MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 04:28 PM   #41
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Send a message via MSN to TxBritt08R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
because on any given day, there are a bunch of threads started by squids and metric riding asshats. Bringing officers on the forum would only solidify how they feel.
true, the majority of this forum is probably decent folks, but it only takes a minimum percentage to nullify all the good done by others.
Maybe if more cops were involved in the site, and it was a known fact - then the metric "asshats" would go somewhere else? I'd say invite more to join.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a plumber near barker cypress and 529 Bounce305 Off Topic 2 11-01-2013 09:55 PM
that was me on 290 and barker cypress eric636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 07-27-2010 06:03 PM
Rider down on Barker Cypress petah50 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 01-02-2010 11:13 PM
Accident on Barker Cypress matrix81 General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 03-26-2008 07:43 PM
Who lives on the NW side? Cypress... off 290 spring cypress Barker Cypress? NoFear Events, Meets and Rides 53 06-07-2007 09:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #42
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

you used to be a cop? did you give it up to puff puff give? Just guessing since you have 420 in your name

and yeah if so good career move!!

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #43
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Dudewhrsmybike and i got pulled over Thursday afternoon. Cop followed up for around 3 miles supposedly hoping we'd just slow down. Neither of us saw him, so he pulled us over for doing 80 in a 60(288)Talked to us for a minute, asked for our licenses and insurance(couldn't find my card) We were both respectful to him, even though we knew we were getting a ticket. Because we were polite, and were both fully geared up(save for denim jeans) he told to slow it down a bit, and that he'd block traffic for us to get out. Ticket or no ticket, if and when I'm pulled over in the future, I hope the uniform that gets out of the car has the same attitude he had.

I don't see how so many have bad experiences. In the COUNTLESS times I've been pulled only 2 have been negative towards me. , one wrote me a ticket for having a Honda badge on the car. . . . . . . .on my Honda.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #44
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch View Post
Dudewhrsmybike and i got pulled over Thursday afternoon. Cop followed up for around 3 miles supposedly hoping we'd just slow down. Neither of us saw him, so he pulled us over for doing 80 in a 60(288)Talked to us for a minute, asked for our licenses and insurance(couldn't find my card) We were both respectful to him, even though we knew we were getting a ticket. Because we were polite, and were both fully geared up(save for denim jeans) he told to slow it down a bit, and that he'd block traffic for us to get out. Ticket or no ticket, if and when I'm pulled over in the future, I hope the uniform that gets out of the car has the same attitude he had.

I don't see how so many have bad experiences. In the COUNTLESS times I've been pulled only 2 have been negative towards me. , one wrote me a ticket for having a Honda badge on the car. . . . . . . .on my Honda.

+1

as many times as I have been pulled over and havent got a ticket for just being polite and being geared up with all papers inline.

it pays to be nice to the popo
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
Old 10-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #45
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
THIS IS THE REASON WHY COPS SINGLE OUT SPORT BIKES!
I HOPE THIS INCIDENT DIDN'T RESULT IN ANY COLLATERAL DAMAGE FOR INOCENT THIRD PARTIES.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:37 PM   #46
GLD
track junkie

Bike(s):
F2 w/ F3 engine 2001 RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz420 View Post
F uck troopers. They have an attitude with other cops, worse than their attitude with civilians. When I was a popo, they had a "holier than thou" thing going. I tried for years to give and get respect from those guys and never got it in return. That's how they get the name roadroaches. No sympathy for them at all.
Terrible attitude, go to Louisiana and you'll find out how great Texas troopers are. They are awesome by comparison and good in terms of absolute.

I don't deal with them as a police office to trooper manner, it has always been to ask questions at a public event (directions etc.) or when I have been pulled over.

On the other hand, I am doubtful of your give respect when you have the website of an organization with strong terrorist ties (no currently known ties however) in your signature.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #47
GLD
track junkie

Bike(s):
F2 w/ F3 engine 2001 RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnix600 View Post
And the people running should be held accountable for any anything negative that happens, regardless if its by them or the officer chasing them.
Disagree 100%. The police officer has a choice in the matter too-they are there for the public safety and one can make arguements both ways as to the greater good. Do you chase them (and create a public danger de facto) to reduce the risk to the public? Or do you allow them to continue the risk to the public which may or may not be a smaller risk than chasing them.

Some departments establish strict 'no chase' policies, others leave it up to the officer's discretion. One choice removes discretion from the officers but releases the officer from liability and personal decision. The other can push departmental liability down to the individual officers.

Pros and Cons right? The point is whether the police officer or the department call for the chase they ultimately must be held accountable for their decision-because remember they always have the decision to not chase.

Just as the rider who runs must be held accountable for any actions they take. But the rider is not responsible and should not be held for the officer's actions and results regardless of officer training (or lack), department vehicle maintenance (or lack), unavoidable 'no fault' accidents, or any other one of the many factors.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:50 PM   #48
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.

i run all the time haha. my bike redlnes at like 110
Old 10-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #49
Spyyke

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha R6

At one point in the past...it was a law that cops could not chase the people on bikes in my area because it endangered too many lives and most of the time when something happened it wasn't the person on the bike that was involved.

[QUOTE]
Terrible attitude, go to Louisiana and you'll find out how great Texas troopers are. They are awesome by comparison and good in terms of absolute.
[QUOTE]

I totally agree with that statement! I lived there for the last 9 years. Yes, my best friend is a Sherrif's officer in LA and I have partied with a lot of them in the area where I lived...but the everyone that I met that wasn't part of that group was 1000x more of an @ hole than any cop I ever met in the Houston area. (I got 17 speeding, an exhibition of speed, and an excessive acceleration ticket before I graduated high school...so I met quite a few.) Now that I have a clear driving record...I wanna keep it that way. I was pulled over the other night on my bike I just got. I knew the cop was pulling me over for the expired tags (expired in 2004...the guy I bought it from didn't drive it on the street from what he said). I was nice to the cop and explained that I just bought it and haven't made it to get the registration and tags yet...the cop let me take off after him and his partner checked out the bike a little. The funniest part was when the cop told me that he figured I wasn't going to stop and was going to just take off. I just simply replied to him, "I live in the Woodlands and drive down I-45 a couple times a day...so you would eventually catch up with me and I would be in a lot more trouble then than I am now." He really appreciated that and respected me for stopping. It is all about what you are doing wrong and how you treat the people around you. Can you say karma? Yeah, they are a @ hole sometime when they first see you, but they have to make sure to establish they are in control...mainly for the theads that give them trouble when they are pulled over.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #50
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I never disrespect a waitress/waiter cause I know they can spit in my food; So goes my relation with anyone else working, so long as any aggressive relation is not required.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:45 PM   #51
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

Well guys I am a cop and I realize that not all sport bikes run... but the perception is that they do... and I agree with an earlier post about who SHOULD be accountable... The person that takes off should know that he or she is putting MANY lives in Jeopardy ( his being the first )... remember that we are just doing our jobs and by running you are putting our lives in jeopardy too... not to mention all of the other people on the rode that have nothing to do with the situation... For those that have met ME or J-Row and many others on this site ( for those that do like US ) remember that when you choose to run you could be putting our lives at risk... We all take a risk in riding so if ya get caught just man/woman up and take the hit(ticket)... at least you can almost guarantee that you'll be alive to go to court and pay it!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #52
J-Row
Gold MemberŪ

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
Well guys I am a cop and I realize that not all sport bikes run... but the perception is that they do... and I agree with an earlier post about who SHOULD be accountable... The person that takes off should know that he or she is putting MANY lives in Jeopardy ( his being the first )... remember that we are just doing our jobs and by running you are putting our lives in jeopardy too... not to mention all of the other people on the rode that have nothing to do with the situation... For those that have met ME or J-Row and many others on this site ( for those that do like US ) remember that when you choose to run you could be putting our lives at risk... We all take a risk in riding so if ya get caught just man/woman up and take the hit(ticket)... at least you can almost guarantee that you'll be alive to go to court and pay it!!!
+1 Very nicely put!! Whats a ticket anyways most of the time u can either get it dismissed or deferred. When u get pulled over were just doing our job and majority of the time if ur cool with us were going to give u a break. (Well at least i am) Anyways be smart dont be a ........Its not worth ruining ur life or someone elses life.
PGR #121546
Old 10-08-2007, 10:00 PM   #53
andrave

there is no point in chasing someone on a sport bike. if they wanna get the copter after him and chase him around all day, whatever, but there is no way a chase aganist someone on a sport bike is gonna end well. either he gets away or usually gets injured or hurt trying... well, you could say "so what he shouldn't have run" but if thats your attitude would you support the cops just shooting him in the back to start with?

its irresponsible.. and 99% of the time its for a minor traffic infraction. If cops hadn't treated me so unfairly in the past i'd pull over, but after the treatment I've received from some officers I'm honestly afraid to. If I'm doing 80 mph in a 70 zone, and I get pulled over, you could get tickets for no reflectors on your forks, improperly mounted tags, speeding... and thats assuing the cop doesn't make up about wheelies and reckles driving.. if he does its your word against his.
sorry but if there is a chance to get away I'll take it cause the deck is stacked against you either way.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:06 PM   #54
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

and the above poster is the ONE that ruins it for the majority of people on this forum that would just pull over and take the ticket... Everyone could cry about injustices done onto them... People get treated unfairly at restaurants, dealerships,homes,apartments,stores,blah blah blah... Thats called life... The fact is that if you(people) take risk knowing that there are consequenses to them... If you call into work without being sick, the consequense could be that someone will see you out and report you... If a stuntman doesnt properly set up for the stunt there could possibly be the consequense of them getting hurt... If you surf you could get attacked by a shark... yet another consequense... The consequense of doing 100 down the freeway or doing a wheelie is a ticket... IT IS WHAT IT IS... instead of crying about it and putting other peoples life in jeopardy just pull over and know that YOU paid the consequenses of YOUR actions and didnt make SOMEONE ELSE pay for them...
Old 10-08-2007, 11:29 PM   #55
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

ZAPATA... Once again your opinion about cops is NOT the majority thank ... Once and for all... IF YOU GET PULLED OVER JUST BE NICE!!! If you treat me with respect I will do the same for you (even if you have been arrested) It is NOT personal... Its just our job... We really are normal, cool people... ASK any of the people who have met me and other cops ON THIS FORUM such as RICK,JASON,ROBBIE,BLAKE,BURNS and many others... some I have already been able to help and guide as best as I could... The good thing is that I DO KNOW that the majority of the people here would do the Right thing and that a few people opinions do not speak for MotoHouston or sportbike riders around the city... and again... People need to just OWN UP TO THEIR ACTIONS...
Old 10-08-2007, 11:44 PM   #56
Seth
F T W

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
sixsevenfive

Send a message via AIM to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by no mercy f4i View Post
i run all the time haha. my bike redlnes at like 110
oh shieeet, 250 speeds right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch View Post

HAHAHA owneddddd.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:46 PM   #57
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post

well put...

i'm thinking we've had plenty of opinions from both sides expressed here...

so i'm going to go ahead and close it as i don't see much more constructive input that can be added to this topic...

if any member strongly disagrees with this decision, please let me know via pm - np...
Closed Thread

Advertisement