MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
Metzzen1
Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
srad gix 6

Send a message via AIM to Metzzen1
Help me design a (hypothetical) business

Accounting project. Gotta draw up plans for a business. naturally id like to do a bike business if i have to. We will say its a retail store plus metric bike service center.

What would the following estimates be:

space required for operation:

start up cash flow:

Equipment cost: (this would be like tools)

merchandise value on hand: (stuff thats for sale)

Monthly Cash flow: (in and out)

Employee Payout:

Taxas:

Insurance value: (value of assets)

Liabilities: (debt)

basically anything that has to do with the cost of running a business would help me ALOT. I have 2 weeks to do this so im not really in a time crunch but I was just hopin you guys could give me a little heads up or maybe links as to where i could look at stuff like this.

if someone had a business and didnt want this in the open, feel free to pm it to me and ill keep in in this project only

You wouldn't necessarily have to have a BIKE business, any help would be appreciated. I do need to have realistic numbers tho so if you work in the bike industry and know real number, please don't fib. My grade depends on it (of course ill research your answers before submitting my project)
Metzzen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Graphic design / Logo design HoustonRealtor Off Topic 1 06-05-2013 03:31 PM
If you own a business or work in a business that sells to the public.... cedestech Off Topic 10 05-23-2012 10:13 AM
Hypothetical question anatram The Circus 50 07-13-2011 04:51 PM
BUSINESS WEBSITE/LOGO/BUSINESS CARDS HELP!!!! Nightster Ridester Off Topic 13 09-06-2010 04:05 PM
HYPOTHETICAL question about 2 fire truck wreck zampano Off Topic 11 03-31-2009 02:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2007, 05:58 PM   #2
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Do your own homework!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:05 PM   #3
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzzen1 View Post
Accounting project. Gotta draw up plans for a business. naturally id like to do a bike business if i have to. We will say its a retail store plus metric bike service center.

What would the following estimates be:

space required for operation:

start up cash flow:

Equipment cost: (this would be like tools)

merchandise value on hand: (stuff thats for sale)

Monthly Cash flow: (in and out)

Employee Payout:

Taxas:

Insurance value: (value of assets)

Liabilities: (debt)

basically anything that has to do with the cost of running a business would help me ALOT. I have 2 weeks to do this so im not really in a time crunch but I was just hopin you guys could give me a little heads up or maybe links as to where i could look at stuff like this.

if someone had a business and didnt want this in the open, feel free to pm it to me and ill keep in in this project only

You wouldn't necessarily have to have a BIKE business, any help would be appreciated. I do need to have realistic numbers tho so if you work in the bike industry and know real number, please don't fib. My grade depends on it (of course ill research your answers before submitting my project)

It's just a hypothetical answer to your hypothethical business scenerio.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #4
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #5
Metzzen1
Crazy Member

Bike(s):
srad gix 6

well thanks for all the help guys....

dont worry ill be doing all my own homework but i wanted to get a general idea before i actually start on my research. If my total bills equals over $500,000 then i have to do a different format so i just dont want to start with this thinkin i can do it one way, only to find out later than i need to do it in a different format.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
Metzzen1
Crazy Member

Bike(s):
srad gix 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
I'd love to help, but I've always just jumped right into my businesses. They've worked out. Im not rich, but it sure beats working a 9-5iver.
what type of business are you in? When you say just jumped into it, you had to have come sort of start up cost, i mean unless your simply selling knowledge.....or your body
Old 10-16-2007, 06:20 PM   #7
level5
moving chicane

On a serious note, let's start location of business. Rent is about $3000 for 2500 sf building. Renovation, equipment, display cases, tools, signs $50k or more depending on what you want it look like, new equipment, tools, and display cases will be double. Inventory for sales and service, $50K. Employees, about 3 plus yourself for start. Employees payroll minus yourself $6k. Business insurance $250/month. Liability depends on your employees and you, in monetary value what you borrow is what you owed plus all the expense of keep a business running. How much cash flow is up to you and varies depending on location, season, and tactics. Everyone in business is always shooting for a real high number but what if you don't meet it? Imagine that is needed to start. If you don't have cash in hand for the rainy days in business, you will fail and be closed for sure.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:22 PM   #8
Metzzen1
Crazy Member

Bike(s):
srad gix 6

thats the idea level5(thanks alot), anyone else care to add?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:23 PM   #9
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
If my total bills equals over $500,000 then i have to do a different format so i just dont want to start with this thinkin i can do it one way, only to find out later than i need to do it in a different format.
It's hypothetical, you can fudge the numbers to make it work in the format you want to use.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:25 PM   #10
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

Old 10-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #11
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
Well, yea I figure out if it will be worth my time, but in the end there is no gauarantee if its going to work or not so you have to just give it a try you know. If you fail, you fail.

I started selling cars 4 years ago. In the beginning was great money, but when gas hit $3 a gallon, my profit shrunk. Just have to take the hit. Of course, I only deal with cash cars for quicker turns, but Im sure if you have the capital to buy the higher end cars, you'll make more money.

Plus, I opened up the concession stand up at Track 21. Wasnt much. Gave me an extra $500 a weekend. I probablly spent $100 a weekend on food and of course my time to work there.

I still want to open up my sportbike rental, but I just haven't had the time or money. I did a year ago, but got scared to open it.

Not true. Done it and lost.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #12
Metzzen1
Crazy Member

Bike(s):
srad gix 6

How would one go about getting on a suppliers wholesale list? Another part of teh project (not due in two week but in 4) is to get prices for our merchandise and make a "fo price sheet" where we have to show actual cost, selling price, and profit per product, overhead to be calculated later
Old 10-16-2007, 06:52 PM   #13
Metzzen1
Crazy Member

Bike(s):
srad gix 6

whats track 21?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #14
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
How would one go about getting on a suppliers wholesale list? Another part of teh project (not due in two week but in 4) is to get prices for our merchandise and make a "fo price sheet" where we have to show actual cost, selling price, and profit per product, overhead to be calculated later
find the product that you are/want to sell and contact vendor or distributor.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:35 AM   #15
gixxerbill

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
A friend of mine had to show them(suppliers) by pics that he was a bike shop.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #16
wlgorman

Bike(s):
'06 CBR600RR

dont you have to have a wholesale license?

dont have much input here for you bro but it sucks that you cant get real answers instead of 'do your own homework'...I wish people like that would keep it to themselves...

defeat
wlgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:00 PM   #17
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

Advertisement