Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 01:08 AM   #1
jrayhouston
Always time for a ride!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2001 GSX-R 1000

The latest with cops and bikers.

Went out to Buffalo Wild Wings for their usual monday night wings and beer I was riding home on my bike when I got pulled over by HPD. So I immediatly did all my checks I wondered what might have I done to get pulled over. I wasn't speeding (surprisingly), I wasn't doing any stunts and I even used my turn signal when i changed lanes. When I made it to the shoulder I turned the bike off dismounted and waited patiently for the officer to approach me. He didnt even have time to ask for anything, I already had my license and insurance in my hand. He went back to his car to conduct his routine check when he came back to me, and handed everything back. He then proceeded to inspect my bike over and over again. Without saying a word he wrote down what appeared to be my VIN #. He walked back to his car typed in a couple of things and then stepped back out and told me to place my hands on the car. He told me that i was being arrested for being in possesion of a stolen bike. I told him that i had purchased the bike from a dealership. He took my jacket off of me and he noticed that i had been wearing a police T-shirt, and then accused me of impersonating a police officer. (how can i impersonate if i'm miltary poilce) He then placed me in the back of the car where i sat for 2 hours. He continued to ask me alot of questions to verify my story with the information he had received from dispatch. Well apparantly i was telling the truth, but i still dont have my bike. They had to impound my bike for further investigation and i had to call my dad at 1:45 in the morning to come and pick me up off the side of the freeway. I talked to the detective today and he stated that unfortunately i will not be getting my bike back, and they will be melting down the frame. So watch out guys and girls cuz the cops are out looking for stolen bikes. Oh, and to answer some questions i got the bike at Global Motorsports. So if there is anyone on here from Global Motorsports, you will be hearing from my lawyer.
jrayhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's all the "FOREIGN BIKERS" that make us US bikers look bad Track_Graphics General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 05-07-2014 08:39 AM
Florida Cops. Bikers & Guns pinball Off Topic 8 12-11-2011 09:14 PM
Photo Of The Century? Bikers overwhelm local cops with highway stunt show hotnanas General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 09-27-2011 09:06 AM
!! cops, cops, cops... floyd600 Off Topic 6 11-05-2010 10:19 AM
one for GB, Cops chasing Cops RACER X Off Topic 11 02-16-2009 01:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2007, 01:11 AM   #2
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

holy sh*t. sorry to hear that. i take it you never got a title?

well, i hope everything works out for you. good luck.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:14 AM   #3
jrayhouston
Always time for a ride!

Bike(s):
2001 GSX-R 1000

I have the title and the bill of sale it's just that the stolen frame had been stamped aparantly by an amateur with a good vin #.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:16 AM   #4
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Yeah that's their new game now, to check for stolen bikes, altered vins, all the works!! Ur lucky u didn't go to jail that night, cause possession is 90% of the law and with that said, they coulda kept ur for 24hours for having a stolen bike.

I've heard this on a huntch, but call ur insurance company too (if u had full cvg) and file a claim to see what they will do. I had a homegirl whose bike was confiscated (sp) by the pd cause it was supposedly involved in a stolen bike ring, where they were restamping vin's and selling the bikes with the new vin and paperwork attached. As she advised me, her insurance company, I think farmers PAID her for what she paid for the bike. I was shocked
Old 10-11-2007, 01:16 AM   #5
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
SAY WHAT!!!!! this is harder to understand than that Rubiks Cube, melting down the frame? thats a shame, so what was the inital stop for....did you get his name.
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:17 AM   #6
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
600rr

. that suck. i dont know what ill do if i was in that situation.
but one time i got a call from a so call detective after i wrecked my bike saying that my bike was a stolen bike and that they need to come pick up the bike. still today i dont know if he's telling the truth or scam because title transfer perfectly and all vin matches the title. cop pulled me over and check vin.

but man hope eveyrthing work out for u.
yamaR6281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:20 AM   #7
jrayhouston
Always time for a ride!

Bike(s):
2001 GSX-R 1000

my insurance wont pay out because the bike wasnt stolen from me. And i have progressive!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:24 AM   #8
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrayhouston View Post
my insurance wont pay out because the bike wasnt stolen from me. And i have progressive!
As far as she said, it didn't have to be stolen FROM U, she was paid based on the fact that she purchased it stolen unknowingly, so it was as if it had been stolen from her, because basically she's out of her money and the bike!

She actually quoted me a lawsuit case as their basis for paying her. When I go to work tomorrow I'll check with our claims department and research to see if i can come up with anything for u!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:25 AM   #9
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
i am in the process of gettin myself my 1st cycle and yes sir is ganna be used, is there a 100% way one can find out that is all legit, ufcken con-artist messin with peoples hard earned money, off with their heads, keep us up-to-date on your situation, sorry once again
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:28 AM   #10
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

that sux!
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:28 AM   #11
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectikillusions View Post
i am in the process of gettin myself my 1st cycle and yes sir is ganna be used, is there a 100% way one can find out that is all legit, ufcken con-artist messin with peoples hard earned money, off with their heads, keep us up-to-date on your situation, sorry once again

carfax? do they do bikes as well?
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:30 AM   #12
jrayhouston
Always time for a ride!

Bike(s):
2001 GSX-R 1000

There is never a 100% way to find a legit bike unless it is new, but the detective said that when i do buy another bike (and it will happen) that i can write down the vin# on the frame and motor and take it to any police department they can and will run it.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:30 AM   #13
Seth
F T W

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
sixsevenfive

Send a message via AIM to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
carfax? do they do bikes as well?
I think Carfax is a bit different when it comes to motorcycles. I forgot though.

Dude that is ridiculous that they are melting your bike, wtf?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:31 AM   #14
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
, that's crazy.

and yeah, i've heard a few bad things about global motorsports...so i don't even look twice at that place.

but yeah, i would DEFINATELY do something about global motorsports for selling you a stolen bike.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:37 AM   #15
Javi
Siempre positivo..

wow dude thats crazy ..
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:39 AM   #16
jrayhouston
Always time for a ride!

Bike(s):
2001 GSX-R 1000

yea javi it's crazy cuz i just bought that metzler tire from you and now it's about to go up in flames
Old 10-11-2007, 02:44 AM   #17
TX_Blue1

I would say you have a very good case against Global Motorsports. If all your paperwork is in order they might settle this with you quickly. They've been around for years and have always seemed like good people. A quick search shows no bad comments about them. Shouldn't a stolen VIN show up when you register the bike and a new title is printed?
TX_Blue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:52 AM   #18
andre3k
I see dead people...

I doubt that your bike will be getting melted down anytime soon. I have no idea why the investigator would tell you that. Usually they will try to contact the owner of the bike or whoever reported it stolen. If they cant locate them then it sits at the storage lot at 1800 Dart St until they can get it to an auction. If it doesn't sell at auction then they would probably sale it to a recycler for scrap.

Secondly, everyone on here about their bike being stolen and how the police do nothing to look for the bikes. Well apparently this officer was on the ball and did what he was supposed to do. On vehicle traffic stop I usually check the last 4 digits of the vin to make sure that it matches the return on my computer in the car. Its supposed to be done on every traffic stop but many officers may not remember, don't take the time, or weren't trained to do so. Its sucks to be you right about now, but somebody somewhere was when they found out their bike was stolen and you've been riding around on it for a few months now.

Auto theft needs to hit up ASI and PP1 on wednesdays and run a check on every bike out there and see how many stolens turn up then. Many may forget but MH didn't invent the sportbike scene in Houston. I know that everyone here is a decent, tax paying, law abiding citizen, but I'm sure that there are more than a a few stolen bikes roaming around those two spots. I'm not talking about k-mart type stuff. But its not an invasion of privacy or against the law for an officer to simply walk up to a bike jot down the vin and run it, to see if its stolen.

My .02
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:03 AM   #19
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

I'd be curious if you might have good reason for a lawsuit against your insurance carrier also.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:51 AM   #20
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrayhouston View Post
Went out to Buffalo Wild Wings for their usual monday night wings and beer I was riding home on my bike when I got pulled over by HPD. So I immediatly did all my checks I wondered what might have I done to get pulled over. I wasn't speeding (surprisingly), I wasn't doing any stunts and I even used my turn signal when i changed lanes. When I made it to the shoulder I turned the bike off dismounted and waited patiently for the officer to approach me. He didnt even have time to ask for anything, I already had my license and insurance in my hand. He went back to his car to conduct his routine check when he came back to me, and handed everything back. He then proceeded to inspect my bike over and over again. Without saying a word he wrote down what appeared to be my VIN #. He walked back to his car typed in a couple of things and then stepped back out and told me to place my hands on the car. He told me that i was being arrested for being in possesion of a stolen bike. I told him that i had purchased the bike from a dealership. He took my jacket off of me and he noticed that i had been wearing a police T-shirt, and then accused me of impersonating a police officer. (how can i impersonate if i'm miltary poilce) He then placed me in the back of the car where i sat for 2 hours. He continued to ask me alot of questions to verify my story with the information he had received from dispatch. Well apparantly i was telling the truth, but i still dont have my bike. They had to impound my bike for further investigation and i had to call my dad at 1:45 in the morning to come and pick me up off the side of the freeway. I talked to the detective today and he stated that unfortunately i will not be getting my bike back, and they will be melting down the frame. So watch out guys and girls cuz the cops are out looking for stolen bikes. Oh, and to answer some questions i got the bike at Global Motorsports. So if there is anyone on here from Global Motorsports, you will be hearing from my lawyer.
groovy, sorry the system got ya popped, but seriously, it sounds like they were doing their job and got to the bottom of it properly , sorry it cost you some time, inconveinance to your dad and your bike, but its good they are going to be thinning out the thieves and turds of society.
I'll gladly pull over for that inspection and am happy to see it happening.
Good luck with your suit, I hope ya bend 'em over backwards.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement