Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2007, 02:58 PM   #21
Seth
F T W

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
sixsevenfive

Send a message via AIM to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONIMOLAP.R View Post
so let me guess nothing happend 2 the drunk driver?
I'm sure he's A-OK. They usually come out without a scratch.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raise your hand if you have been the victim of a hit and run. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 04-25-2011 01:59 PM
Hit and Run Victim, Me NewRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 145 04-21-2011 06:26 PM
Funeral set for hit & run victim mattj1094 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 05-07-2008 04:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2007, 04:05 PM   #22
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drojas324 View Post
What I would have done was slash his tires. You might have got in trouble for it(less trouble then beating his A$$ but hey at least you would've kept the guy from driving off.
I did think about it..

This guy was a serious danger to society. At one point so was I, cause there was no way in the guy was gonna get away from me after all that bullsh1t. I must have chased him for 10-15mins down bwy8 (going REALLY fast) and im sure he was giving his truck everything it had but I was not giving up. He managed to blow through 2-3 red lights (with me doing eveything I could to stop and look first) and was passing cars on the shoulder and everything.

At one point we went down a wet road im sure he was thinking that i would lose it.. NOPE sorry A$$hole I aint going down that easy.. then he tried to pull a u-turn and get this. He actually loses control of his vehicle. Jumps the curb multiple times fish-tailing and ends up sideways blocking the whole road... headlights hanging out of the front and truck stalled. I hung way back cause this guy was dangerous and very drunk. He manages to get it started before I had the idea to jump off and get him and the chase was on again. So we continue on with him now turning down a few more roads and ending up headed down the wrong side of john ralston road and eventualy coming to a turn where he stopped in the middle of the road. He hesitated for a min and I was ready to be driving up the curb cause it flashed in my eyes that he might try to go head-on with me. Luckily he just kept going straigh and made some more turns like he knew where he was going and pulled into a driveway.

The street was a could-a-sac(sp?) so we stopped and the end and my mind was racing.. What if he had a gun/weapons etc??? So we decided to stay backed off. I should have -rushed him before he could get out and beat his munky- but there were too many if's..

We got the address & street name and headed back to hmp (WHO WERE LESS THAN HELPFUL & COULD EVEN GIVE A WITH THERE SH1TTY RENT-A-COP LOSER!!) and waited for hpd. We led them to the house. Low and behold the truck was gone.. and so was all our hope. U can bet your A$$ that I will be stopping by that residence on a regular basis though. I just dont know if it was his place or just random.. Thats what sucks.

Just wish I would grabbed his keys out of his truck before I said anything about getting that worthless-no-good POS rent-a-cop basterd.
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #23
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

That sux guys, im sorry to hear this, if u need anything let me know, i,ll be happy to help take care of this guy for u at least ur purdy much ok, coulda been worse, prolly wasent his house tho, did he go inside? or just park in the driveway?
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #24
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
That sux guys, im sorry to hear this, if u need anything let me know, i,ll be happy to help take care of this guy for u at least ur purdy much ok, coulda been worse, prolly wasent his house tho, did he go inside? or just park in the driveway?
Thanks for that, but I didnt get close enough to see if he did. I really didnt wanna find out if he had a weapon cause I didnt have anything.. I realize though that we did everything wrong. From the very begining..

When he first hit cali he started to back up and I ran in front of his truck and point at the ground and yelled.. He stopped and got out. I could ended it right there and laid him out flat and waited for LEO to come. Or just grabbed his keys. My mind was racing and all I could think was go find the cop! Lotta good that did. :/:

Plus the cop that ended up helping us pretty much said the same thing. Detain them anyway u can (including bodily harm) and he said he would work it into the story that he was fighting us.. lol Gotta love some of them LEO's
Old 10-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #25
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStar954r View Post
Thanks for that, but I didnt get close enough to see if he did. I really didnt wanna find out if he had a weapon cause I didnt have anything.. I realize though that we did everything wrong. From the very begining..

When he first hit cali he started to back up and I ran in front of his truck and point at the ground and yelled.. He stopped and got out. I could ended it right there and laid him out flat and waited for LEO to come. Or just grabbed his keys. My mind was racing and all I could think was go find the cop! Lotta good that did. :/:

Plus the cop that ended up helping us pretty much said the same thing. Detain them anyway u can (including bodily harm) and he said he would work it into the story that he was fighting us.. lol Gotta love some of them LEO's
U know they say hindsight is 20/20, cant blame urself, im a big believer in karma, hopefully he will be found, i can understand about the weapon deal, drunk ****er, get wats coming to him, at least the damage to bike and Matt arent too bad, right? ****in useless security cop, sure will hassle you if they want but when it comes to any real help he was ****ing useless, sorry
Old 10-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #26
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
^^^^ report wasn't filed yet, estimated with paint by cop and tech was close to 6k but I think that's well over estimated. The paint would be the most expensive part to match.

So, what is one to do with no mufflers and cracked body panels?

BANDAIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thu mb:
IMAGE 030
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:23 PM   #27
camaroz2866

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

i have some "chrome" fram sliders ill sell u pretty cheap if u want them pm me and all give u my number or u can just come up to the shop "Motorcycles Unlimited" on tues-sat and get them.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:49 PM   #28
ar1300

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
05 hayabusa
125cc dirt bike
50cc cag dirt bike

glad your okay. sux about the busa. looks like you had a clean bike.
ar1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:18 AM   #29
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

I still think its clean; not one for looks so its all good, once I figure out how to soften the exhaust tone with some cans.... but the sound is starting to grow on me... but I think not good for bike, my hearing or car alarms everywhere
Old 10-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #30
Trailerdgixx6
Seriously?

Bike(s):
01 GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to Trailerdgixx6
I wish we all could have done something different to keep his on the scene, but unfortunately we all tried to give the benefit of the doubt.... somewhat. Hopefully theres no next time but if there is we'll make sure to give him a skull fracture and keep him barely conscious enough to sign an accident report before he goes to jail......and as for the exhaust, its not that bad sounding I know of someones that was worse. Oh and get some doo band aids for the fairings!
Trailerdgixx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:15 PM   #31
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

coming from a 'trailered gixr 600' who hit a trailer with his gixr 600.....

Ur use to a DandD exhaust.... We ride ahead of you cause we don't wanna hear blah,blah,blah....

And after we replaced your front suspension yesterday, and I drove it, sounded quiet compared to ur header-only uncle Busa
Old 10-14-2007, 09:12 PM   #32
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I have a complete stock exhaust you can use until you get your new pipes.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:17 PM   #33
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

Dang that sucks. I love that paint too.

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:50 AM   #34
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Im only gonna add one more thing. I officially hate HMP and think they are personally responsible for this accident. They could have cared less. In fact earlier that night the asshat the hit cali had a beer bottle fall out of his truck during an 1/8th mile run and that was after he did a burn out from before the waterbox all the way past the tree.

HMP IS RECKLESS AND IRRESPIONSIBLE AND SHOULD HAVE KICKED THIS DRUNK A$$HOLE OUT OF THE TRACK. I think if I were cali I would sue HMP for not keeping there people under control and for letting drunk people run down the 1/8th mile. That place is VERY DANGEROUS AND VERY GHETTO!!

If your a law abbiding citizen then I would reccomend anywhere else before I would go there. Or bring out your big bore guns & plenty of ammo. cause you might get killed in the parking lot & there "security" would prob wouldnt even notice.

I will only be going back to spectate an hope that this moron will someday return. This will prob be the last time that I am a free man if he does.. cause that illegal POS wont be breathing anymore after Im done. I'll prob get away with it though.. There security couldnt save there own a$$

Last edited by Mark06gsxr; 10-15-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #35
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
Just because the police can't press charges, doesn't mean you can't SUE him. You have witnesses.

Just my .02
You have witnesses and a police report. It's cheaper for him to pay for what he messed up than you.
You can file small claims against him and if he doesn't pay, then a Constable can pick up.
Sounds like he needs to learn responsibility for his actions anyway. We can't stay young forever!!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #36
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

I understand how U feel, and agree, thats why I dont run at that track very much, seen some really fuct up things going on there, I,ve even seen lomos with 20 teenagers making a pass, hanging out of the windows and sunroof, very dangerous track IMO. Its really a management problem, HRP doesent play those games, I very surprised that we dont hear more problems about HMP
Old 10-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #37
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Body damage sux. for now I've been riding is as is. Gonna take off the panels that are cracked and either fiberglass or plastiweld the backsides to prevent further cracking.

As for exhaust, gonna find something soon, otherwise I keep riding it with only intermediate pipes on...
Old 10-15-2007, 01:14 PM   #38
GHOSTRIDER

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000>>> sold sold>>> no bike
08 CBR1000RR

i got the stock exhaust off a 2003 busa good shape header and pipes 20.00 bucks you can come get it.
GHOSTRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:25 PM   #39
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Ya, I can find alot of the stock stuff, and at good prices I shouldn't refuse, but i've even thought of a high-mount kit that would fit behind the rear brackets ona lowered bike, just pipes... but gotta find out what thickness and if I can buy or find someone to bend it for me
Old 10-15-2007, 02:00 PM   #40
camaroz2866

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

let me know if u want the "chrome" frame sliders i have

Advertisement