Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2007, 07:08 AM   #1
what R you lookin' at?
Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

funny awesome story, kinda long

from another board

"On the way to the airport this afternoon I'm trucking along Mountain Road. It is on the south side of the Blue Mountain opposite the Ashfield substation. So… I'm motoring along, minding my own business and I hear this very loud "THUNK" under the truck. I lay on the brakes thinking the worst and look in my rearview mirror... There is this black cloud of something hanging in the air where the "THUNK" occured. I'm horrified. I'm thinking something exploded under the truck so I pulled over right away into this church parking lot. I'm looking under the truck trying to figure out what could have caused this and this four wheeler pulls up. The dude on the four wheeler tells me not to go anywhere because he called the police (State Troopers) and they are coming. I asked him "What the did I hit?!?!". Now my mind is racing... did I hit a kid? Nope... I hit this dude's prize egg laying chicken that is worth something like $100. WTF!?!?!? I asked him "What the was your chicken doing in the road?". His response was "Probably looking for corn or something but you'll never know since you ran right over him... you never stopped you chicken killer". I asked him if he really called the cops and he said yup, should be along any minute.

Sure enough, about five minutes later, after listening to this a-hole talk about his prized egg laying chicken, the statey shows up. This guy is all over the statey. Telling him how I'm going 80mph through the turns and never slowed down before I clobbered the hen. He is ranting and raving. I'm just leaning up against my truck, absolutely dumbfounded with what I've gotten myself into. After about 15 minutes of listening to him the statey comes over and gives me this odd look. Never good. He asks me what happened. I told him. I was motoring along, heading to Slatington Airport, and I hit something. I layed on the brakes and pulled over right away. He comes over in his four wheeler and tells me to stay put since he called you guys (the staties). The cop asks how fast I was going and I said between 40 and 45 (speed limit is 45) since my truck doesn't take corners real well and I've got new wheels for my plane in the back and don't want to damage them.

The statey asked me for my information and heads to his car. At this point I have no idea what is going to happen. Meanwhile... the chicken owner is telling me how I'm going to pay for his new chicken and all these damages. Just ranting and raving. After a few minutes the statey comes back and says to the guy "Here is what can happen. You can take the driver to civil court to recover the costs of the chicken. You'll have to prove that he intended to kill the chicken and was negligent. If you take him to court I WILL give you a ticket for allowing your farm animals to roam around unpenned and causing a hazard to motor vehicles on a state road. What would you like to do?". The guys starts yelling at the cop. Really screaming. After a couple of minutes the statey says "You raise your voice with me one more time and I'm taking you to jail. And before you think about driving your four wheeler home remember they aren't allowed to be driven on state roads. I'll cite you for that if you try to drive that across the road." The guy stomps away and is really cursing up a storm. Now... this is the good part... As the guy is stomping away the statey says to me "You stay put, I've got something else I want to talk to you about". Oh boy... here it comes.

After the guy is out of ear shot the statey asks me "Is your plane yellow?". Uhm... yes sir. "Did you ever participate in an Aviation Merit Badge Weekend? And if you did where was it?" Uhm... yes sir, at Easton Airport from 1997 through 2000. "You don't remember me but you took me flying for the first time in my life when I was 17 years old. I remember that flight like it was yesterday. I'm trying to get into the helicopter wing of the State Police". Turns out I had taken him flying for a Young Eagle Flight back in 1997. He joined the Army after high school, learned how to fly Blackhawks, got a criminal law degree while he was in the Army, joined the Pennsylvania State Police and put in for the helo wing. We exchanged phone numbers and we are going to go flying after my plane gets out of the annual inspection."
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote