Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 12:36 PM   #41
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
I notice that too. Postwhores get all the attention.

although i will continue to help either way, i just don't see it fit that some riders who needed the help didn't get any because they didn't know many people. i'm sure a few will agree.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
to the fulmer sponsored casey10 Stunters Lounge 1 04-08-2010 09:01 PM
MH collection fund for evos new plastics 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 11 03-28-2009 10:36 AM
Disney Sponsored MSF class RACER X New Riders and MSF Course Info 4 11-21-2007 09:15 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2007, 12:48 PM   #42
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bad thing is sponsored get sucked into this as well.:/:
Old 10-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #43
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

I see that somebody went down. I see that person has yet to ask for any help from anyone.
I see his friends moving to help him. I see them asking (not demanding) from MH MGR and Sponsors and them contributing. I see free choice.

I didn't see that when others went down. I didn't see their friends setting things up to to help them out. Again, Mckee has not signed on once since his accident to ask for help.
Is your issue with the friend of mckee or the man himself
Old 10-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #44
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

we need to be held accountable for our own actions and deal with the issues we have created ourselves

This is your quote.
WTF!!!

They will be once they are therapy, broke, jobless, unemployeeable.
Not to mension in pain for the next 40 years.
Come on, man!!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #45
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLETUS View Post
I see that somebody went down. I see that person has yet to ask for any help from anyone.
I see his friends moving to help him. I see them asking (not demanding) from MH MGR and Sponsors and them contributing. I see free choice.

I didn't see that when others went down. I didn't see their friends setting things up to to help them out. Again, Mckee has not signed on once since his accident to ask for help.
...thnk your taking it out of context.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #46
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
As far as I'm concerned, MH is a forum, not a group, not a club, not an organization, it's a forum, where we as members of the motorcycle community can come and organize ourselves or discuss common troubles and exchange relative information.

ANYONE ON TWO WHEELS is family to me, they don't have to post on MH or SBM, if ur on 2 wheels and need my help i'm there REGARDLESS of the circumstances, and that is a CHOICE of MINE to contribute.

MH nor the mods should be "spons'ring" or adding comments to anything (including rides). They should be totally impartial to what is being posted on the site (unless it ACTUALLY INFRINGES on some liability factors for the site and a member posting a ride or fundraiser commits no negligence to the site so it doesn't count), to prevent instances of favoritism or biased decisions.

I would appreciate info on fellow MEMBERS going down or needs for our help to definately be stickied or posted, b/c sometimes we've met these people or formed a relationship with these members simply thru our post and the site IS THE ONLY means of communication for me to even know something has happened to them and give me an opportunity to help my fallen compadre if needed.

Good example was Eric's funeral, I would have never been able to communicate the need for riders in that event with the time allowed without the use of a post on MH and other forums, and it wasn't for MH to spons'r the event either, it was simply a few members organizing a ride to support another member and using their common communication tool MH to spread the word, period. The politics stayed out of it!!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:00 PM   #47
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:

read up again, the issue is with nobody in general, seriously have no issues with anybody here and your comments with this are welcome as anybody elses.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-11-2007, 02:07 PM   #48
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
Josh looped a wheelie last night on his fiddy and some how got road rash on his .....
can I start a fundraiser sticky too?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:17 PM   #49
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cc chick View Post
Josh looped a wheelie last night on his fiddy and some how got road rash on his .....
It's an open forum, your choice and caused.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:19 PM   #50
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
my cause would be to hire a nurse to put ointment on his for me good enough cause I think
Old 10-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #51
100f
Reagan and Peyton's Dad

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
94' 1000F
92' VFR 750

seems to me the whole " sticky " thing is the issue. I think if you don't want to help DON'T...no reason to conplain about it.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #52
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
we need to be held accountable for our own actions and deal with the issues we have created ourselves

This is your quote.
WTF!!!

They will be once they are therapy, broke, jobless, unemployeeable.
Not to mension in pain for the next 40 years.
Come on, man!!
dude , wisen up just a smidgen.
I never said help from friends is wrong, I did say we should be held accountable for our actions.
I did say asking or cohearsing the management into supporting these things on a weekly basis is wrong.
Its good he has friends that care, thats good, just dont come on here begging for freebies for a buddy that was totally irresponsible, totally un-insured and totally riding like an invincible asshat, much less try to make him out to be a perfect riding, non law breaking fellow who had something bad happen to him.
HE caused it, He is dealing with it, He has a rough road to recovery, its great He has friends to help him. Nothing wrong with that.
Again, to re-iterate for the slow, this thread is about asking the MH management to support and help, man, there is just no way its possible or fair to ask that of them.
Again, the thread was not about friends helping friends, it was about asking or cohearsing the MH management into a corner that can't be won.
all in all, keep up with the friends helping, just dont expect it to be priority for others as it is for yourself.

ALSO, I would bet my paycheck, that as long as the PayPal account has been open and on two major internet sites, I'd bet my paycheck there isn't squat in the account.
Thats 3 days of being open and I'd gamble that all the talkers here havent donated a dime.
if you have, good on you, if you havent, oh well, STFU then.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-11-2007, 02:23 PM   #53
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91 View Post
I love how you insinuate it's only the metric riders who are young, uninsured, and go down and get injured.
where there is smoke there is fire.

there's a ounce of truth to every rumor. and so forth.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
Old 10-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #54
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
dude , wisen up just a smidgen.
I never said help from friends is wrong, I did say we should be held accountable for our actions.
I did say asking or cohearsing the management into supporting these things on a weekly basis is wrong.
Its good he has friends that care, thats good, just dont come on here begging for freebies for a buddy that was totally irresponsible, totally un-insured and totally riding like an invincible asshat, much less try to make him out to be a perfect riding, non law breaking fellow who had something bad happen to him.
HE caused it, He is dealing with it, He has a rough road to recovery, its great He has friends to help him. Nothing wrong with that.
Again, to re-iterate for the slow, this thread is about asking the MH management to support and help, man, there is just no way its possible or fair to ask that of them.
Again, the thread was not about friends helping friends, it was about asking or cohearsing the MH management into a corner that can't be won.
all in all, keep up with the friends helping, just dont expect it to be priority for others as it is for yourself.

ALSO, I would bet my paycheck, that as long as the PayPal account has been open and on two major internet sites, I'd bet my paycheck there isn't squat in the account.
Thats 3 days of being open and I'd gamble that all the talkers here havent donated a dime.
if you have, good on you, if you havent, oh well, STFU then.
that's a point for scoot.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #55
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
As far as I'm concerned, MH is a forum, not a group, not a club, not an organization, it's a forum, where we as members of the motorcycle community can come and organize ourselves or discuss common troubles and exchange relative information.

ANYONE ON TWO WHEELS is family to me, they don't have to post on MH or SBM, if ur on 2 wheels and need my help i'm there REGARDLESS of the circumstances, and that is a CHOICE of MINE to contribute.

MH nor the mods should be "spons'ring" or adding comments to anything (including rides). They should be totally impartial to what is being posted on the site (unless it ACTUALLY INFRINGES on some liability factors for the site and a member posting a ride or fundraiser commits no negligence to the site so it doesn't count), to prevent instances of favoritism or biased decisions.

I would appreciate info on fellow MEMBERS going down or needs for our help to definately be stickied or posted, b/c sometimes we've met these people or formed a relationship with these members simply thru our post and the site IS THE ONLY means of communication for me to even know something has happened to them and give me an opportunity to help my fallen compadre if needed.

Good example was Eric's funeral, I would have never been able to communicate the need for riders in that event with the time allowed without the use of a post on MH and other forums, and it wasn't for MH to spons'r the event either, it was simply a few members organizing a ride to support another member and using their common communication tool MH to spread the word, period. The politics stayed out of it!!
agreed 100%, but instead of stickys to clog up the main page, because this is happening all to often, make a section specifically for that organization and setting up of charitable events for people, as she said, its your choice to help or not, lets put em all in one spot that we can visit if we choose and see who needs help with whatever.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #56
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
I'm down for the MH community helping others, but I dont think its correct to get the MH management involved. Its craziness, MH management would be having sponsored charity events weekly for all the young , testosterone filled, un-insured, invincible metric riders and the whole first page would be "stickys" for all of them.
Somebody do some quick searching and come up with a number of injuries and fatalities known to be members or visiters of this board, the number might surprise ya, might not.
Its great to do things for others, its great to have friends that care, , some probably dont even know these kids and always give generously, kudos to all, but at some point, we need to be held accountable for our own actions and deal with the issues we have created ourselves.

discuss
point for scoot

Old 10-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #57
Blue91

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
Yeah, you're right. Young people ride sport bikes. Sport bikers are uninsured. Sport bikers go down and get injured/killed.

At the same time, older folks ride sport bikes as well. We have PLENTY of them here. I'd bet money that MOST folks here who ride sportbikes ARE insured. Cruisers go down as well and their riders usually end up worse off due to traditionally wearing less gear.

My point was that generalizing that it's the sport bikers who are always uninsured, young, and wrecking is not cool. If I was to stereotype anything, it wouldn't be insured/uninsured, or type of bike. It'd be AGE!

Had I had my Mustang or bike back when I was 16-20, I'd likely have killed myself.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #58
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91 View Post
Yeah, you're right. Young people ride sport bikes. Sport bikers are uninsured. Sport bikers go down and get injured/killed.

At the same time, older folks ride sport bikes as well. We have PLENTY of them here. I'd bet money that MOST folks here who ride sportbikes ARE insured. Cruisers go down as well and their riders usually end up worse off due to traditionally wearing less gear.

My point was that generalizing that it's the sport bikers who are always uninsured, young, and wrecking is not cool. If I was to stereotype anything, it wouldn't be insured/uninsured, or type of bike. It'd be AGE!

Had I had my Mustang or bike back when I was 16-20, I'd likely have killed myself.
it's not really generalizing when most of the riders going down and are uninsured are sportbikers. how many thread have we seen just on this board where people say my bike was stolen and i didn't have insurnace.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #59
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cc chick View Post
that's a point for 50

Old 10-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #60
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Solracer could have said no, each time... It could have been the person or people asking, but he still could have said no. I guess it kind of follows the same reasoning of the people moving to help that person that made the irresponsible desicion in the first place.
I guess Solracer is the one that has to answer that one, whether we like the desicion or not.