MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






MH sponsored fund raisers

I'm down for the MH community helping others, but I dont think its correct to get the MH management involved. Its craziness, MH management would be having sponsored charity events weekly for all the young , testosterone filled, un-insured, invincible metric riders and the whole first page would be "stickys" for all of them.
Somebody do some quick searching and come up with a number of injuries and fatalities known to be members or visiters of this board, the number might surprise ya, might not.
Its great to do things for others, its great to have friends that care, , some probably dont even know these kids and always give generously, kudos to all, but at some point, we need to be held accountable for our own actions and deal with the issues we have created ourselves.

discuss
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
to the fulmer sponsored casey10 Stunters Lounge 1 04-08-2010 09:01 PM
MH collection fund for evos new plastics 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 11 03-28-2009 10:36 AM
Disney Sponsored MSF class RACER X New Riders and MSF Course Info 4 11-21-2007 09:15 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #2
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,641

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









I see your point...

ultimately though it comes down to Sol...and what he wants.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip
 
Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Shmearth
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 12,315

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
The way I see it is this:
The board is nothing without it's members. I don't think it's asking too much of MH to allow people to post fundraiser threads for contributing individuals. I don't think they should be made stickies though. It's a free world, soo if you don't want to donate to a particular individual for what ever reason, then you don't have to.
Scorpio is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:04 AM   #4
rob78
. . . . . . . . .
 
rob78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Katy/Cypress
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 6,293

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was









Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
I'm down for the MH community helping others, but I dont think its correct to get the MH management involved. Its craziness, MH management would be having sponsored charity events weekly for all the young , testosterone filled, un-insured, invincible metric riders and the whole first page would be "stickys" for all of them.
Somebody do some quick searching and come up with a number of injuries and fatalities known to be members or visiters of this board, the number might surprise ya, might not.
Its great to do things for others, its great to have friends that care, , some probably dont even know these kids and always give generously, kudos to all, but at some point, we need to be held accountable for our own actions and deal with the issues we have created ourselves.

discuss

__________________
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:04 AM   #5
Blue91
10.13.07
 
Blue91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,217

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
I love how you insinuate it's only the metric riders who are young, uninsured, and go down and get injured.
__________________
gixxerbill - MotoHouston.com's Lifetime Intolerance Award Winner

Blue91 is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #6
rob78
. . . . . . . . .
 
rob78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Katy/Cypress
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 6,293

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was









Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91 View Post
I love how you insinuate it's only the metric riders who are young, uninsured, and go down and get injured.
so one sided aint it...
__________________
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:08 AM   #7
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
i think it's a good thing to do for a fellow rider on MotoHouston....but SOMETIMES riders/members of this board go down hard and hospitalized, and get no help, because nobody knew them that well.

it sucks to see that we would help 1 guy, but not the other. i'm not ever one to organize something like this or start something up....but i just noticed this lately.

either way, anybody that helps at any given moment is kind, generous, and caring. kudos to those that have helped
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #8
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
I see your point...

ultimately though it comes down to Sol...and what he wants.
I know that, but I was just saying, I think its a bit much to ask.
I agree with friends doing what they are doing for their friends.
Jimmy has pushed this and really come to bat for his buddy, nothing wrong with that and I never said there was.
I think it is wrong to try and push it on chris and the others who manage this site.
again, as I said, I see nothing wrong with the mh community helping others, I do see wrong setting up stickys etc. maybe a section for fundraisers and help projects, so then when you go there, its not jumbled with other senseless , no stickys needed, just info you need for whomever your interested in helping.
my point was, almost weekly we have a member getting hurt or killed, this is a sad but true factoid.
One would think the youngsters would learn from others mistakes etc, but another sad factoi is, most do not, henceforth all the help and RIP threads.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #9
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
The way I see it is this:
The board is nothing without it's members. I don't think it's asking too much of MH to allow people to post fundraiser threads for contributing individuals. I don't think they should be made stickies though. It's a free world, soo if you don't want to donate to a particular individual for what ever reason, then you don't have to.
perfect
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:12 AM   #10
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91 View Post
I love how you insinuate it's only the metric riders who are young, uninsured, and go down and get injured.
this is a metric board.
do some research and tell me how many metric riders here go down and then tell me how many cruisers go down.
I think one cruiser went down and if I remember correctly and I may not, it was a self induced accident, a slow mistake type downing.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ScooterTrash; 10-11-2007 at 10:15 AM.
ScooterTrash is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #11
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
so one sided aint it...
uuum read the post above,
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:14 AM   #12
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
i think it's a good thing to do for a fellow rider on MotoHouston....but SOMETIMES riders/members of this board go down hard and hospitalized, and get no help, because nobody knew them that well.

it sucks to see that we would help 1 guy, but not the other. i'm not ever one to organize something like this or start something up....but i just noticed this lately.

either way, anybody that helps at any given moment is kind, generous, and caring. kudos to those that have helped
this IS exactly what I am saying, he just did it better.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:15 AM   #13
rob78
. . . . . . . . .
 
rob78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Katy/Cypress
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 6,293

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was









Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
I know that, but I was just saying, I think its a bit much to ask.
I agree with friends doing what they are doing for their friends.
Jimmy has pushed this and really come to bat for his buddy, nothing wrong with that and I never said there was.
I think it is wrong to try and push it on chris and the others who manage this site.
again, as I said, I see nothing wrong with the mh community helping others, I do see wrong setting up stickys etc. maybe a section for fundraisers and help projects, so then when you go there, its not jumbled with other senseless , no stickys needed, just info you need for whomever your interested in helping.
my point was, almost weekly we have a member getting hurt or killed, this is a sad but true factoid.
One would think the youngsters would learn from others mistakes etc, but another sad factoi is, most do not, henceforth all the help and RIP threads.
if you like I can go back and show you who kept saying that we need to let chis handle it......it was his own MODS!!!!
__________________
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #14
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,666

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
The way I see it is this:
The board is nothing without it's members. I don't think it's asking too much of MH to allow people to post fundraiser threads for contributing individuals. I don't think they should be made stickies though. It's a free world, soo if you don't want to donate to a particular individual for what ever reason, then you don't have to.
+1
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
RACER X is online now  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:23 AM   #15
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,641

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91 View Post
I love how you insinuate it's only the metric riders who are young, uninsured, and go down and get injured.
Ya'll compared our # of old, harley/buell riders to old and/or young metric riders and the attrition rates yet? Don't whine/ because he's referring to the majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
i think it's a good thing to do for a fellow rider on MotoHouston....but SOMETIMES riders/members of this board go down hard and hospitalized, and get no help, because nobody knew them that well.
My take on Scoot's post, is not the requests for help etc... it's requests directed toward Mh/Sol (the site as an individual) for support...

..and I agree with your commentary House, I think a good example would have been the initial response in regards to the Kokesh accident.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:27 AM   #16
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
if you like I can go back and show you who kept saying that we need to let chis handle it......it was his own MODS!!!!
gimmie a break, you know so little, you dont see or hear everything.
I know its a touchy subject, the owner of the site smashed out of his bike, broke some bones, I didnt see one thread offering help. Patricia got ran over at the track, wheres the free love for her? she had insurance, she was responsible and covered her bases, she was not at fault but involved, wheres the help?
I can name tons and tons of others who have gone down, , Chris's wife totalled her truck recently, they are out of a vehicle, wheres their love and help for their family and kids? donated bus passes? nothing.
On another note:
I help so many, in so many ways, so dont act like I am an , again you dont know beans.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:32 AM   #17
jus10
Loading...
 
jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,160

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty









The other day I thought about all the money MH members must have, 'cause every week or so there is a "help this guy" thread. I just found it to be interesting, as I come from a different view I guess, because I wouldn't need a fund raiser to help me out as I got all my things in order before I hit the streets again, (medical/life insurance/Aflac/Savings accounts/etc.) as I feel every responsible adult should do. Unless of course there would be a "come cook dinner and wipe my for me" type of fund raiser. I might go for that.
jus10 is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #18
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












Can we all just get along? I love u man ....group hug
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:42 AM   #19
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss
 
arturo3rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Meadows Place, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 14,068

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight









back on topic but understand this is a public forum and everyone will share their opinions.

stop trying to stir up (directed at everyone)
__________________
motobanner new
arturo3rd is offline  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:44 AM   #20
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd View Post
back on topic but understand this is a public forum and everyone will share their opinions.

stop trying to stir up (directed at everyone)
not stirring nothing over here, just sharing my opinion.
a question for ya:
When you crashed at the track, and damaged your shoulder, did we have a "sticky" fundraiser or anything? I dont remember.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy