MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
mr_joe

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R6-Sold
2008 CBR1000

EVERY ONE PLEASE!!!! be carfull

Four people have died this week on motorcycles with out no helmets, tuesday the 13 year old kid, wensday the old man, yesterday on I 45 to the back of that trucker, and this morning with the un even road. F^%K. please be carefull out there every one. my prayers goes out to the fellow bickers that passed away this week. t:

www.myspace.com/mrjoes
mr_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2005, 01:02 PM   #2
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Re: EVERY ONE PLEASE!!!! be carfull

this is sad news..

at lunch i rode home to drop off the bike and pick up the truck,,, i was in the center lane on 290 and this SUV started moving into my lane, i mean , i was right in their window, if he wouldve just looked out the window he wouldve seen me but, nope,, thats too much work. so i did like CAFA said and i smacked their side mirror with my right hand and that dude almost himself,, didnt know WTF happened, then i just took off and got outa everyones way.. people just dont look out for bikes, \

what's a blindspot anyway?

there should be billboards saying " CHECK YOUR BLINDSPOT" before changing lanes
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:10 PM   #3
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

I once had a guy push me onto the shoulder as I was entering the freeway. The exit lane was common with the entrance lane. Anyway, after putting my boot into his door and leaving a monsterous dent, I was able to get his attention! He also, did not even attempt to look. I'm sure he got a well deserved load of in his pants for that one.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:19 PM   #4
nels

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

Man, 's scary. I mean, I haven't ridden in a while, bike's been sitting in the garage, but , with all these stories and news, sorta skeptical about jumping back on it. I heard stories yeah, but it seems to be happening more and more often. :confused1:
nels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:21 PM   #5
PORSCHITO

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO

just try to avoid highways!!!! thats all i can say!!!
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #6
05ravenr6

Send a message via AIM to 05ravenr6 Send a message via MSN to 05ravenr6 Send a message via Yahoo to 05ravenr6

yea where i used to live in dfw area...that happened to me like EVERY week...the worst was prolly this sportrac going into my lane and pushing me into grass..i amazingly got out of it came back around on a 1 lane road on the other side of traffic and kicked a dent bout the size of a basketball in this drivers door..gave him the finger...then went home and called his license plate into the drunk drivers hot line haha

97 Camaro Z28-Fully built LT1-150 Shot=580hp-good enough for now
05ravenr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:41 PM   #7
Txlonestar
Private Pilot

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1991 Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (sold)
2003 ZZR600 (wrecked)
99 Ninja 500R (sold)

Send a message via MSN to Txlonestar

I avoid the highways like the plague during rush hour! I did it ONCE and swore NEVER again! Weekends and slow times is fine but other times no way. bless those guys at Awesome cycles though for teaching me right! Ive only had to panic stop once real hard but I still remembered what they taught me.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:44 PM   #8
PORSCHITO

Yeah they are awesome guys, especially mike what a cool guy.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #9
linjy2

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txlonestar
I avoid the highways like the plague during rush hour! I did it ONCE and swore NEVER again! Weekends and slow times is fine but other times no way. bless those guys at Awesome cycles though for teaching me right! Ive only had to panic stop once real hard but I still remembered what they taught me.
noob, rushhr is the bomb.
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:03 PM   #10
linjy2

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
what's a blindspot anyway?
really, i had cars come into my lane without even checking their blindspot. which as a result makes me have to swerve to the other lane or brake alil. i always want to just stay in my lane and let them hit me but to much hassle to fix my car and claim insurance and .
Old 08-13-2005, 12:20 AM   #11
Txlonestar
Private Pilot

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1991 Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (sold)
2003 ZZR600 (wrecked)
99 Ninja 500R (sold)

Send a message via MSN to Txlonestar

Well this day REALLY $Ucked!! I Walked out to my truck and tried to start it...dead battery, ok well I put a charger on it then left a few hours later to go to the Kemah Hooters to meet some friends. Got lost (Id never been there)and turned around on 146 heading back towards Nasa after calling said friends for directions. Friday evening and EVERYONEs going to the bourdwalk so the left lane of my side is full of cars. Im in the right lane as I need to turn right. Well a woman wants to go to a resteraunt on my side and a suv lets her through the line. Guess where I'm AT!?? Yup almost stoped in time but almost only counts in horseshoes or something like that. Guy who saw it said I had the back wheel up a bit when my front left hit her front left bumper and pitched me off over the handle bars and the bike tumbled. Landed on my right shoulder blade and rolled to my back. Bike pitched over scratching up the right front and smacking down on the right rear and pushing it out of line. Thank I wear my gear no scratches to my SHOEI, but I know I bopped my head. The padding in my First Gear MeshTex saved me some bruising and rash along with my gloves. Surprisingly my work pants didnt tear either, though the low speed may have had more to do with it. After a quick check by the paramedics and some words with the cops(one was a fellow rider, great guy) I called my mother to come pick me up and I eased off to the Hooters to wait. Thats not the end of my of a friday, I call work.. no one can come in..* nuts. About one and a half hours after getting to Hooters mom shows up with MORE bad news. The old battery had a crack in it around one of the posts( Why it took her so long) and had leaked acid all in my truck.* *:BangHead:(Bless her by the way she never liked me riding in the first place.) So I now have a sore arm and shoulder, one busted bike, and a truck needing some serios cleaning . Oh yeah.. and Im typing this at work. :BangHead:.. HAVE ONE FOR ME PLEASE !*

Last edited by Txlonestar; 01-10-2006 at 08:10 AM.
Txlonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 01:22 AM   #12
PORSCHITO

glad u came out in one piece this week is defenetly not a lucky week for bikers.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:44 AM   #13
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

I DECLARE NATIONAL KEEP YOUR BIKES AT HOME WEEK!!!!
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:48 AM   #14
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
so i did like CAFA said and i smacked their side mirror with my right hand and that dude almost himself,, didnt know WTF happened, then i just took off and got outa everyones way...
Glad I taught u something .

I was on westheimer at night once and some big black dude was on a Hayabusa and got cutoff by a car pulling out of a driveway right before the light. I mean it was a bad cutoff. When they got to the light the guy got off his bike, took off his helmet, and proceeded to putting his helmet through the cars rear window .. Completely shattered it.. The put his helmet back on and went back to his bike and took off. I was cracking up as I was watching this all happen.
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #15
Racer X 05

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R1

I was not being able to ride this week due to a 1 inch nail in a brand new Dunlop 208 I've had a month but after hearing all this and what happend to me 2 weeks ago I welcome the break.. but now that gas is up to 2.49 a gal
looks like the suv in for some down time......
Old 08-13-2005, 04:08 PM   #16
linjy2

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool
I was on westheimer at night once and some big black dude was on a Hayabusa and got cutoff by a car pulling out of a driveway right before the light. I mean it was a bad cutoff. When they got to the light the guy got off his bike, took off his helmet, and proceeded to putting his helmet through the cars rear window .. Completely shattered it.. The put his helmet back on and went back to his bike and took off. I was cracking up as I was watching this all happen.
omg, :laughing6: :laughing6:
Old 08-15-2005, 07:42 PM   #17
tbone16

Me and Roadrash were cruising 59 today, and some dumb broad just started coming over on me. I gave it a little gas and her the finger. She when she realized I was that close the here passenger side window. The look on her face was priceless. Rash gave her the fly by on the yamahog giving her the "watch the road dumbass" sighn. It was actually pretty funny, but , I dunno how she couldnt of known I was passing her. I mean, if I am not in her rear view, and I was just a second ago, I didnt get teleported off the road, im im her blind spot. Had people do it to me in the sol all the time, and I actually did it myself one, so I should probally talk with all the talking.
tbone16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 08:38 PM   #18
Jester

Bike(s):
400EX, 90 Mini, R1

The best thing to do is just stay the away from cars. You have the power, if someone is near you power away from them, and never ride beside becouse they can't see you!!

JZ
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement