Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2005, 03:37 AM   #41
RideToDie

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'03 R6

Send a message via AIM to RideToDie Send a message via MSN to RideToDie
Re: Balance Point

I got out and rode around tonight, tryed to wheelie but every time I get my bike up to what feels like balance point I get freaked the* out.* trying to raise up fells crazy, almost feels like I want to flip the bike.*

How long did it take most of yall to get beyond that feeling?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tire balance? Static/Bubble balance jdm_phunk How To's and Q & A's 1 05-06-2009 05:48 PM
Your Balance Point? ChrisGo General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 04-30-2009 03:27 PM
How do you know when you hit the balance point of a wheelie? Datfreakmo281 Stunters Lounge 12 11-11-2008 11:52 AM
CANT FIND BALANCE POINT!!! iRIDEsolo Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 13 04-04-2008 07:32 PM
what is balance point ? and what is a tank slap ? Maverick Stunters Lounge 9 11-20-2005 05:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2005, 04:44 AM   #42
st3ph3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideToDie
I got out and rode around tonight, tryed to wheelie but every time I get my bike up to what feels like balance point I get freaked the* out.* trying to raise up fells crazy, almost feels like I want to flip the bike.*

How long did it take most of yall to get beyond that feeling?

That wasn't the balance point.
st3ph3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 11:41 AM   #43
BykeBoyWannabe

Member Garage

No... Thats right before balance point... Balance point is still beyond that... I get the same feeling... On some wheelies I just ditch them by mashing the clutch letting go of the throttle and throwing my legs down... But make sure not to rack yourself... Thats the part that sucks.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:59 AM   #44
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Send a message via AIM to TooBuku

Half of the battle of learning to wheelie is in your head.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:06 PM   #45
RideToDie

Bike(s):
'03 R6

Send a message via AIM to RideToDie Send a message via MSN to RideToDie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBuku
Half of the battle of learning to wheelie is in your head.
I hate playing mind games. Atleast when someone is doing them to me I have something to fight or argue with , but when you do them to yourself you have no one but yourself to beat up. And I really dont like to fight myself, I usually end up losing. :BangHead:
Old 08-20-2005, 11:33 AM   #46
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

for wheelies.. starting out... i read r6's post about left foot rear peg.. right foot front peg covering brake.. is that easiest way to learn??

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 12:32 PM   #47
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Just come to boot camp
:biggthumpup:
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 02:02 PM   #48
BykeBoyWannabe

Member Garage

I don't like staggards... If your not ready for it they can make the bike take off to one side... First time I tried a staggard I changed lanes doing a wheelie... Scary stuff...

I find getting into second gear and going about 30-40 mph and popping the clutch only about 2 to 3 grand over... Make sure your up on the tank though... Not too much so you don't rack... But if your forward on the seat it won't come up as fast... You can start getting a feel for it... And as it comes more and more... You can scoot back a lil further, pop the clutch at a little higher over rpm... Maybe do it at higher speeds...

I'm no wheely expert... I'm still learning myself... BUT this is how I learned... Took me about 2 or 3 weeks of alot of practice to get to where I'm comfy enough to mash the gas while sitting way back and try and ride them out kinda far and try and reach balance point...

As far as stand ups go... I'm still powering them up so I can get a feel for them... Soon as I get comfy with they way they feel when they rise I'll clutch those as well...
Old 08-20-2005, 02:31 PM   #49
st3ph3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BykeBoyWannabe
As far as stand ups go... I'm still powering them up so I can get a feel for them... Soon as I get comfy with they way they feel when they rise I'll clutch those as well...

Clutching standups are the only way to go.
st3ph3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 04:52 PM   #50
BykeBoyWannabe

Member Garage

Well... Soon as they don't scare the out of me anymore... I'll clutch'em up.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:41 PM   #51
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

I wish i could wheelie
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 06:16 PM   #52
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
I wish i could wheelie
STFU!!! you make it look so easy you

oh.. sorry i didnt call you back last night.. my was in bed at 830.. anyway, call me later.. going to Miyako tonight with Den

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:26 AM   #53
King Cobra
Army Paratrooper

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
01 929rr
06 F4i
00 F4

i love the rain man its really good practice. start launches in the rain stoppies wheelies i all practice in the rain but to a safe point. if you can swing it in the rain meaning launch stop turn stunt whatever your into doing then you can really let loose on the dry and if anything gets hair well you know what to do cuz the rain is like practice for stuff that gets out of hand like launches wheelies stoppies turn etc. now each bike is defferent in everything is a factor, bike length weight riders hieght weight postion like my busa and me my balence point at like 60mph is 11.5-11.7 but i like to lean forward and get it higher i also love to bounce it in and out of bp just cuz its fun to me to sway the bike up and down. when im on my friends 04 zx6rr the bp is like ll and for him its like 10.7-10.8 but hes shorter for me, so really you just have to find your own bp, and youll know when you get there it feals like waightlessness or being on a roller coaster when it drops. but please where some gear man and dont squid it up, its never fun seeing people get hurt.

Advertisement