Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2007, 10:23 PM   #21
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I was a little f*cker. If I could have had at age 12, I would have. Sure I knew all the birds and bees, and the consequences. Instead I waited till the ripe old age of 15, when a camp girlfriend finally gave up the unprotected goods. I learned the ins and outs of birth control from my girlfriend, now wife, in high school.

My first gross thought when I saw birth control for 9 year olds was that some sicko dads or uncles would be signing their kids up to protect themselves. Of course, in some places I guess junior high schools are rampant with and pregnancies, no abuse occuring. But elementary school, that's just wrong. Kids got serious problems if they are acting out at that young of an age.

This whole thing just screams of how f'd our kids could be without good parents.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who are they kidding? cj_sandman Off Topic 7 10-27-2009 11:14 AM
Got to be kidding me!!! landon05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 08-02-2009 11:58 AM
you got to be kidding me! bunxx Off Topic 12 02-27-2009 12:07 AM
You have got to be kidding me 03.gsxr.1000 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 11-28-2007 11:28 PM
Are you kidding me? stlal General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 10-19-2006 02:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2007, 03:33 AM   #22
Stacy
One day at a time!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cc chick View Post
I think this will mess with girls taking BC so young. It'll throw their cycle off if they miss a pill, could eventually effect if they can have kids or not.
I disagree with you in regards to this part of your statement. I was placed on the contraceptive pill when I was 12 to help with some medical issues. However it has had no bearing on my ability to have children. It can upset your cycle if you miss a pill yes, but that can happen even to an adult woman.

On the matter of these young girls being provided with BC I see it as the lesser of two evils. Do I think they should be engaging in ? No. Do you think the ones that will be taking the BC pills really care what any of us think they should be doing or NOT doing? No. I'd much rather them be given the opportuntiy to protect themselves against pregnancy at such a young age rather then them getting pregnant, draining the welfare system or even having to choose whether to have an abortion or not. Granted one would hope that they have been taught to have some self respect and not go throwing themselves around to risk getting pregnant. I believe that responsible parents should be educating their children about the dangers of (STDs, unplanned pregnancies, tainted reputation) but the sad truth is that there are a lot of parents out there that will not talk to their children about and see such talk as a taboo.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:22 PM   #23
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
saying the new policy is aimed at a tiny number of sexually active students.

Oh please! If this was aimed for a small number of sexually active MIDDLE school students, they wouldn't be doing it in the first place.
Quote:
Students would need parental permission to use the city-run health center in the school, but they wouldn't have to tell them they were seeking birth control.

Gee... I wonder why that is...
Quote:
But Coyne said a physically mature, savvy 11-year-old could get the birth control once the permission slip to use the center is signed.
:/:
Quote:
Fifty-four percent of the students are part of the federal free lunch program, which is an indicator of poverty.

I don't even care to read the rest of the article. The free lunch program doesn't mean . Any one in school is qualified to get free lunch, just like anyone is qualified to recieve financial aid. It's all about filling out a form and adding numbers. Whoopti ****in doo!

I understand that that there are some GIRLS that have issues with starting their period super early and/or having a lot of problems controlling it so yes a birth control is the key. Now I pulled out a quote that said savvy girl can get it. I cannot imagine an 11 year old girl having and ask the school for birth control? Who is she sleeping with? Her 11 year olf boyfriend who has a 24/7? An older man? Because if that was the case then there are some serious problems.

I can't get all my thoughts together. But for a state who barely has any revenue flow is really wasting their money.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:34 PM   #24
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
I don't even care to read the rest of the article. The free lunch program doesn't mean . Any one in school is qualified to get free lunch, just like anyone is qualified to recieve financial aid. It's all about filling out a form and adding numbers. Whoopti ****in doo!
That is incorrect. NOT everyone qualifies for free lunches or financial aid. It's not an added benefit that people just don't take advantage of, it's only available for up to a certain income.
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #25
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10 View Post
That is incorrect. NOT everyone qualifies for free lunches or financial aid. It's not an added benefit that people just don't take advantage of, it's only available for up to a certain income.
Wrong? Maybe. Incorrect? No.
Who write the forms? You? Or your boss who write your pay check?
There is a letter mailed out to people and all you do is fill it out and mail it in or turn it in... My parents made good money and I got free lunch! My mom did it because she wasn't going to give me money to eat lunch at school and I wasn't working and a little bit later, my parents got divorced and Daddy made the majority.. I had friends doing that all the time. It happens.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #26
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
Wrong? Maybe. Incorrect? No.
Who write the forms? You? Or your boss who write your pay check?
There is a letter mailed out to people and all you do is fill it out and mail it in or turn it in... My parents made good money and I got free lunch! My mom did it because she wasn't going to give me money to eat lunch at school and I wasn't working and a little bit later, my parents got divorced and Daddy made the majority.. I had friends doing that all the time. It happens.
Uh ohh...sounds like mommy lied on the forms!
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:03 PM   #27
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:

CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:25 PM   #28
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
if i forgot to get my lunch money off the counter in the morning i would have eto have ea peanut butter sandwich but crystal was getting free cheese.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:30 AM   #29
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
I'm telling you!! I am glad she did because then I wouldn't have ANY lunch! And I am a pig. I take food for granted!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 08:33 AM   #30
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
if i forgot to get my lunch money off the counter in the morning i would have eto have ea peanut butter sandwich but crystal was getting free cheese.
No! I got free chicken nuggets with mash potatoes and gravy with green beans! That lunch was the ! Oh and I also had to beat my friends to my lunch... Sons of bishes! But the PBnJ was pretty good too... Back in Elementary.
Then we filled it out for realz! (we didn't lie then)..
Old 10-21-2007, 08:46 AM   #31
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cc chick View Post
Call me prude and nieve(sp?)...
okay...your prude and naive.

i understand your point that these are 11 year old children, they should be watching my little pony, and having slumber parties, and playing tea party.

but they arent.

they are f*cking little boys...and getting pregnant.

the 26 year old mothers of these 11 year old girls just cant handle being a grandmother yet....think about it for a minute...
Old 10-21-2007, 08:51 AM   #32
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
okay...your prude and naive.

the 26 year old mothers of these 11 year old girls just cant handle being a grandmother yet....think about it for a minute...
Hit the nail on the head there bud! Blame it on society and the school system. You get to high school and they have nurseries at the school, special buses with baby seats, and a revised curriculim for the teenage mothers to prepare them for life (yeah, right).

They get credits for a period a day helping out with the babies.. I mean you loook around and say "how cool, Janie has 2 kids and gets to take home ec and spend two hours a day in the nursery, and the bus picks her up at her house"

Man. When I was in school, if a girl got prego she just kinda disappeared. "She had to go help take care of her ailing aunt" or something.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:03 AM   #33
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Hit the nail on the head there bud! Blame it on society and the school system. You get to high school and they have nurseries at the school, special buses with baby seats, and a revised curriculim for the teenage mothers to prepare them for life (yeah, right).

They get credits for a period a day helping out with the babies.. I mean you loook around and say "how cool, Janie has 2 kids and gets to take home ec and spend two hours a day in the nursery, and the bus picks her up at her house"

Man. When I was in school, if a girl got prego she just kinda disappeared. "She had to go help take care of her ailing aunt" or something.
You're so right on this but then how would the mother get an education? Do you like the old system better than trying to help the mothers out? They did this so that they won't drop out and HOPEFULLY they won't get pregnant again and finish school.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #34
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
Ha! If I would have played my cards right I could have been a great-grandma by now

I think it was Stuart Smalley who once said, "I'd like to make this world a better place for my children...but not my children's children, because I don't think kids should be having ."

Old 10-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #35
MadseasoN

More and more stupid happening in this country every day.

It's not a school's responsability to hand out medication to students. As for 11 yr olds taking birth control, some argue that it helps to regulate their cycles. Personally I'm against BC for teenagers. I feel that it gives them the impression that they're 'safe' as long as they're taking it. You can still end up with a pregnancy or worse yet some nasty STD.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:29 PM   #36
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

thats fkn grossss... my niece is 10 and 3 kids in her 5-6 grade classes have gottin prego and now are preteen mothers, its just sad. i meen maybe BC is a GOOD idea for some kids cause kids are fkn younger n younger now a days gross to think of, but its life and this is happining in the REAL world
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:35 PM   #37
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

It still requires parental permission. What is the problem? The amount of chemicals and hormones children are ingesting now days has severly haltered there bodies but, making contraceptives available with parental consent is a no no?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:41 PM   #38
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i remember those times... 6th grade... i'm 11!!!! and i can remember at least 5 of the 60 guys in my grade had playboy centerfolds posted on the inside of thier lockers. i had one girl want to sleep with me that was in 7th grade... i had barely made out with a girl by then!!!! if i had to bet on it, i woul dbet that by the end of my 8th grade year, ok still 13 years old, that half of my peers had had , there was only 60 in my class. and thinking about 6th grade again... that is before puberty for a lot of guys... how the do you get that little thing in the hole!!!
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:44 PM   #39
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

i rather put a child on BC rather, me a parent have to support a child that is not mine, at 11 u can not work so that leaves the parents of the kid or the grand mother of the new child or the goverment to support this kid, i rather pay so much money a month for a pill then to have to support somethin that i had nothin to do with. not every kid is goin to tell thier parent that they r having at 11. so its take the chance and get ur kid on BC or take the chance that ur child will be honest and actually tell u they r having ... but when will they tell u, when they saY hey im prego??
Old 10-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #40
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i remember those times... 6th grade... i'm 11!!!! and i can remember at least 5 of the 60 guys in my grade had playboy centerfolds posted on the inside of thier lockers. i had one girl want to sleep with me that was in 7th grade... i had barely made out with a girl by then!!!! if i had to bet on it, i woul dbet that by the end of my 8th grade year, ok still 13 years old, that half of my peers had had , there was only 60 in my class. and thinking about 6th grade again... that is before puberty for a lot of guys... how the do you get that little thing in the hole!!!
that was back in the 60's we r talkin now a days lol jk

Advertisement