Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #21
rob78
. . . . . . . . .
 
rob78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Katy/Cypress
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 6,269

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was









Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post
fuel injection.

my carbed bike is the biggest headache ever, if it wasn't such a good feeling bike, it woulda been replaced long ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
get a good tuner to tune it.

+1

I never have anyproblems with mine.......might be the beer cans on your intake
__________________
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warming up your fuel-injected beast... NitroHonda General Discussion (Moto Related) 66 04-01-2011 08:33 AM
carb'd vs Fuel injected venezuelan12 Stunters Lounge 11 11-02-2009 10:19 PM
carburator tuning randomwalk101 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 08-10-2009 09:26 AM
first bike, fuel injected or carbeurated? along77082 Safety Corner Main 31 04-21-2008 06:30 PM
Question about Roll Starting your Fuel Injected Bikes AhmadHasib General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 01-28-2008 06:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #22
Capafool
QuePaso Racing
 
Capafool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SW Side (SugarLand/Houston Border)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,706

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)







Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
I gotta say.....wrong. a well tuned carb can perform just as good as injection any day.

...if not better. Some of the fastest Jetskiis (National Champs) owned by people all contain carbs. The FI Jetski honda makes can't keep up.

It's all about getting the whole package in sync
__________________
~Gianni~
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #23
Fuzzy018
Senior Member
 
Fuzzy018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,034

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide









Fuel injected has a lot less problems.
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #24
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Better starting in cold on EFI than carbs, no choke to turn on/off. Runs more efficient better gas mileage and less emission. Easier to diagnose since it is computer control. Don't have to worry about switching the reserved valve because it didn't have a warning light on some model. Tuning for power is plug and play. If only there is aftermarket carbs for bikes like in cars, it would be fun to have.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:44 PM   #25
t.dubya
Senor Member
 
t.dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: the 4th
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,647


Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)









my carbed honda 97 f3 had much smoother throttle response than my 07 gsxr 600
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #26
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,478












Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
Better starting in cold on EFI than carbs, no choke to turn on/off. Runs more efficient better gas mileage and less emission. Easier to diagnose since it is computer control. Don't have to worry about switching the reserved valve because it didn't have a warning light on some model. Tuning for power is plug and play. If only there is aftermarket carbs for bikes like in cars, it would be fun to have.
1. i've never had a problem starting a carbed bike in the cold.

2. no choke to turn on and off. (come on how lazy are you the choke lever is right there)

3. runs more effiecient and better gas mileage..........WRONG!!! once again all about the tuning.

4. tuning okay I'll give there probably a extra 30 minutes to get the tank off. whoopity dooo

5. emmissions (who's worried about that.....)

I'd much rather hear people say "fuel injection is newer that's why it's better" than these lame excuses.......LOL
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #27
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,478












Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy018 View Post
Fuel injected has a lot less problems.
explain. what are the less problems you speak of.
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:11 PM   #28
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,478












Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dubya View Post
my carbed honda 97 f3 had much smoother throttle response than my 07 gsxr 600
fuel has to flow into the carb as opposed to a injector suddenly squirting more fuel and BAM!! power. you sir are right my 1998 zx7r had way smoother throttle response than my zx6rr does. Billy weise tuned it and not once in the "cold as it gets" here in texas did that bike once the choke was pulled fall dead on start up.
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #29
t.dubya
Senor Member
 
t.dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: the 4th
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,647


Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)









Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
fuel has to flow into the carb as opposed to a injector suddenly squirting more fuel and BAM!! power. you sir are right my 1998 zx7r had way smoother throttle response than my zx6rr does. Billy weise tuned it and not once in the "cold as it gets" here in texas did that bike once the choke was pulled fall dead on start up.
It was also smoother when cutting the throttle.

Carbs maybe better for a noob just bc of the smoother throttle response.
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:26 PM   #30
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
1. i've never had a problem starting a carbed bike in the cold. better knock on wood.

2. no choke to turn on and off. (come on how lazy are you the choke lever is right there) Why would anyone pick carb bike if they have a choice of doing this or not?

3. runs more effiecient and better gas mileage..........WRONG!!! once again all about the tuning. Computer controll has a precise metering that is why everything is FI to meet Fed's standard.

4. tuning okay I'll give there probably a extra 30 minutes to get the tank off. whoopity dooo Plus time to remove carbs to put new jets/metering needles and adjusting.

5. emmissions (who's worried about that.....) Not really an issue yet.

I'd much rather hear people say "fuel injection is newer that's why it's better" than these lame excuses.......LOL
Fuel injection is BETTER.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #31
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
explain. what are the less problems you speak of.
rough idles or poor performance if it has a slight dirt/rust in it.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #32
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
okay enough excuses on my part.....

but the only reason why i think fuel injection is better is because the previous carbed bikes i had used to have that little "bogging" feel on throttle. one season it's good and smooth after some re-jetting....next season, it's bogging out.

it sucks to have to find a good tuner who knows what he's doing with carbs....than to buy a power commander and plug and play. i've ran into a few bad tuners i suppose.

so i'm gonna go with "fuel injection is newer, that's why it's better".....there must be a reason why all the new superbikes have gone fuel injection. easier to tune with plug and play products, more predictable.

i guess we can compare it to....would you rather have a big screen projection....or a plasma/LCD tv....i'm sure there's a reason for that instead of "it's newer, so it's better" theory. technology advances, so does performance.
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #33
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,478












Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
rough idles or poor performance if it has a slight dirt/rust in it.
you doon't think a injected bike would run right if it the tank had rust and dirt in it.
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #34
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,478












Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
Fuel injection is BETTER.
since you're being bull headed about it. funny the people no better are saying it doesn't really matter. Not saying i knkow all because believe me a i knkow far from all but i know there is no reason to pick a bike just because it is not fuel injected.
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:40 PM   #35
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
since you're being bull headed about it. funny the people no better are saying it doesn't really matter. Not saying i knkow all because believe me a i knkow far from all but i know there is no reason to pick a bike just because it is not fuel injected.
i'll agree to this.

i'll rephrase my opinion....fuel injection isn't necessarily better....it's more convenient.
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #36
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,478












Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
okay enough excuses on my part.....

but the only reason why i think fuel injection is better is because the previous carbed bikes i had used to have that little "bogging" feel on throttle. one season it's good and smooth after some re-jetting....next season, it's bogging out.

it sucks to have to find a good tuner who knows what he's doing with carbs....than to buy a power commander and plug and play. i've ran into a few bad tuners i suppose.

so i'm gonna go with "fuel injection is newer, that's why it's better".....there must be a reason why all the new superbikes have gone fuel injection. easier to tune with plug and play products, more predictable.

i guess we can compare it to....would you rather have a big screen projection....or a plasma/LCD tv....i'm sure there's a reason for that instead of "it's newer, so it's better" theory. technology advances, so does performance.
wrw racing yo.....billy weise will set you straight. eddie current dyno FTW. when he got my zx7r that ran like . after he worked his magic the bike was sick everywhere it just pulled and pulled from down low and from everywhere. with jet kiet it was like right at 300 for dyno tuning and the kit (100) which was waaaaaaay less than buying a pc (300+) and then dyno tuning ($per hour).
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #37
zampano
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 988












Send a message via AIM to zampano
good stuff to know as I just got a 97 zx7r

and Ive always said carb > fi

there is a reason a lot of racers still use it, and Im not talkin about just the guys on two wheels
zampano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:49 PM   #38
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
yeah, i know a lot of car guys would rather go with carbs.....but i've yet to see majority of bike guys who would rather have carbs.
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #39
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,478












Quote:
Originally Posted by zampano View Post
good stuff to know as I just got a 97 zx7r

and Ive always said carb > fi

there is a reason a lot of racers still use it, and Im not talkin about just the guys on two wheels
i'm not saying carbs are better than injection. Just that the reasons people usually provide as to why injection is better than carbs are usually misguided or really mostly pushed by the "injection is newer" thought.

by the way get billy to tune that bady boy you'll never know what hit you.
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:03 PM   #40
zampano
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 988












Send a message via AIM to zampano
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
i'm not saying carbs are better than injection. Just that the reasons people usually provide as to why injection is better than carbs are usually misguided or really mostly pushed by the "injection is newer" thought.

by the way get billy to tune that bady boy you'll never know what hit you.
well ok I should change what I said to that I prefer carb over fi... there are advantages to both, and yes fi is cleaner emmissions and can give better gas milage although on a bike how much would it really matter? in a car yeah thats a significant differance


and where can I find billy? is he in houston?
zampano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy