MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
BrutusTx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Is it just me.........?

Just a question, but this is the third 600cc bike I've ridden and I still feel disappointed. None have given me the rush of the liter bikes, but I haven't had them on the track either.
Anyone else disappointed after down sizing?
  Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #2
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict
 
buddha429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 2,884

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard









+1, on the street, i like the extra hp.
i've never ridden a 600cc on the track though.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:32 PM   #3
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
Just a question, but this is the third 600cc bike I've ridden and I still feel disappointed. None have given me the rush of the liter bikes, but I haven't had them on the track either.
Anyone else disappointed after down sizing?
Uh Ur like me pappy, U spoil urself to the good chit and nutin else will do U get use to 150 -175hp and only 100 seems puny, thats because it is
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:36 PM   #4
BrutusTx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Uh Ur like me pappy, U spoil urself to the good chit and nutin else will do U get use to 150 -175hp and only 100 seems puny, thats because it is
Maybe that's what it is, I twist the throttle and..............wait for something to happen. I don't care about lap times, it's all about the fun.........and so far a 600 is...............boring? :/:
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:37 PM   #5
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,769

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





man, i sure had no problem with my switch! weird. Maybe its the gearing? i've always looked down on the Suzukis for the lack of power right off the line, I guess top end isn't off from the others tho. I see lots of people riding the wheels off of em at the tracks. Maybe a little gearing change is in order here Clydo!!! If you get ready to try that let me know and i'll see what i have for it.

Just send me a pm.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:37 PM   #6
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,769

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





you two are so spoiled!!!!
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:41 PM   #7
Chris24
Thread Savior
 
Chris24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special









Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
my $0.02...

you should be able to hit the same speeds on the street. if your getting the liter to speeds the 600 cant do on the street you oughtta chill some.

as far as the midrange, you only need to get through it once. 1st gear, after that keep the revs up and the missing HP is less noticeable.

beyond that, hit some twisties and see if you can pull some lean angles you couldnt on the 1000. :dontknow:

if that doesnt do it for you, than maybe 600cc isnt for you, time to trade it in.
__________________
Brought to you by Carls Jr.!
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:41 PM   #8
BrutusTx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1 View Post
man, i sure had no problem with my switch! weird. Maybe its the gearing? i've always looked down on the Suzukis for the lack of power right off the line, I guess top end isn't off from the others tho. I see lots of people riding the wheels off of em at the tracks. Maybe a little gearing change is in order here Clydo!!! If you get ready to try that let me know and i'll see what i have for it.

Just send me a pm.
I rode both the R1 and the 600 tonight, back to back.............and it just didn't do anything for me. Nothing wrong with either bike just.........boring on the 600, never had a "oh **it" feeling.......nothing. I honestly felt like I was back taking the MSF course. But.......I'm going to try it the 26th.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #9
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1 View Post
you two are so spoiled!!!!
No way not me, btw I looked at a honda s 2000 today, runs good for a car, love that 9000 red line doina 100 and still got 3 gears to go
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #10
Princess
MH's ex fake mod
 
Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,982

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti







Send a message via AIM to Princess
They're just not on Kawi's, there's half the problem right there.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #11
Gryphin
09 r1!
 
Gryphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 4,214

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)



Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
ill let you ride my 636 and tell me what you think, its not the fastest, but ive dropped a tooth in the front and i keep up around the streets with the 1000's (not WOT everywhere lol)
__________________
Quote:
We as riders know the risks we take everytime we put that kickstand up and twist the throttle.
Gryphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #12
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
my $0.02...

you should be able to hit the same speeds on the street. if your getting the liter to speeds the 600 cant do on the street you oughtta chill some.

as far as the midrange, you only need to get through it once. 1st gear, after that keep the revs up and the missing HP is less noticeable.

beyond that, hit some twisties and see if you can pull some lean angles you couldnt on the 1000. :dontknow:

if that doesnt do it for you, than maybe 600cc isnt for you, time to trade it in.
I dont think that 600 will ever do anything that R1 will do
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:44 PM   #13
Gryphin
09 r1!
 
Gryphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 4,214

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)



Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
No way not me, btw I looked at a honda s 2000 today, runs good for a car, love that 9000 red line doina 100 and still got 3 gears to go
s2k is a , buy a c5 vette you will be much more happy and about the same price if not cheaper z06 c5 for under 20k
__________________
Quote:
We as riders know the risks we take everytime we put that kickstand up and twist the throttle.
Gryphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #14
BrutusTx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
my $0.02...

you should be able to hit the same speeds on the street. if your getting the liter to speeds the 600 cant do on the street you oughtta chill some.

as far as the midrange, you only need to get through it once. 1st gear, after that keep the revs up and the missing HP is less noticeable.

beyond that, hit some twisties and see if you can pull some lean angles you couldnt on the 1000. :dontknow:

if that doesnt do it for you, than maybe 600cc isnt for you, time to trade it in.
Honestly, I know that my lean angles won't be any better on the 600 than on the other two bikes. I do understand corner speed MIGHT be better, but I have doubts about that too..........
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #15
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









I really want to like a 600 but I feel the same way, I guess gettin off of busas and R1s and 999s and 1098s any 600 prolly not gonna get me excited:/:
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:47 PM   #16
BrutusTx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphin View Post
ill let you ride my 636 and tell me what you think, its not the fastest, but ive dropped a tooth in the front and i keep up around the streets with the 1000's (not WOT everywhere lol)
I've ridden a 636 on the street.........same problem.......boring.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:48 PM   #17
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou
 
Romeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: stinkadena
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,329

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107









Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
eh you just cant use the full potentiall of a 600 yet lol me either
Romeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #18
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphin View Post
s2k is a , buy a c5 vette you will be much more happy and about the same price if not cheaper z06 c5 for under 20k
Yeah a v8 is hard to beat but I can get this s2k for under 9k, I have plenty of fast cars and have driven everything vettes vipers lambos and ferraris, a wicked fast bike is hard to beat, even 10 second cars feel weak
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #19
Nox
 
Nox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: over that way...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,241

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 R1
01 FZ1(sold)
96 vmax(sold)
02 sv650 TRACK! (sold)



well i know i went from one world to the complete opposite side of another world when i went from my R1 to the sv 650. from an inline 1k to a vtwin 650....whoa....i for sure miss the power on the straights at the track but sure as dont miss the weight of the 1k in the corners. and that sv has a much more forgiving nature than the R1.
__________________

Im not Ben Spies, but Im from Texas. And I ride a Yamaha.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:50 PM   #20
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
I think my 636 has plenty of go for my 145lb a$$. But then again I havent ridden a liter so maybe I wouldn't know the feeling. Swap for a few miles? hehe
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy