MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #81
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Right almost like 2 strokes, they are like hoes wanna be run hard and put away wet
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2007, 10:25 AM   #82
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

I am slower on my R6 at the track than my 1K, that's because I don't like to hear it scream.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:47 AM   #83
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:51 AM   #84
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
Im a 636 freak. But everyone is different. I rode my buddies Gix 1000 a while back. Im not a big fan of rolling 90mph in first. I like to clutch through the gears so. I likey my 600's.
Clutches are useless now days.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:56 AM   #85
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

its comparing two different things clyde. the 600 is "smaller" but can do somethings easier than the 1k's.

you give up some to gain in other areas. now the 636 i love for the torque and how easy it is to enter a turn at high speed because of the rake.
arturo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:12 PM   #86
PSYCHO1000
" 2 THE WALLS

Bike(s):
2005 GSXR PSYCHO1000, 2005 Kawi 636 Racebike

Clyde, what in the heck are you talking about? Of course the 600 is not going to have the low end torque of a 1K-espesially a black 05 gixxer 1K Forget about that torque! That torque is what will get you in trouble on the street or the track. Just ride the bike more and you will learn what that bike likes to get that power that you are use to (here is a hint High RPM's). You will like the 600 better in the long run i promise. I remember when i bought my first 600. I knew the moment i rode it out of the parking lot of the dealer that i had made the biggest mistake. But after riding it a while i learned that if you keep the rpm's way up there it has plenty of power. Also like some of the others said gearing will help a lot. Good luck Clyde and don't give up yet!
PSYCHO1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:37 PM   #87
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
I've chased CarbonR1 around the track more than a few times, I don't doubt the capabilities of the 636 or CarbonR1 but..........maybe it's my 195 pound ?
every 7 pounds is 1 hp...
Old 10-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #88
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
Just a question, but this is the third 600cc bike I've ridden and I still feel disappointed. None have given me the rush of the liter bikes, but I haven't had them on the track either.
Anyone else disappointed after down sizing?
youre so old that your nerve endings have shriveled therefore you can't really feel how fast you're going.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #89
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHO1000 View Post
Clyde, what in the heck are you talking about? Of course the 600 is not going to have the low end torque of a 1K-espesially a black 05 gixxer 1K Forget about that torque! That torque is what will get you in trouble on the street or the track. Just ride the bike more and you will learn what that bike likes to get that power that you are use to (here is a hint High RPM's). You will like the 600 better in the long run i promise. I remember when i bought my first 600. I knew the moment i rode it out of the parking lot of the dealer that i had made the biggest mistake. But after riding it a while i learned that if you keep the rpm's way up there it has plenty of power. Also like some of the others said gearing will help a lot. Good luck Clyde and don't give up yet!
hi Rocky!
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement