Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 10:47 AM   #21
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
not stirring nothing over here, just sharing my opinion.
a question for ya:
When you crashed at the track, did we have a fundraiser or anything? I dont remember.
im not saying you are but there are post trying to start up division among different type of riders. this isnt a sportbike forum only like others but we try to make it for all types of riders and bikes.

and nobody paid for my hospital bills for my seperated shoulder and concusion. i demand reperations!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
to the fulmer sponsored casey10 Stunters Lounge 1 04-08-2010 09:01 PM
MH collection fund for evos new plastics 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 11 03-28-2009 10:36 AM
Disney Sponsored MSF class RACER X New Riders and MSF Course Info 4 11-21-2007 09:15 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #22
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd View Post
im not saying you are but there are post trying to start up division among different type of riders. this isnt a sportbike forum only like others but we try to make it for all types of riders and bikes.

and nobody paid for my hospital bills for my seperated shoulder and concusion. i demand reperations!
hahahahaha, I am not here to separate the types of bikes, as you well know, the metric guys do that well enough on their own, I just tolerate it and dont let it bother me, I like all types of bikes and own both types of bikes.
as far as reparations go, you missed the boat

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-11-2007, 10:53 AM   #23
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

btw, i dont like the idea of members making posts saying "why dont the mods sticky this" or any type of posts to make it seem like we are choosing favorites. you arent playing some reverse phsycology game with us.

if you need someone to do something, PM a mod like jimmy did.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:54 AM   #24
level5
moving chicane

Quote:

You snooze you lose.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:55 AM   #25
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

As an aside to this discussion, I think it's great that people are so quick to help others in their time of need - and I won't delve into whether or not contributing to one person and not another is justified I just mean that it's nice to see a community of people that are willing to help one another.

That said, I think it's really pointless to try and help out uninsured (medical) accident victims with their hospital bills. I've seen great outpourings of aid in the form of donations on this board, but even if we had just one person for whom we wanted to raise money to cover their hospital bills, I doubt we'd ever be able to do it. Just one ICU stay with surgery is going to run into the tens of thousands of dollars - and around here it seems like we have a lot more than that at any given time.

Yes, it's great that everyone is so willing to help eachother out monetarily, but it seems unfair to apply contributions to someone's hospital bill because they weren't insured - just because of the fact that the drop in the bucket that we provide doesn't do squat to help someone with their overall total.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
Old 10-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #26
level5
moving chicane

Like in anything else, just gotta play your card right.
Come out to meet others and if things happen to you, someone might step up to start a fundraising for you.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:58 AM   #27
BigComfy

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

^great contribution rob
Old 10-11-2007, 10:58 AM   #28
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post

You snooze you lose.
dont matter im still going to help out mckee
Old 10-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #29
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Like in anything else, just gotta play your card right.
Come out to meet others and if things happen to you, someone might step up to start a fundraising for you.
thats what friends do, I agree.
I wont burden MH management with it though, thats all.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-11-2007, 11:02 AM   #30
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Everyone voice their opinions on the subject, not on each other, save that for PM's
Old 10-11-2007, 11:04 AM   #31
BigComfy

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Threads yes stickies no.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:07 AM   #32
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
thats what friends do, I agree.
I wont burden MH management with it though, thats all.
Think of MH management like Federal Govt.. When in time of crisis, MH will step up to help it's members or citizens. If they feel that it's not their duties, they wouldn't allow such action. Not easy being management, I tell you. Imagine that MH management refuse to help out with fundraising event and SBM did, or vice versa, that would not look good. the politics.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:08 AM   #33
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
Everyone voice their opinions on the subject, not on each other, save that for PM's
I sensed a lock down.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:12 AM   #34
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Think of MH management like Federal Govt.. When in time of crisis, MH will step up to help it's members or citizens. If they feel that it's not their duties, they wouldn't allow such action. Not easy being management, I tell you. Imagine that MH management refuse to help out with fundraising event and SBM did, or vice versa, that would not look good. the politics.
this I dont agree with, if someone wants to look at MH in a bad light because he didnt sponsor a fund raiser and they look at SBM happily because they do, then that person needs to get on over there.
I dont think its fair to mh management to even mention something like this, in my humble opinion, it does not look bad on MH if they dont blatantly support each and every endeavor thought up by its forum members.
There has to be a line drawn of understanding, a line of allowing chris and the management to not be looked at badly because they dont sticky at every request.
Again, this puts us at the original thread point, let the members do what they want for others, thats awesome, its just not fair to hold Chris responsible for action and if he doesnt do what someone wants, then they say "I'm gonna run to SBM, they will put a sticky up"

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #35
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
this I dont agree with, if someone wants to look at MH in a bad light because he didnt sponsor a fund raiser and they look at SBM happily because they do, then that person needs to get on over there.
I dont think its fair to mh management to even mention something like this, in my humble opinion, it does not look bad on MH if they dont blatantly support each and every endeavor thought up by its forum members.
There has to be a line drawn of understanding, a line of allowing chris and the management to not be looked at badly because they dont sticky at every request.
Again, this puts us at the original thread point, let the members do what they want for others, thats awesome, its just not fair to hold Chris responsible for action and if he doesnt do what someone wants, then they say "I'm gonna run to SBM, they will put a sticky up"
I agreed with you and understand what you are getting at. That's why I said the politics, and not easy being management.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:20 AM   #36
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
I agreed with you and understand what you are getting at. That's why I said the politics, and not easy being management.
can i get some reparations now?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:23 AM   #37
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
The Check is in the Mail!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #38
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
heck, maybe there will be a paypal account started for you. I am sure the MH community can and will load up an account for you.
in fact, I'll bet mckee has so much support, that dudes prolly gonna need a wheelbarrow for his helpins'. his PayPal account has been open for 3 days on MH and on SBM also. I imagine its burstin' at the seams by now.
kudos to all for it too.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ScooterTrash; 10-11-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:03 PM   #39
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

The absolute LAST thing that I'd want from anybody after I wrecked and put myself in the hospital would be donations.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
Old 10-11-2007, 12:05 PM   #40
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
but SOMETIMES riders/members of this board go down hard and hospitalized, and get no help, because nobody knew them that well.
I notice that too. Postwhores get all the attention.
Closed Thread