MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 10:42 PM   #421
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
Just got home from the trackday in Cresson. I was mentally unable to ride so I just cornerworked all day.

If a FEW people would like to meet up either Sat or Sun AM I will be more than happy to lead a little ride there for signing of the cross and pryers. I would not mind leading a small group out there since I have not been since the accident. PM me if interested and day of availablity.

In speaking with Jet, some of us will be meeting up to discuss a REAL MEMORIAL ride to happen around the weekend of Nov 3rd and 4th. We want this ride planned out very well and to include all his biker and car friends. Matty was a very popular person with the car industry as well.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RIP Mkgsxr RIP Morvegil Renzo Off Topic 60 02-16-2012 11:12 PM
Yankee r6 sticker at loop central JRxGRUBZx Off Topic 29 01-09-2009 12:16 AM
HAPPY B-DAY Yankee (Matt) JonEric0430 Off Topic 20 12-02-2008 02:14 PM
RIP Matt Palmer iRIDEsolo General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 05-01-2008 11:05 AM
Our very own Yankee JonEric0430 Off Topic 80 08-07-2007 02:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2007, 11:04 PM   #422
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Wow, I haven't been on MH for a few days and to come here and see this is horrible... I never met Matt, just spoke with him through the website. What a tragedy.

Rest in peace bro...

That's far too many MHers gone down this year.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:28 PM   #423
1FastMF

Member Garage

What to say ????? Should make my heart smile seeing the outpour of positive comments posted from sooooo many people about Matt but unfortunately it doesn't...just makes the sadness worse. Truly a tremendous loss !!!! Going to miss u Matt and always wanting to go eat !!! I'm sorry but I will not be attending the viewing, the funeral or any rides. Matt I'm with you in spirit as you are with me. bless u fine sir !!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:02 AM   #424
Bug-Slapper

Bike(s):
Suzuki GSXR-1000K5

R.I.P. YankeeR6. You will be missed by a lot of forum members. You was always willing to organize rides for everyone to come and enjoy themselves. It was an honor to meet you in my lifetime. You gave me hope that goodness still exists in people. I know you are with .
Old 10-16-2007, 07:23 AM   #425
02 rvt-RC51
Senior Member rc rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2002 rc51 rvt

Send a message via AIM to 02 rvt-RC51
I love having you as a Friend i will miss you forever but we shale meet again
Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 AM   #426
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Rest in Peace dude and my prayers go out to your family.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #427
The Menace
We Fly HI

Bike(s):
CR250,CR450,Kx125 Fmx out, and 2 50's 1 real 1 knock off

RIP BROTHER.. not the new u wana here when u get abck intown
The Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #428
KoolinDuc

Bike(s):
Ducati 749, Harley V-Rod Black Beauty Custom

I never met Yankee in person but I feel like I already known him. He had replied to my posts and always has a positive outlook. R.I.P Matt... You will be missed.

ResizedPicture002 1
KoolinDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:21 PM   #429
02 rvt-RC51
Senior Member rc rider

Bike(s):
2002 rc51 rvt

Send a message via AIM to 02 rvt-RC51
we will all miss you
Old 10-16-2007, 11:26 PM   #430
J-Row
Gold MemberŪ

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)

RIP Buddy
PGR #121546
J-Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:31 PM   #431
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
Yankee's wake....

There was such a massive turn out I am not sure the family realized how many lives Matt touched. I walked into the room a couple of time before I had the nerve to walk up and say my last good byes. Thank you Candy, Brena and Sooz for going up there with me.
Matt you family is just as wonderful as you were. I will never forget the words I heard come out of your sisters mouth, "It's so hard to be sad right now when the room is full of this much love." So true. When I finally got a chance to calm down and talk to Arturo he said last he checked a little over 200 people had signe the book.
Many tears fell and many laughes were heard when you heard people talk about Matt tonight. When Jet gave me a hug when he first walked in his whole body was shaking, when DBuck gave us girls a hug he broke down, and when Clyde showed me his tattoo he just got, I broke down!!! Matt you are truely loved by many, and will NEVER be forgotten.
Thank you to all who made it out, I think it made it a little easier on the family knowing this many people were honestly touched by their well raised son!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:34 PM   #432
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolinDuc View Post
I never met Yankee in person but I feel like I already known him. He had replied to my posts and always has a positive outlook. R.I.P Matt... You will be missed.
Same here. RIP and my condolences to all of his friends and family...
Old 10-16-2007, 11:43 PM   #433
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

great turn out. matts mom could not belive how many friends he had here.

i checked again and it was close to 250 people that signed the book if my math was right at 20 names per page and about 13 pages. i know some didnt realize there was one there because of the amount of people walking around it.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:49 PM   #434
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

I regret not being able to make it but to drive from Huntsville then back then back again in the AM was not fathomable with classes, etc. I will be there tomorrow and hopefully the turnout will be equally, if not more, *amazing*. It really is just awesome that he touched so many lives, I'm sure it made his family proud.

~Keith
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:15 AM   #435
MagnaMan
Peg Scraper

Bike(s):
99 Honda Magna

I won't be there tomorrow but I was glad I was able to make it tonight. The turnout was amazing. Matty's poor Mom was so happy and sad all at the same time and his father was so nice. My heart goes out to his family.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:17 AM   #436
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

I was very happy to pay my respects to his family. I still can't believe out of all the crazy bikers I know. A safe rider like Matt is taken instead. I'm just shocked. His family is very pleased to know how much his son is loved.
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 AM   #437
Stacy
One day at a time!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

I made it all the way out there, not until almost 8. There was still a ton of cars and people outside. Unfortunately I'm ashamed to admit that even after the long drive there I choked up and couldn't bring myself to park or even go in. I guess I just wasn't prepared to go inside and say goodbye. I know that I wasn't nearly as close a friend with him as some people, but there was something about him that I felt connected with and comfortable with. I will never forget him and all the wonderful qualities he possessed. I do plan on attending the funeral and preparing myself for the overwhelming feeling of awe at all the love and admiration that so many people have for him. For all his friends, family, and those who were with him Saturday, my heart goes out to you during this time.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:24 AM   #438
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

I wish I could of made it tonight or tomorrow. its good to hear about such a turn out. RIP mang.....
Old 10-17-2007, 12:28 AM   #439
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marishka29 View Post
I made it all the way out there, not until almost 8. There was still a ton of cars and people outside. Unfortunately I'm ashamed to admit that even after the long drive there I choked up and couldn't bring myself to park or even go in. I guess I just wasn't prepared to go inside and say goodbye. I know that I wasn't nearly as close a friend with him as some people, but there was something about him that I felt connected with and comfortable with. I will never forget him and all the wonderful qualities he possessed. I do plan on attending the funeral and preparing myself for the overwhelming feeling of awe at all the love and admiration that so many people have for him. For all his friends, family, and those who were with him Saturday, my heart goes out to you during this time.
thank you.

if you need support, ill be there along his other friends. we are getting through this by leaning on each other.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:29 AM   #440
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd View Post
great turn out. matts mom could not belive how many friends he had here.

i checked again and it was close to 250 people that signed the book if my math was right at 20 names per page and about 13 pages. i know some didnt realize there was one there because of the amount of people walking around it.

I went for a while, but didn't sign the book. . . I didn't go inside though. I, just like many of you, have GREAT memories of Matt, and prefer them that way, not seeing him laying down. When my day comes, I can only hope half as many people show up to pay their respects, as there were more people than I have ever seen at any other at his viewing. It didn't really hit me he was gone until tonight. A few of us went out and celebrated his life after we left, and for the first time on the way home, I shed a tear. I'm really gonna miss him and his sneaky camera.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement