MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #61
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91 View Post
Yeah, you're right. Young people ride sport bikes. Sport bikers are uninsured. Sport bikers go down and get injured/killed.

At the same time, older folks ride sport bikes as well. We have PLENTY of them here. I'd bet money that MOST folks here who ride sportbikes ARE insured. Cruisers go down as well and their riders usually end up worse off due to traditionally wearing less gear.

My point was that generalizing that it's the sport bikers who are always uninsured, young, and wrecking is not cool. If I was to stereotype anything, it wouldn't be insured/uninsured, or type of bike. It'd be AGE!

Had I had my Mustang or bike back when I was 16-20, I'd likely have killed myself.
....you are aware that METRIC in the context of Scoots post refers to mfg of the bike? You know. HONDA, Yamaha etc. Ie: Foreign mfg motorcycles.

So Scoots generalization refererred to young riders on foreign mfg motorcycles. How many 'young' harley or Buell riders do we have here that fit within the other criteria stated by Scoot?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
to the fulmer sponsored casey10 Stunters Lounge 1 04-08-2010 09:01 PM
MH collection fund for evos new plastics 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 11 03-28-2009 10:36 AM
Disney Sponsored MSF class RACER X New Riders and MSF Course Info 4 11-21-2007 09:15 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #62
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
agreed 100%, but instead of stickys to clog up the main page, because this is happening all to often, make a section specifically for that organization and setting up of charitable events for people, as she said, its your choice to help or not, lets put em all in one spot that we can visit if we choose and see who needs help with whatever.
I think stinky's for fundraiser's are in good taste for the mods to do. The point is for it to be viewed by all and if it's not stickied then I mean unless the thread is getting whored, it drops to old pages and I for one don't really look past pages 1 and 2 of "New Posts" section.

Sticky's for fundraising for members of the board is good, u don't want to contribute don't look at it!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #63
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. Young people ride sport bikes. Sport bikers are uninsured. Sport bikers go down and get injured/killed.

At the same time, older folks ride sport bikes as well. We have PLENTY of them here. I'd bet money that MOST folks here who ride sportbikes ARE insured. Cruisers go down as well and their riders usually end up worse off due to traditionally wearing less gear.

My point was that generalizing that it's the sport bikers who are always uninsured, young, and wrecking is not cool. If I was to stereotype anything, it wouldn't be insured/uninsured, or type of bike. It'd be AGE!

Had I had my Mustang or bike back when I was 16-20, I'd likely have killed myself.
the POINT that MATTERS here is that this is a SPORTBIKE community for the most part. Thats the data I was mentioning.
I never said the old farts on harleys with doo rags never go down, the fact is, they are not on our site and mostly its sportbikes and the riders ARE YOUNG and it seems that some/most DO NOT carry insurance, it seems that most of them do ride wheelies in traffic, most of them do speed and brag about it openly here, most of them dont even have current registration or inspection and brag about it openly here. All of this on this one moto site, dont act like its not true.
Quit getting angry and pay attention to what you read.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ScooterTrash; 10-11-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #64
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
I think stinky's for fundraiser's are in good taste for the mods to do. The point is for it to be viewed by all and if it's not stickied then I mean unless the thread is getting whored, it drops to old pages and I for one don't really look past pages 1 and 2 of "New Posts" section.

Sticky's for fundraising for members of the board is good, u don't want to contribute don't look at it!
point was that as often as its (accidents) happening, there would be a half page of stickys at the top, , probably more.

somebody that cares should do some quick research and come up with some fallen rider numbers for this site alone in the past year. probably a scary number indeed.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #65
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
point was that as often as its (accidents) happening, there would be a half page of stickys at the top, , probably more.

somebody that cares should do some quick research and come up with some fallen rider numbers for this site alone in the past year. probably a scary number indeed.
Like u said it's worth setting up a "Fallen Rider/Benefits" section and space won't be a problem.

We can't stop the accidents dude, people are gonna ride the way THEY wanna ride and if they go down so be it, WE ALL ARE TAKING THE SAME CHANCES, no matter how SAFE u or anyone else for that matter claims they are, we all have the same philosophy on bikes... is gonna happen.

And when it does, I would like to be able to use MH as a means of communication for my friends to support me in any way they can, whether it be well wishes, fundraising or whatever!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #66
Blue91

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
it's not really generalizing when most of the riders going down and are uninsured are sportbikers. how many thread have we seen just on this board where people say my bike was stolen and i didn't have insurnace.
Please provide stats before you say "most".

Just b/c someone doesn't have FULL COVERAGE insurance doesn't mean they are uninsured.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #67
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:

Just b/c someone doesn't have FULL COVERAGE insurance doesn't mean they are uninsured.

If u have liability only, and have a theft or collision.....ur uninsured!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #68
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
Like u said it's worth setting up a "Fallen Rider/Benefits" section and space won't be a problem.

We can't stop the accidents dude, people are gonna ride the way THEY wanna ride and if they go down so be it, WE ALL ARE TAKING THE SAME CHANCES, no matter how SAFE u or anyone else for that matter claims they are, we all have the same philosophy on bikes... is gonna happen.

And when it does, I would like to be able to use MH as a means of communication for my friends to support me in any way they can, whether it be well wishes, fundraising or whatever!
Agreed, completely! I don't know but I would guess that this is the reason that Solracer allows these posts. It is a respectable, decent, and humane thing to do.
I know Mckee, he is a guy that I ride with. I look past any mistakes he made and focus on him, the guy I know. I would visist anybody who I ride with or met at a meet and great that was in the hospital. I don't care they are there. I would bring them a little care package. I just need to know the person.
I have respect for Solracer to allow these threads to be posted.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #69
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:

We're talking about a rider being insured by MEDICAL INSURANCE, not their BIKE being insured.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:06 PM   #70
Blue91

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
If we're talking Medical, then ok, I see the point since med. bills cost so damned much.

And to Candy, if you have a collision and you only have liability, you ARE insured... to fix the other persons stuff. You won't have your own stuff fixed though and that's your own problem.

Not to sound mean, but I could care less if someone else's bike is covered by theft or replaced if they wreck it. All I care about is if they have insurance to cover someone ELSE'S property in case they damage it (liability).

Old 10-11-2007, 03:13 PM   #71
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
If we're talking Medical, then ok, I see the point since med. bills cost so damned much.

And to Candy, if you have a collision and you only have liability, you ARE insured... to fix the other persons stuff. You won't have your own stuff fixed though and that's your own problem.

Not to sound mean, but I could care less if someone else's bike is covered by theft or replaced if they wreck it. All I care about is if they have insurance to cover someone ELSE'S property in case they damage it (liability).
In the context of this thread, UNINUSURED is taken as he had an at fault accident with liability only and no med ins, which in turn means, HE IS UNINSURED as far as he and his property are concerned, and therefore needs help with fundraising.

If u have liability only and decide to wreck that on 1 wheel, U ARE UNINSURED to cover the damage to ur bike.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #72
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

if you want to single someone out, please make a thread about it, this thread is not for that purpose.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:19 PM   #73
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:

I'll just repost my won to get back on topic then!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:23 PM   #74
paniro187

better yet if youi're uninsured bikewise or self wise (DON'T GET THE BIKE) and if you're acting a fool when you wreck that's your **** up.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
Old 10-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #75
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
better yet if youi're uninsured bikewise or self wise (DON'T GET THE BIKE) and if you're acting a fool when you wreck that's your **** up.
EXACTLY!!! (hence my earlier post.)
Old 10-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #76
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
As an insurance agent i agree 100% with that one, but what can i say some of my friends have useless logic and I as they friend am willing to step up and help where i can
Old 10-11-2007, 03:32 PM   #77
paniro187

I'm going to go out rob some stores get in a chase with the cops and when i get out i better have a fund raiser sticky.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
Old 10-11-2007, 03:33 PM   #78
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
I'm going to go out rob some stores get in a chase with the cops and when i get out i better have a fund raiser sticky.
Good luck dude!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #79
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
this thread is funny
Old 10-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #80
Candy