Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #41
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Investigation leads to string of MotoHouston.com biker gang arrests Zapata General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 06-21-2005 02:32 PM
motohouston ride sshaikh01 General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 05-19-2005 11:01 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #42
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
I absolutely LUV GONZO's exceptional instructional skills at every track event I've participated in so I have no problems with Gonzo or BC for that matter taking these lead roles, but I'm not feeling this too much, it seems lately a lot of lines are being drawn in the sand with MH and "spons'rd events" i'm not sure if this is a bike club or a bike forum. Who makes MH the be all and end all to group rides? :/:

I definately think if anyone can teach someone about riding period it's Gonzo, but everyone is responsible for themselves when u hit the street. U want instruction, go to the track and PAY for it in a CONTROLLED environment...I do.

No offense to anyone on this and I won't be commenting back to any flamers, good luck MH.

good question/comment

this is not to say you or anyone can post a ride or set one up using the events section. this is just to say we will offer more rides (not sponsoring or limited too MH members only).

its not for instruction on how to ride fast on the street. when dr. gonzo or bigcomfy set up the rides they will have their rules/route/do's and dont's.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #43
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
The TSBA joined the AMA just for the protection that goes along with the liability of hosting a ride. You don't necessarily have to worry about the rider that crashes but you do have to worry about what his family and loved ones may do if the person crashes and dies as a result and that is sue anyone and everything associated with a ride.
any more info? i dont have access to TSBA but this sounds interesting.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:19 PM   #44
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

btw, i use to ride every weekend with groups and have ridden with these guys on these types of rides. they were "spirited" (when i came up with that on HSN i was laughed at, but now it took off, lol) and i know there are accidents not caused by the leader. BUT most of the best rides are the ones with pre-ride instruction because having to worry "what if i get lost/crash" takes away from your focus.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:39 PM   #45
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
I absolutely LUV GONZO's exceptional instructional skills at every track event I've participated in so I have no problems with Gonzo or BC for that matter taking these lead roles,
+1... this was the general consensus of the mods...

Quote:
but I'm not feeling this too much, it seems lately a lot of lines are being drawn in the sand with MH and "spons'rd events" i'm not sure if this is a bike club or a bike forum. Who makes MH the be all and end all to group rides? :/:
no one makes the end all and be all to group rides... we're just making an announcement for the individuals who were unanimously chosen to represent mh on official group rides...

the rides section however was and is open for all members to use... this has not changed... no lines have been drawn anywhere...

Quote:
I definately think if anyone can teach someone about riding period it's Gonzo,
+1...

Quote:
but everyone is responsible for themselves when u hit the street.
While this is ultimately true - our ride leads will have a greater emphasis on riding responsibly, both as individuals and as a group. The emphasis will be on helping new riders with preparation, routes, riding instruction and safety.

We're doing all of this in the interest of our members. Not only trying to reduce the spiking number of accidents on here lately, but also trying to help them learn the skills necessary in order to both enjoy the ride and make it home safely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd View Post
this is not to say you or anyone can post a ride or set one up using the events section. this is just to say we will offer more rides
+1... again... all members are welcome to post up rides in the rides secttion...

and for those of you interested in riding some of the roads we have around here - stay tuned to this section as both bigcomfy and dr.gonzo have things in the works...

and of course it does not go without saying - thank you to both Martin and Alonzo for stepping up... we are lucky to have you both as Mh ride leads...

Last edited by SBK Pilot; 10-09-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Closed Thread

Advertisement