MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2007, 02:06 PM   #41
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts
 
NO MORE F4I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: downtown h-town
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,755

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.








Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody_Rules View Post
i wanna go on a halloween street ride
then do it. ill be on the street tommorow night too
__________________
It Drive On
NO MORE F4I is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Paint Schmitty General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 10-24-2010 08:15 AM
Paint Hotwheelscamaro How To's and Q & A's 1 07-04-2010 01:12 AM
PAINT H2447INTX Performance and Modifications 4 05-07-2007 07:59 PM
Somewhere that does paint? 03.gsxr.1000 General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 07-27-2006 11:06 PM
paint anyone?? mr.haterz Off Topic 7 07-24-2006 05:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #42
ZXALAN
UR NXT
 
ZXALAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: League City Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,254

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR








SO you're still riding it with the bent forks? I would think it would handle like .....is it just a stunt bike now or does it get real street duty? I wouldn't think those bent forks are very safe...LOL

On the paint thing, I think you should sport it in semi-gloss black.....like a rat rod or old school gangster style..... I feel that on stunt bikes, plus it would be easy to touch up when you crash....maybe slap some ghost flame stickers on it or something also....You could pimp it out pretty good for a stunter...
__________________

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #43
Vandals
Scooter
 
Vandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: WACO
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,359

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"








Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
SO you're still riding it with the bent forks? I would think it would handle like .....is it just a stunt bike now or does it get real street duty? I wouldn't think those bent forks are very safe...LOL

On the paint thing, I think you should sport it in semi-gloss black.....like a rat rod or old school gangster style..... I feel that on stunt bikes, plus it would be easy to touch up when you crash....maybe slap some ghost flame stickers on it or something also....You could pimp it out pretty good for a stunter...
it used to be flatblack before his last wreck.. and it gets plenty of street duty, epsecially when i come to town
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #44
ZXALAN
UR NXT
 
ZXALAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: League City Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,254

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR








Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandals View Post
it used to be flatblack before his last wreck.. and it gets plenty of street duty, epsecially when i come to town
Yeah I didn't like the flat black, the Semi gloss is like satin black, its kind of in the middle of flat and glossy...A lot of street rodders are painting their cars semi gloss now and paying a lot of money for a true semi gloss paint job... I think it looks cool if its done well, prepped right and sealed properly....

I remember in highschool, I flat blacked my old trans am, it was "primer" LOL I drove it like that for years, prolly 2-3 yrs. I could always touch it up but it the flat looked like , always was striped, zebra'd etc.....that was before the semi-gloss craze hit.....I would have done that in a heartbeat...
__________________

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:30 PM   #45
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
Yeah I didn't like the flat black, the Semi gloss is like satin black, its kind of in the middle of flat and glossy...A lot of street rodders are painting their cars semi gloss now and paying a lot of money for a true semi gloss paint job... I think it looks cool if its done well, prepped right and sealed properly....

I remember in highschool, I flat blacked my old trans am, it was "primer" LOL I drove it like that for years, prolly 2-3 yrs. I could always touch it up but it the flat looked like , always was striped, zebra'd etc.....that was before the semi-gloss craze hit.....I would have done that in a heartbeat...
yep, done correctly it looks nice.....but also remember....flat or semi-gloss clear won't last as long as full gloss clear. here's an example...

flat clear looks like this...

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

gloss clear looks like this....

________________


the flat clear or semi-gloss clear is pourous and not uniform...which is why it gives off a dull look and absorbs sunlight....

gloss clear is smooth and reflects sunlight.

i wouldn't recommend a flat/semi-gloss clear for an everyday rider/beater/driver
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:43 PM   #46
josh302
Senior Member
 
josh302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: fiddy house
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 1,727


Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd







..
__________________
SCREW PAYPAL.COM
josh302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #47
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts
 
NO MORE F4I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: downtown h-town
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,755

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.








how am i gay?
i have better photos then that. just not publically showing them
__________________
It Drive On
NO MORE F4I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:58 PM   #48
josh302
Senior Member
 
josh302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: fiddy house
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 1,727


Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd







I know, I hacked your photobucket. "right click, save as" lol
__________________
SCREW PAYPAL.COM
josh302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #49
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts
 
NO MORE F4I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: downtown h-town
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,755

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.








haha did you really?
__________________
It Drive On
NO MORE F4I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #50
josh302
Senior Member
 
josh302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: fiddy house
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 1,727


Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd







n29607207 32453821 9761
__________________
SCREW PAYPAL.COM

Last edited by josh302; 10-10-2007 at 07:02 PM.
josh302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy