Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 04:50 PM   #101
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Wow... I just read 82 posts - from first to last and my jaw is dropping. Stats this, stickies that, uninsured/underinsured. Jealous rants and spastic hype, but I'm still trying to figure out - Why?

Someone you like/dislike - Did/Did Not - get a sticky or fund raiser? Where should the sticky's/post be posted? If you were the "Friend" why didn't you ask for one? Certainly if the injured party had asked for help something would have been done for them? Accidents are not planned by anyone and are no respector of age, financial situation and/or motorcycle ridden.

PW's get all the love? Maybe it's because they are friendly, outgoing people who chat with you, meet you, have a ready smile or a witty reply and make more friends. (Not to say that people who don't post don't have friends.)

If I go to a M&G and get snubbed by half those attending and welcomed with open arms by the other half, who do you think I will help in their time of need? Don't be ridiculous - I will help those friends who I believe would help me. Human Nature.

Also Human Nature to be jealous of the popular, friendly people. Here's an idea. Can't beat them? JOIN THEM! Get your noses out of the air and your head out of your b*** and get to know more people. Then they will all open their hearts and wallets to support you if and when you need it.

Please stop the insanity. I've been on this site for all of 5 weeks. I've CHATTED with hundreds and MET about a dozen of you. Some of you I already call friend and some of you I hope to call friend.

Cruisers/Metrics = Motorcyclists.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
to the fulmer sponsored casey10 Stunters Lounge 1 04-08-2010 09:01 PM
MH collection fund for evos new plastics 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 11 03-28-2009 10:36 AM
Disney Sponsored MSF class RACER X New Riders and MSF Course Info 4 11-21-2007 09:15 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #102
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfuk View Post
I wouldnt. I'd want yall to leave me the alone. A card would be alright. A fund raiser would embarass me though. That and I dont like being in debt to people. I'd appreciate the effort though.

Thats just me though.
It's a nice gestured but sometimes the persons expect you owed them for life, not my way of living either.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #103
jus10

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfuk View Post
I wouldnt. I'd want yall to leave me the alone. A card would be alright. A fund raiser would embarass me though. That and I dont like being in debt to people. I'd appreciate the effort though.

Thats just me though.
I'm with ya on that.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:52 PM   #104
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

Old 10-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #105
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy"zx6 View Post
what im thinking!!!!... how many of you have lost someone that meant something to you and you lost them and then you think to yourself man i wish i would have done what ever it is you think ,well guess what he is not here no more for you to do that speical thing you wanted, not for nothing but i read here when a tragedy happens and everybody here is posting r.i.p and is like do you really mean it,well let me get to the point i dont want nobody to fell obligated to do nothing they dont want you do what you do because it comes from the hart not to look good in front of others, the help i want to give scott is because i know he needs it and i thank that what happen to him was not worst so if i can do something in life for him i want to do it cuz he earn my respect as a person and a friend, and remenber a friend is with you in good times and in bad times, thats all sorry for the spelling i know i suck
Old 10-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #106
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

I would hope that if I broke my back in a motorcycle accident (yes it is called an accident because no one does it on purpose) that some one would care enough to help me out. Granted I am insured medically, have life insurance to the roof, and have full coverage on a paid for bike, savings, etc but the thought of knowing there are people that care enough to help others out regardless of their financial situation would be enough to make me want to heal up and get well faster.

I haven't met but a handful of people on this site but I would think that they would at least come and see me, send me card, or something. Some people don't need handouts...what they need is support, emotionally, mentally, people around to give a positive environment, and prayer.

Keep in mind too that Scott broke his back... he didn't have a little road rash on his elbow...big difference

I am happy to see people rally behind him and any one else that sustains a life threatening injury on a bike. My .02

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #107
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthHoustonCBR View Post
I would hope that if I broke my back in a motorcycle accident (yes it is called an accident because no one does it on purpose) that some one would care enough to help me out. Granted I am insured medically, have life insurance to the roof, and have full coverage on a paid for bike, savings, etc but the thought of knowing there are people that care enough to help others out regardless of their financial situation would be enough to make me want to heal up and get well faster.

I haven't met but a handful of people on this site but I would think that they would at least come and see me, send me card, or something. Some people don't need handouts...what they need is support, emotionally, mentally, people around to give a positive environment, and prayer.

Keep in mind too that Scott broke his back... he didn't have a little road rash on his elbow...big difference

I am happy to see people rally behind him and any one else that sustains a life threatening injury on a bike. My .02

What I been preaching all day long homie!!! We eye to eye on this one.