MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2007, 08:08 AM   #1
AWD
Cruise'n

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'06 600rr

Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
Christus Nun Run 10-20-07

http://www.christusfoundation.org/?nd=nun_run07

Not sure if ya'll would be intersted and it's somewhat short notice, but their is a chairty ride going on this weekend on saturday. All the info is in the link. Last year I rode with my brother in law. Their is usually a big turnout but I won't lie, I was 1 of 2 sport bikes there lol

Its bascially a 50 mile ride to galveston w/ police escourt that ends with a lunch and award. $35 donation a rider and you get a little baggy with some small items (vest pin/bandana etc). Hope some will go for the cause.

Quote:

regular logo

CHRISTUS Foundation for HealthCare, on behalf of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word and the Retreads Motorcycle Club, is excited to announce the 2007 Nun Run! The Run benefits the children of CHRISTUS Southwest Community Health Center. This year marks the third annual event and is scheduled for Saturday, October 20, 2007.
The Run will start at Villa de Matel (the Sisters’ Convent) with breakfast and motorcycle rides with the Sisters. It will conclude at Fisherman’s Wharf at Galveston with a live band, lunch and the presentation of awards.

Through your generous support, more than $75,000 was raised last year. As a result of your contributions the clinic:

Was able to host more than 450 children with their families for the annual Christmas party, including a $10 gift for each child and a $20 gift certificate for each family.
The Clinic is helping more than 300 children with back to school supplies, uniforms etc.
And a healthy kids program will start this September with an ongoing education and support group for children with special nutritional needs.
Without your donations, CHRISTUS Southwest Community Health Center would not have been able to undertake these projects that have benefited so many children and their families in Southwest Houston.

This year the Sisters and the Retreads will dedicate the Nun Run to Wesley David Beverly, a member of the Retreads who volunteered his time and talent to make the first two Nun Runs successful. Dave, a highly regarded NASA engineer, was tragically killed this year. He will be missed.

Attached you will find a registration form for those who would like to ride and a sponsorship form for those who would like to provide financial support. All funds raised will benefit the children and families at CHRISTUS Southwest Community Health Center.

Thank you for your support. If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Karen Chitty-Boe at 713-652-3100.

To send in form, please fill out forms and send
PO Box 1919

to CHRISTUS Foundation for Health Care
Houston, TX 77251
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pyrofallout Video From 10-20-10 Bingo Night The Irish Mick Events, Meets and Rides 10 10-22-2010 02:53 PM
Weds Nights Stunts 10/20/10 ride-red Stunters Lounge 2 10-19-2010 11:57 AM
Luck's Rod Run 1-10-10 Spiderman Events, Meets and Rides 2 01-09-2010 12:55 PM
OnBoard Footage for TTD TWS (Texas World Speedway) 07/19 - 07/20 dankston Taking it to the Track 35 07-24-2008 05:01 PM
5/20/07 QUARTER ANNUAL RUN 100+ BIKES SOFAR tj_superman Events, Meets and Rides 6 05-13-2007 12:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Where is the starting point for this run.. where is this southwest health center at.???

ok where is Villa de Matel.. which side of houston is it on.

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?

Last edited by Gixxer Geezer; 10-18-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:04 AM   #3
AWD
Cruise'n

Bike(s):
'06 600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer View Post
Where is the starting point for this run.. where is this southwest health center at.???

ok where is Villa de Matel.. which side of houston is it on.
6510 Lawndale St
Houston, TX 77023

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...5785&z=14&om=1
Old 10-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #4
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Thanks... you going???

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:03 AM   #5
AWD
Cruise'n

Bike(s):
'06 600rr

yes sir

riding with my bro-n-law and his bud.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:42 AM   #6
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

sorry, I cant make it, previous plans own me.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #7
AWD
Cruise'n

Bike(s):
'06 600rr

bump for tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #8
AWD
Cruise'n

Bike(s):
'06 600rr

Just FYI, the ride was a total success. The Christus foundation raised over $90,000. Mattress Mac even made an appearence before the ride. Over 180 bikes (and like...4 sports bikes including myself lol ). It was definatly quite a site to look behind me and see over a mile of bikes being escourted on the freeways during such beautiful weather. Definatly got alot of looks from bystanders.

Well, hope some of ya'll can make it out next year.

Advertisement