MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 08:20 AM   #21
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Feedback Rating: (0)

I hate hear that you are going through this. I would be getting a lawyer for Global but it sounds like your out a bike if it had been stolen.

I try to buy new but I understand that all can't. The only bike that I plan on buying used will be for the track next year and then I will be looking for one with a salvage title or purchase from the original owner.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's all the "FOREIGN BIKERS" that make us US bikers look bad Track_Graphics General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 05-07-2014 08:39 AM
Florida Cops. Bikers & Guns pinball Off Topic 8 12-11-2011 09:14 PM
Photo Of The Century? Bikers overwhelm local cops with highway stunt show hotnanas General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 09-27-2011 09:06 AM
!! cops, cops, cops... floyd600 Off Topic 6 11-05-2010 10:19 AM
one for GB, Cops chasing Cops RACER X Off Topic 11 02-16-2009 01:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2007, 08:28 AM   #22
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

Global Motorsports on Kurkyndal? If so I bought my F4 there about a year ago. I've been pulled over several times since but I don't know if they ever check the VIN#.

Good luck and keep us posted.

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:31 AM   #23
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
that ****ing sucks!!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:32 AM   #24
mr_joe

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R6-Sold
2008 CBR1000

Dude. that sucks. but at least you have all your paperwork in order.

www.myspace.com/mrjoes
mr_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:37 AM   #25
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Cops! Always harassin' folks for nothin'!
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:43 AM   #26
<E>

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
01 CBR929RR (For Sale)
05 Busa (For Sale)

that sucks. i have read that if the pd discovers that a vin has been altered, then the vehicle can never be returned to the streets and therefore is mandatory that it be destroyed. or the frame or chassis (cars) atleast. which makes sense to me. so that must be what happened. whomever sold you the bike should be responsible for giving you your money back. take them to court if you have to. i'm sure you'll win. they'd be wise to settle out of court else they'll have to pay your and their legal fees. then it's up to them to sue whomever they got it from. it's great that the pd cares about stolen vehicles so much. where i'm from they seem to only care about shootings and drugs. what i can't figure out is where do they get the good VIN from and the paper to print the title on. and why would the good VIN come up stolen?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:45 AM   #27
Solyjr

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2014 Duc Panigale
2012 S1000RR - stolen
2005 R1 - sold
2003 V-max - sold
2000 V-max - sold

Send a message via MSN to Solyjr
You all should be happy that the popo are doing random pull overs and checking the VIN #'s for stolen bikes... Don't consider it as a harrassment, I see it as a service to us as owners.
Getting your bikes stolen, will just make our insurance rates go up, so we are the ones that get hurt in the long run, and I'm not even going to talk about the frustration of having your stuff stolen....
Old 10-11-2007, 08:52 AM   #28
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

I don't understand why the cop left you on the freeway. I think he did his job too bike theives suck. But once your story checked out he should have taken you to dennys or something.

Also I hope you get your money back from global. Your whole situation sux. BTW have you talked to global what have they said so far?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:06 AM   #29
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by <E> View Post
that sucks. i have read that if the pd discovers that a vin has been altered, then the vehicle can never be returned to the streets and therefore is mandatory that it be destroyed. or the frame or chassis (cars) atleast. which makes sense to me. so that must be what happened. whomever sold you the bike should be responsible for giving you your money back. take them to court if you have to. i'm sure you'll win. they'd be wise to settle out of court else they'll have to pay your and their legal fees. then it's up to them to sue whomever they got it from. it's great that the pd cares about stolen vehicles so much. where i'm from they seem to only care about shootings and drugs. what i can't figure out is where do they get the good VIN from and the paper to print the title on. and why would the good VIN come up stolen?
you can buy frames off ebay if you wreck your bike or something, but ive heard that they (scum) buy the frames off ebay with the clean or salvaged titles, then restamp the stolen frame instead of taking the bike apart and putting everything on the "clean" frame.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #30
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solyjr View Post
You all should be happy that the popo are doing random pull overs and checking the VIN #'s for stolen bikes.
I'm not happy about that at all. I don't want to be pulled over unless I'm breaking the law. The popo can run my plates if they want to check for a stolen bike, otherwise respect my time and let me get to where I'm going.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:12 AM   #31
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
I'm not happy about that at all. I don't want to be pulled over unless I'm breaking the law. The popo can run my plates if they want to check for a stolen bike, otherwise respect my time and let me get to where I'm going.
Agreed. That is against our rights as americans. And it is scary to be pulled over. I don't need no more stink'n tickets.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:17 AM   #32
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrayhouston View Post
.... He then placed me in the back of the car where i sat for 2 hours. He continued to ask me alot of questions to verify my story with the information he had received from dispatch.
...!!! Sorry to hear that about your bike..Did you got a title when you got the bike form that shop??

I have been advised that if you get arrested and put in the back of the squad car DO NOT answer any questions that the Cops asked, they will use anything that you say against you. (I really do not know how true is that) You have the righ to remain silent until your lawyer is with you.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:29 AM   #33
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
carfax? do they do bikes as well?
Yes. I run a carfax on my Speed Triple (got it from Motorcycles Unlimited) and the VIN match to the model and year and the only record was that the State Inspection was performed in Missoury City in 2005. Also the year sticker in the license plate was from 2005. Seems like the previous owner did not ride the bike too much.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:51 AM   #34
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Score one for the cops!

So, the detective did not offer to help with Global Motorsports? I would think they would be a little interested in a place selling stolen bikes.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #35
Kingralphthe3rdsQueen

Bike(s):
09 zx6

man that sucks sorry to hear that
Old 10-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #36
level5
moving chicane

Sorry to hear your luck but I don't understand the situation like some folks here, good vin# came back as stolen. If the title matches the vin# and seeing that there is no alterations, and you received the title transfered to you in the mail by TXDOT, and it is stolen. I am lost. Can someone clarify this situation or how thieves can do this and buyer make mistakes? If I go buy a used bike, I check for the vin# with the title, and got my title through the mail, I am safe right? If the seller hands you the title and you register it yourself, you will know if it is stolen when you tried to register it at the tax offfice. Is it that easy to counterfeit titles? I am so confused.

I just want to know and not making the same mistakes.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:12 AM   #37
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

The Title " The latest with cops and bikers " is the WRONG title... Again it's blaming cops or at least makes it look like it is... The cop did NOTHING wrong... He just simply put a VIN # in his in car PC and a computer voice came back saying " alert alert alert " that means its stolen... what is the cop supposed to do??? just say Fudge it and let it go??? IMO Global Motorsports is to blame not the cops... And as far as the comment about Cops running Motorcycle VINS, NEWS FLASH, WE DO THAT ALL THE TIME WITH CARS TOO... Thats what we do! So go take it out on Global... And if Ya ll are having a legit deal that I can verify ( I will run the VINS for you ) so that you ALL dont have this happen again... Just PM me and Ill get you the info...
Old 10-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #38
pimp2303

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
78 Yamaha yz400, 07 Honda cr-f230,

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
The Title " The latest with cops and bikers " is the WRONG title... Again it's blaming cops or at least makes it look like it is... The cop did NOTHING wrong... He just simply put a VIN # in his in car PC and a computer voice came back saying " alert alert alert " that means its stolen... what is the cop supposed to do??? just say Fudge it and let it go??? IMO Global Motorsports is to blame not the cops... And as far as the comment about Cops running Motorcycle VINS, NEWS FLASH, WE DO THAT ALL THE TIME WITH CARS TOO... Thats what we do! So go take it out on Global... And if Ya ll are having a legit deal that I can verify ( I will run the VINS for you ) so that you ALL dont have this happen again... Just PM me and Ill get you the info...

i had a buddy do this for me after the precision cycles incident since i had just bought a bike from them... and it came back clean soooo... i would advise everyone do that... or atlteast some kind of carfax
Old 10-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #39
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:45 AM   #40
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I bought my first bike from Global. It was an older guy who appeared to own/run the shop - he seemed like a really nice guy. Delivered my bike 40 miles in the bike of his truck during rush hour on a Thursday afternoon.

I hope it was an honest mistake on Global's part and it doesn't turn out that they were intentionally ripping people off.

Hopefully he'll make it right by you.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement