MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2007, 10:15 PM   #1
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
ITS OFFICAL! *rant*

PEOPLE IN HOUSTON CAN NOT DO THE FOLLOWING!

1) DRIVE!!! Or atleast pay attention while they are driving. (scanning the road ahead looking for stuff in the road maybe?!?)

2) HAUL STUFF IN THE BACK OF THEIR TRUCKS! (note lack of tie-down straps)

I'll give you a little run down of the event.

I was riding home from the Yankee R6 get together and I had just pasted the Toll Road when a truck comes screaming by me (Mind you im doing 70mph trying to keep it safe since the event I just left.) So, I pay no mind to the asshat and keep on my way, well less then a mile or so down the road I see him hitting the flashers and pulling over. I thought maybe he got a flat or something and that was good, he needed to slow down. As, I get closer my headlights are just about maybe 2-3 car lengths behind his bumper, and a car is to my left about 3-4 cars back. And a car behind me, following closly.

Well what do you know it, this asshat has dropped a Lazyboy chair out of the back of his truck and its in the middle of my lane. Going 70mph, I flash my break lights hit my turn signal to get over and look back to my left to make sure that the car that was behind me to my left see's that im getting over. They do , and slow down to left me in front, with a BIG gap of space to do so safly. Well the guy that was driving behind me freaks out cause of the lazy boy and then somehow think it would be best to try and fly around me, even though I got my blinker on and about 2 ft from crossing the center line then over into the other lane.

So, as the jerk behind me trys to basically run me over as I get over, he realizes hes in the wrong and LOCKS UP HIS BRAKES! Sliding past me!!! Thank I looked up to see WTF he was doing in time to split between him and the lazy boy! THANK FOR MY KAWI BEING SLIM!

Anyways, just had to vent! I had fun at the M&G/stunt show tonight and the hotdogs were great! and I met alot of new people and some old friends as well. I hope everyone else makes it home safe!
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone A Building Offical For the city or private firm ? lanzer913 Off Topic 1 09-22-2009 11:12 AM
Fair warning: RANT, long rant tyme2move General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 09-03-2008 07:49 AM
TMGP Round 2 Offical Results BlackWidow Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 31 04-23-2008 09:40 AM
Making it Offical Racer X 05 Off Topic 19 07-15-2005 09:06 AM
MOVED: Making it Offical Solracer Events, Meets and Rides 0 07-13-2005 07:06 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2007, 10:20 PM   #2
Badzx14r
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:25 PM   #3
SVmike
nuthin'

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Send a message via AIM to SVmike
glad you came out unscathed!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #4
Gryphin
09 r1!

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

gap rule, i had space! lol i was in what i thought was a clear lane, bike headlights dont shine that far ahead... i saw the guy on the side of the road up ahead but that was about it... didnt see the lazy boy till i got about 2-3 car lengths behind were the guy was on the shoulder.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:30 PM   #5
DannyBoy

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1000
03 RM 100
FIDDY
06 DRZ400SM
08 CAN AM SPYDER

I must have left seconds before you. I was about 20 feet behind the idiot in the pick up but in the lane next to him. I see something fly out and think it is a large cardboard box. Once it hits the pavement and slides along and turns, realize it is a lazy boy. I flash my light and blare my air horn for miles. I finally get in front of him and put on my flashers and pull on the shoulder. I get off my bike and go back to him and yell that he lost a chair. He is oblivious and I had to explain several time to him. Finally he says how far back. Well you idiot if you would have pulled over when I started blaring my horn you could walk back and get it. I told him to exit and u turn and go back and get it before someone gets hurt. Just sheer luck that I was in the lane next to him and not behind him or I would not be here. Gryphin, thank goodness you are OK.
DannyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #6
aznhero913
J.D.

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

glad your ok bro, that coulda been ugly.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:34 PM   #7
Gryphin
09 r1!

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

glad you didnt get hurt either!, see DUMB PEOPLE!!! lol

and yes, it could of been a bad deal! but luckly, i noitced the guy behind me trying to shoot around me and went between him and the chair.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:41 PM   #8
Seth
F T W

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
sixsevenfive

Send a message via AIM to Seth
See, it's a sign you should keep the 636!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:01 PM   #9
Gryphin
09 r1!

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

LOL I guess