MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Wreckless Driving

If anyone has any experience/knowlegde to share about wreckless driving charges/ defense strategies/ punishment, etc. please lemme know, or PM if you'd rather.

Gracias,
Austin

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Defensive Driving Bevo Off Topic 7 02-27-2012 05:34 AM
Driving - Right or Privilege ? Solracer Off Topic 40 04-18-2011 07:52 PM
Who needs to take Defensive Driving?? spyderryder Off Topic 41 09-04-2009 01:05 PM
driving skills chasee69 General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 11-15-2008 01:35 AM
thats driving! RACER X Off Topic 6 02-22-2008 12:25 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Uh oh.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
level5
moving chicane

Been there, you can accept it and pay for the fine and do community service or get a lawyer to fight it and drop it to speeding charges.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:56 PM   #4
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
If anyone has any experience/knowlegde to share about wreckless driving charges/ defense strategies/ punishment, etc. please lemme know, or PM if you'd rather.

Gracias,
Austin

Start with STOP FREAKING DRIVING WRECKLESS and you wont have to worry about this kind of stuff.

Not saying this was you but a quick story..

So I was driving home from Houston the other day and I must of seen atleast 3 sets of bikes FLY past me and dangerous speeds and I got so ****ing . WHY? Because they were obviously driving unsafe and I had my wife and kids with me in the truck. Nothing me off more then someone putting my family at risk of being hurt.. To many riders forget that if they **** up and go down it could cause so many other people to wreck and get hurt.. Just me off..

Smack That
SacKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:57 PM   #5
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

speeding wreckless? get an attorney, thats going to be your best bet
Old 10-15-2007, 01:00 PM   #6
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUSTONDUC View Post
speeding wreckless? get an attorney, thats going to be your best bet
Not sure if your first comment was for me.. But yeah speeding can be wreckless..

Smack That
SacKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #7
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Been there done that, they made an example outta me cheaper just to pay the fine and go on........ Pay an lawyer and it still boils down to whether or not they are drinking buddies my 2 cents
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:05 PM   #8
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

My experience with Reckless Driving:

lawyered up and then:
  • dropped from class B to class C.
  • i think it was about 100 hours of CS
  • 6 months probation
  • various state required examinations
  • fine waved
  • required to wear an ankle monitor

if i can think of anything else that i had to do i'll let ya know.

just kidding about the ankle monitor.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:07 PM   #9
AznGoneNuts

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
06 R6

Send a message via AIM to AznGoneNuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post

lawyered up and then:
  • 6 months probation
  • fine waved

n/m i had to edit the ankle monitor till i read the last part
Old 10-15-2007, 01:10 PM   #10
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I've got a kick- lawyer who works pro-bono () but I was wondering if anyone else had had their charges pleaded down.

I got pulled over on 59 on the way to Corpus. I was keeping it at what I think is a pretty moderate pace - under 100. Apaprently the dep. sheriff didn't see it that way.

he said that he clocked me at 96 and that he had been trying to catch up with me for 20 MILES! I know that that's impossible, because he would have had to have been driving pretty slowly to take that long to catch up to me.

I actually chatted with the cop on the side of the highway for awhile before he said he was taking me in - up until that point I was ready to take my ticket and be on my way.

**remember Super Troopers where the cop asks the kids at the beginning, "where are you kids headed?" "we're going over to Canada for some french fries and gravy." "Canda huh, almost made it." -- that's pretty much what he told me about Corpus.**

The cop told me that he couldn't let me go because he had already been "hyping up" chasing me on the radio.

I've had a couple of tickets for WELL over 100 (from DPS at that)

I don't really mind having this on my record, my days of applying to law school and such are behind me, but I don't want to lose my CHL. (confiscated my brand new pistol)

Had to pay $300+ for bond and another $400!!!! to get my bike out of impound. I imagine the wrecker fee was so high because he had to tow my bike almost two (2) miles.

I did get put into the regular county jail population instead of the overnight drunk tank, so I got to meet lots of interesting people and play dominoes all night.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #11
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:

lawyered up and then:
  • 6 months probation
  • fine waved

I was like,

Old 10-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #12
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
I've got a kick- lawyer who works pro-bono () but I was wondering if anyone else had had their charges pleaded down.

I got pulled over on 59 on the way to Corpus. I was keeping it at what I think is a pretty moderate pace - under 100. Apaprently the dep. sheriff didn't see it that way.

he said that he clocked me at 96 and that he had been trying to catch up with me for 20 MILES! I know that that's impossible, because he would have had to have been driving pretty slowly to take that long to catch up to me.

I actually chatted with the cop on the side of the highway for awhile before he said he was taking me in - up until that point I was ready to take my ticket and be on my way.

**remember Super Troopers where the cop asks the kids at the beginning, "where are you kids headed?" "we're going over to Canada for some french fries and gravy." "Canda huh, almost made it." -- that's pretty much what he told me about Corpus.**

The cop told me that he couldn't let me go because he had already been "hyping up" chasing me on the radio.

I don't really mind having this on my record, my days of applying to law school and such are behind me, but I don't want to lose my CHL. (confiscated my brand new pistol)

Had to pay $300+ for bond and another $400!!!! to get my bike out of impound. I imagine the wrecker fee was so high because he had to tow my bike almost two (2) miles.

I did get put into the regular county jail population instead of the overnight drunk tank, so I got to meet lots of interesting people and play dominoes all night.
Wow 20 miles you are my hero I thought that this was going to be about lane splitting Oh and Good luck bro did your bike have any damage after the towing?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #13
level5
moving chicane

Quote:

either the cops is doing speed limit or he cut you a slack by giving citing you 96mph instead of 1xxmph.

Get a lawyer and you can reduced it to just speeding but that takes time and money. Better than having a record and insurance won't be happy to find out that they insured someone wreckless.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:21 PM   #14
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
Wow 20 miles you are my hero I thought that this was going to be about lane splitting Oh and Good luck bro did your bike have any damage after the towing?

No damage. I was worried about the wrecker just dragging it up on the truck, but like I said, I was really getting along with the cop and he made sure to have the wrecker driver take care of the bike.

The wrecker driver did say that it took him forever to figure out why the bike would die whenever he put it in gear to drive it into the yard.

Kickstand.

He said, "yeah, my Harley'll just drag the kickstand around!"

Oh, and if you ever get arrested in Jackson County, be sure and use Pro Bonding. The owner is drop dead! But it's hard to hit on someone when you're introduction is, "ok, so what are you charged with."

Old 10-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #15
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
either the cops is doing speed limit or he cut you a slack by giving citing you 96mph instead of 1xxmph.

Get a lawyer and you can reduced it to just speeding but that takes time and money. Better than having a record and insurance won't be happy to find out that they insured someone wreckless.
He had me on a radar at 96 - that's about what I was doing most of the way, save for traffic. there's no way he was "catching up" for 20 miles. That just made it a little easier for him to justify hauling me in.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #16
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

btw, no increase has been made to my insurance. it's not even on my driving record.

I also had to take a defensive driving class. forgot that.

it can also be easily expunged. and , a class C is the same thing as a 5 over speeding ticket.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #17
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
btw, no increase has been made to my insurance. it's not even on my driving record.

I also had to take a defensive driving class. forgot that.

it can also be easily expunged. and , a class C is the same thing as a 5 over speeding ticket.
I sent a pm, but what did you have it knocked down to?

And that seems like a LOT of CS for a class C misdemeanor. CS scares me worse than fines.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #18
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

i would have rather paid the fines than doing CS..it might have been less than 100 hours...maybe 50...even though CS was easy too, cuz i got put into a school mopping floors and sweeping, and cleaning windows for adults from mexico or spanish speaking to learn english. the only downside is i didnt know what anyone was saying to me.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:36 PM   #19
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

lawyer up, and i doubt your free lawyer is gonna drive down there, so you'll prolly have to find somebody locally.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:46 PM   #20
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

My lawyer is a really good friend of the family. He usually does criminal defense for big felony drug cases in South Texas, so this is his backyard - even if it is a little beneath him. Many, many years ago, I got popped for P.O.M. I had about a joints worth on me that I'd forgotten about. He was my lawyer, and when I first went into his office he asked me, "so, how much did you have?" I said, "about two grams." He said, "two pounds! That's not too bad, I can get that knocked down to misdemeanor possession." I said, "no, not two pounds, two grams!" He said, "oh, , let me make a call." That was the end of that.

Back on the WD charge, I sure don't mind paying to play, I never about speeding tickets and if I got caught in a wheelie I'd be OK with a WD charge.

But in this case I think it's totally blown out of proportion.

Advertisement