ, not for the people that think going 160+ (not that a Duc wont) makes it a bad bike.
organizedchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #33
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Real men ride V-Twins
Old 10-27-2007, 10:46 AM   #34
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
Quote:
Japanese 600s or Ducati 695? Japanese = reliable, cheaper maintenance and repair. Duc = its a Duc, expensive to maintain and repair. Any opinions? What if you had to choose?
I think is obvious after you pointed out the advantages of each. But if you don't mind spending a check every so often on maintance, then get the ducati.
By the way, didn't ducati cut the maintance periods by half to reduce maintance costs in all new models?
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:48 AM   #35
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Quote:
Originally Posted by organizedchaos View Post
Im gonna have to dissagree with the both of you, Ducati does NOT suck and if there are unhappy reviews its probably from people that have no idea how a V-Twin should ride like. Ducati has by far the best handling out of any other bike, all bikes have little BS problems every now and then and Ducati happens to warranty almost all of them. You cant compare a 600 to a small class Duc, Ducatis are for people that want a good unique fun bike that can handle like a champ, not for the people that think going 160+ (not that a Duc wont) makes it a bad bike.
I concur, I'd get a ducati 1098 if it wasn't because I am a broke college stud.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:10 AM   #36
Master_Of_Pain
Powa Ranga Action Figure

Ducati's can be mostly found at your local Ducati dealer, or any Starbucks.
Master_Of_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:26 AM   #37
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by organizedchaos View Post
I agree 100% I have had several Ducati,s and love them very much, And my 1098 will exceed 160 by a long shot My 999 handles like a dream, but the 1098 is a monster, the engine is sooo sweet, Not the outright fastest thing out there, but purdy dam close, I have 2 busa,s as well and it will run with them
Old 10-27-2007, 11:38 AM   #38
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Perhaps everything comes down to the purpose the bike will be fullfilling. If you plan to do a lot of track time then the japanese will be better because of their high reving engine and they demand less comitment from the rider i.e.. they are easier to ride fast.
However, for highway and street riding in general the ducati are probably the best, for they have tons of torque at low end.
Ultimately, get whatever bike you like and makes you feel like a when you're riding it. Care not what every one says about ducati or other makers for that matter. If you like it, then get it. After all you are the one paying for it.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:09 PM   #39
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RSVR View Post
I'm looking forward to the 848 coming out!

I LOVE my 636, but I will be selling Kidneys, plasma, and anything else I can think of for an 848.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 04:49 PM   #40
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

riding a v-twin is NOTHING like riding an I-4. No need to make alot of noise reving the out of it to have usable power on the streets. Engine braking seems more powerful on a twin as well. We want an 848 or a 999 as the next cornering machine if not for any other reason that the japs no longer make v-twins. A busa will still be on the list as a straight line monster though.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement