Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2007, 12:09 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

just a mtn bike now...

Send a message via AIM to SVmike
tank grip - techspec snake skin?

Anybody used or heard anything about techspec snake skin?
Wishing I hadn't sold my bike
SVmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
grip/tank pad material Truckin_Thumper General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 08-26-2013 01:04 PM
Techspec tank grip Chris_5.0 General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 02-26-2013 11:13 AM
Tank Grip !!! Cornerjunkie General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 05-11-2011 07:48 AM
1 skin, 2 skin, 3 skin, foreskin..... Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 6 09-07-2008 09:15 PM
Old 10-14-2007, 01:50 AM   #2
Feedback Rating: (0)

The snake skin looks like the stomp grip that I use on my GSXR (and that I've used on all my bikes). I love it and will continue to buy it for whatever bikes I own. I've had friends that thought it looked goofy or uncomfortable but were sold after one spin on my my bike. It takes soo much stress off your arms on long rides because you can use your knees and legs and lower body much more actively... and it allows the rider more confidence in leaning the bike over, because you can literally hang off the bike with only one knee being gripped by the stomp grip. The stompgrip is clear too, which looks better to my eyes than the black snake sin. I don't know if stompgrip's adhesive is releaseable but other than that they look pretty much the same.
I order my stomp grip from chaparral motorsports online but a lot of other places carry it and you can usually buy it at trackside vendors at bike races too.
Country roads, take me home, to the place I belong
West Virginia mountain mama, country roads, take me home.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote