MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #21
Schmitty
um... i like beer.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Gixxer 750
06 Honda 300EX
09 extreme 125cc pit bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
When I see aggressive riding and immature moves I pull over let them go and then I go ride my own ride which I wanted to do in the first place! lol but my friends get me to going and then we find out the new group sucks at riding. I'm no pro but I can see danger

Usually the lectures aren't happening unless after the ride someone is off and they put someone in danger... usually that person that got shook up will have a word w/ them. sometimes they hang around and sometimes they don't

also this is why I enjoy riding by myself. no need for someone to tell me what to do. I don't ride stupid (ignore the avatar) nor do I ride aggressive like I did at first. It's nice riding your own ride now having to stop every 10 minutes to wait for someone or to have people waiting on you. you'll figure it out if you haven't already
understandable.
Schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creekside offroad park blk_gmc Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 01-14-2015 05:26 PM
Fabrication, offroad anyones else? anatram Off Topic 24 04-22-2014 03:15 PM
Extreme offroad Grinchy General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 01-26-2012 11:11 PM
Down south offroad cobrakiller02 Off Topic 0 09-20-2011 09:38 PM
Militarized Offroad Segway Helios Off Topic 7 09-15-2010 03:51 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #22
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

For me...it's a wee bit disconcerting to have someone whizz up beside me on their back wheel at only inches from my bike *coughhyperidecough* I don't think I'll be doing any more organized group rides anymore.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:25 PM   #23
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
I just get a kick out of seeing people take the position that speeding is evil - this is a motorcycle forum - where the vast majority of people ride sportbikes - that are DESIGNED to haul .
Sportbikes ARE designed to haul ...

But public freeways/back roads aren't motorcyclist's testing ground...

This reminds me... Remember Kids... The new majic number is something like 90mph... Anything over that is no longer eligible for DDC effective Sep 1st I belive...

And btw (speaking from personal experience), three years is a VERY long time for a speeding ticket to roll off...

(Just trying to help some of you youngsters from making the same mistakes I did.)
Old 10-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #24
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
I still don't understand the point of owning a sportbike to ride on the street and then denouncing anyone who speeds.

Maybe it's just me but a 150 hp bike is MADE to speed. If you don't want to speed, then you need to get a different bike.

Maybe it's just me....

Yep, I can understand Squeaky not being on a SS bike, but people who buy them are buying them for one reason. SS bikes are nothing more than cheap performance.

That is all.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:19 PM   #25
Dgig

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600

I just want to say getting to tripple digits is just to easy on a sport bike it happens all the time but yes when you ride in a group its good to be safe and have fun you dont want to be the person that caused 5-10 bikes go down sometimes you get one of those peps in a group I would leave the ride to
Dgig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #26
Warpbender
warped and bent

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'07 Yammy FZ1 "the faster blue one"
'04 DR650se (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Chassis View Post
For me...it's a wee bit disconcerting to have someone whizz up beside me on their back wheel at only inches from my bike *coughhyperidecough* I don't think I'll be doing any more organized group rides anymore.
I am saddened by this /\ but to each there own...
I joined this awesome community to learn and ride (group or not) with some serious riders and have not been let down yet!
I am no Hooligan by no means but I know if there are a pack of experienced and aggressive riders in front of me I can generally ride the route any way I see fit, simply due to rideing at the rear no one can see me except a rider or two and the sweeper and I haven't ever been spoken to unless it was complementitive or general enthusiasm.
I will ride with these young whipper snappers anytime I'm invited.

Life is too short not to ride nekkid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
So keep talking chit or try it.
Warpbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #27
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

popcornpair
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:20 PM   #28
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
I know what the thread's about, I just get a kick out of seeing people take the position that speeding is evil - this is a motorcycle forum - where the vast majority of people ride sportbikes - that are DESIGNED to haul .

It just doesn't make sense to me that riders want to act like speeding is for the devil. I'm a fairly responsible rider and I speed. A lot. Ban me I guess.

I've never been on a group ride, so I don't know about protocol for keeping riders in line, but when I ride with my friends we know the time and place to pick up the pace or cool it down.

I GUARANTEE you that I stand a MUCH better chance of hurting someone else when I'm driving my truck than when I'm on my bike. Guaranteed.

If you own a 150 BHP sportbike and always keep it under the limit you get massive poseur points in my book. I mean why not get a more comfortable bike? You get absolutely no advantage from a sportbike if you're always keeping it under the limit. I'd much rather have a cruiser or a standard if I was going to ride like that.

And don't take my word as implying that I think all riders who obey all traffic laws are poseurs because I surely don't. I agree that there are a LOT of riders out there who should have there keys taken away because of how irresponsbly they ride - but to say that anyone who speeds is a menace to society and the motorcycling community as a whole is laughable.

News flash * there is absolutely nothing wrong with riding a wheelie down a deserted county road. If I fall it's my , literally and figuratively. I take responsibility for myself and my actions and don't ask anything from anyone else.

I don't claim anything MC related on my insurance, so don't bring up the idea of me jacking up your rates either.
i agree with you in many points but, honestly you are wrong on one big time

you are saying that owining a sportbike and going the limit is possing

a bike is a bike no matter what kind is capable of going over the limit

i like sport bikes a lot. but after my broken hand i realized i prefer my hand that the bike

i like to go the limit, and yes. sometimes i pick up way more than that

but is ridiculous to state that owning a sport bike means you are going to haul

maybe thats what u like/ want, which i personally respect your point

as u said, is your , true , but in my bike is my too. for the same reason im more cautious now

so no i am not a posser. i just learned my lesson to each his / her own

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:26 PM   #29
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
When I see aggressive riding and immature moves I pull over let them go and then I go ride my own ride which I wanted to do in the first place! lol but my friends get me to going and then we find out the new group sucks at riding. I'm no pro but I can see danger

Usually the lectures aren't happening unless after the ride someone is off and they put someone in danger... usually that person that got shook up will have a word w/ them. sometimes they hang around and sometimes they don't

also this is why I enjoy riding by myself. no need for someone to tell me what to do. I don't ride stupid (ignore the avatar) nor do I ride aggressive like I did at first. It's nice riding your own ride now having to stop every 10 minutes to wait for someone or to have people waiting on you. you'll figure it out if you haven't already

dude i feel you include me on that one lol

no offense taken because. i was inmature at that time

at the contrary, you all were great with me, ill never forget that u all stayed there

big props to all of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:54 PM   #30
vertigo

Bike(s):
07 Busa, 03 busa, 08 Artic Cat ATV, 08 CRF50

Send a message via AIM to vertigo
I have been on a ride with a friend of mine that rides a cruiser, they are a semi organized group. To do this ride I was asked to sign a waiver and was asked to not ride like a jackass. I have been on rides with sportbike groups that was simply a informal race. You have to do what you are comfortable with. I had no problem not riding like a jackass and it was a great ride. (so was the informal race, but we are not talking about that).....
08 CRF 50
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement