MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #41
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
i pull up next to a fellow biker at a light simply because its HOUSTON and i dont want to get HIT by the great drivers we have around here, so i try to help both of us out....
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'School looks like Millennium Falcon from space? "Mere coincidence" or best stealth a ELSpurgeO Off Topic 2 04-21-2012 08:58 AM
Stunt rider copies Steve McQueen's motorcycle jump from "The Great Escape" RojerLockless Off Topic 3 02-16-2009 12:06 PM
Almost a "bring a kawapuke rider to work day today" DOA General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 05-21-2007 01:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2007, 09:12 AM   #42
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Yeah, looking back i was being a little weird. I think it was more his demeanor that bugged me. He was indeed being friendly, although I don't think I was being too UN-friendly, but his dimeanor just annoyed me. First he just pulls up right next to me when I'm in my "zone"; 2nd, his bike was loud... I heard the bike coming, but he caught me by surprise just pulling up like that without warning. He didn't stop behind me first, then pull up. He just came up quick to my right, right out of the blue; 3rd, his bike was so loud, especially with him blipping the throttle next to me, that the ground shook, and quite frankly I didn't like it being done right next to me, where every jogger would turn and check us out; 4th, he was all about attention to himself and his ride, not just looking at me, but looking all around also... at the car next to him, at the car behind him, at the joggers, etc., etc. He was THAT kind of friendly. The reason I could see him so well in the corner of my eye, is because his head was moving around so much.

Maybe I was a bit rude, but IMHO, his initial act and dimeanor was rude, and maybe that caused my response. I wasn't too sure what his intentions were... show off? be genuiniely friendly? get attention? or be seen?
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:41 AM   #43
kgraber

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki B-King
1996 Triumph Speed Triple

I'm lost. Is this really a thread complaining about a guy on a bike pulling up next to you and being polite? I guess he should have just flew by you and gave you the finger.
kgraber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:44 AM   #44
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Just don't share my space on the road while riding. I hate that !

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement