MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 08:14 AM   #21
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









Hey guys from an older rider my point of view is It is definately NOT worth it, when I was a punk kid, years ago it was fun, BUT that was a different world back then, was even friends with some of the cops, today I would NEVER run again, take the ticket and hire a lawyer what if u or someone else got killed, its not worth it. It can ruin ur life and others, VERY long term, versus a ticket or even short trip to jail, but it wont last a lifetime, like if something really bad were to happen, Please guys just dont even let it enter ur mind.
FLYIN'DUC is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a plumber near barker cypress and 529 Bounce305 Off Topic 2 11-01-2013 09:55 PM
that was me on 290 and barker cypress eric636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 07-27-2010 06:03 PM
Rider down on Barker Cypress petah50 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 01-02-2010 11:13 PM
Accident on Barker Cypress matrix81 General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 03-26-2008 07:43 PM
Who lives on the NW side? Cypress... off 290 spring cypress Barker Cypress? NoFear Events, Meets and Rides 53 06-07-2007 09:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2007, 09:34 AM   #22
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid
 
FlipSideUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston - Memorial
Feedback Rating: (13)
Posts: 4,605

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)






Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Hey guys from an older rider my point of view is It is definately NOT worth it, when I was a punk kid, years ago it was fun, BUT that was a different world back then, was even friends with some of the cops, today I would NEVER run again, take the ticket and hire a lawyer what if u or someone else got killed, its not worth it. It can ruin ur life and others, VERY long term, versus a ticket or even short trip to jail, but it wont last a lifetime, like if something really bad were to happen, Please guys just dont even let it enter ur mind.
Times are a'changin, aren't they?
FlipSideUp is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #23
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob919 View Post
Times are a'changin, aren't they?
Yes they are, have been for years, use to run from when I was a kid on dirt bikes and they would buy me a soda the next day when they seen me at the store on the bike, and we would laugh about it, now they will run over u and lock ur up and break it off, not funny, people get killed n bad publicity, etc. Its a different world and should be, BTW helicopters are really hard to get away from, I hear, All kiddin aside guys just dont run please, the bigger picture is not worth it, just ask around, someone who has gotten caught, if they are lucky enuf to be alive, some arent.
FLYIN'DUC is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #24
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,588

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Yes they are, have been for years, use to run from when I was a kid on dirt bikes a
Ah man, I remember those days. We (around 14 years old or so) would gear up even with goggles on our dirtbikes at night and run from cops. We would bait them by doing a wheelie or something then the chase was on. They didn't EVER catch us. Ah good times but you are right times are a changing. I still think they couldn't catch me on a dirtbike unless there was a chopper involved.
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is online now  
Old 10-08-2007, 11:08 AM   #25
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Ah man, I remember those days. We (around 14 years old or so) would gear up even with goggles on our dirtbikes at night and run from cops. We would bait them by doing a wheelie or something then the chase was on. They didn't EVER catch us. Ah good times but you are right times are a changing. I still think they couldn't catch me on a dirtbike unless there was a chopper involved.


couldn't have a thread like this without you, huh?




J/K, thanks for sharing.
level5 is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 11:41 AM   #26
GHOSTRIDER
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: LaPorte tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 421


Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000>>> sold sold>>> no bike
08 CBR1000RR








what ever happens happens we use to run from the cops everytime when me and my friends were 17 to 25 while riding our bikes never got caught it was just not being mature at the time!!!!! every one is going to do it i guess, but now we don't speed we never get pulled over when we ride but we are all in our 30's now.
GHOSTRIDER is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 11:44 AM   #27
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis
 
Zapata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Katy/Conroe
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 2,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA View Post
..... There are officers that ride for me that I've encouraged to join in here and I get the response "NO" they're hooligans, (sportbike riders) we want nothing to do with them.
-d
Glad they decided NOT to join the board...!!!! Is already bad that they are lurking around the local sportbike boards.

Please guys/gal DO NOT invite Cops to join here...!!!!
Zapata is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #28
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









Cops are cool, some cops are very cool, they are people also, just show them the respect that they deserve, and just because they are here dont mean we should ask them to get us out of anything,we get ourselfs into, they are not gods, I know and have several officers that are customers and friends, and almost all of them are very cool, I,ve had stranger cops write me up and then after a nice conversation with them, had them take the ticket back and give me a warning, thats awesome, but if u show attitude then guess what
FLYIN'DUC is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #29
txferrari
Banned
 
txferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,090

Experience: 10+ years











User is banned

.
txferrari is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 12:03 PM   #30
dnix600
Senior Member
 
dnix600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 2,227


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post
Glad they decided NOT to join the board...!!!! Is already bad that they are lurking around the local sportbike boards.

Please guys/gal DO NOT invite Cops to join here...!!!!
I take responsibility for however I ride, legal or not. I would encourage law enforcement to be members.
dnix600 is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #31
Stacy
One day at a time!
 
Stacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,064

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i








Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Cops are cool, some cops are very cool, they are people also, just show them the respect that they deserve, and just because they are here dont mean we should ask them to get us out of anything,we get ourselfs into, they are not gods, I know and have several officers that are customers and friends, and almost all of them are very cool, I,ve had stranger cops write me up and then after a nice conversation with them, had them take the ticket back and give me a warning, thats awesome, but if u show attitude then guess what
Very true. It always amazes me that so many people complain about the bad cops, yet very rarely do they praise the good ones. Like you said, they are people, and as such they are all different. Some do walk up with the "I'm the top man here" attitude, but once you show them some respect they generally will drop the attitude. It is their job to show authority and with half of the smart kids (or even some adults) it only makes it harder for them to know who is going to be difficult with them or who going to show them the respect that they themselves want to be shown. Put yourself in their shoes for once and just try to imagine all the they have to see during a shift or even their career. It's enough to make anyone a hardass. Isn't it sad that actually have to thank a sportbike rider for pulling over now?? With that said, next time you get pulled over maybe try to show some courtesy and respect to the officer and you just might be surprised by how they treat you. Basic manners people....treat others how you wish to be treated!
__________________
Stacy is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #32
zampano
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 988












Send a message via AIM to zampano
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post
Please guys/gal DO NOT invite Cops to join here...!!!!
why?

I agree, I take responsibility for what I do, say, and how I ride... I think it would be cool to hear their opinions but Im also not goin out of my way to get anyone's respect, just treat people the way you expect them to treat you.

Although honestly I dont know why cops even try to chase sports bikes these days, its dangerous and seems like they should be able to just pull your plates and come to your house - what if its stolen or just not registered you say? Well I still say the risk of chasing that bike that can easily and quickly get to 100+ mph in a big car capable of causing tremendous damage at 100+ mph is not worth it.
zampano is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 12:40 PM   #33
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,504

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






bikewreck

:shrug
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now  
Old 10-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #34
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,634

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post
Please guys/gal DO NOT invite Cops to join here...!!!!
Uhm how about.. STFU.

Heck, Sol how about some 'biz' cards to hand out? :-)
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is online now  
Old 10-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #35
aznhero913
J.D.
 
aznhero913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,184

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)







bottom line, do not try to run from cops. They are protected by the law if you get wiped out and killed during a chase. I'll bet you that after the 1st chase their more likely to just slam against you and end the chase right there.
__________________
AZN1
aznhero913 is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #36
K5GSXR1000
Member
 
K5GSXR1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: dallas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 85


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1000 & 06 636 For Sale









Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
bikewreck

:shrug
there wasn't any parking place left so it was parked there that's all jk. If a cop tries to run me over then I'm taking off. if he wants to give me a ticket by following me then fine by me. been there done that, wouldn't do it again niether. scary after you stop and think about what could've happen at that curve at 1x60+ mph. I was kinda crazy then but now a track addict
K5GSXR1000 is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 02:23 PM   #37
Alstare_Gixxer
Crash Meister
 
Alstare_Gixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 203












Why not invite more cops on to the board? I would think the more they read, the better understanding they get that not all sportbike riders are HOOLIGANS and not treat every sportbike rider they see as such.
Alstare_Gixxer is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #38
dnix600
Senior Member
 
dnix600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 2,227


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by zampano View Post
why?

Although honestly I dont know why cops even try to chase sports bikes these days, its dangerous and seems like they should be able to just pull your plates and come to your house - what if its stolen or just not registered you say? Well I still say the risk of chasing that bike that can easily and quickly get to 100+ mph in a big car capable of causing tremendous damage at 100+ mph is not worth it.
I honestly dont know why people run. And the people running should be held accountable for any anything negative that happens, regardless if its by them or the officer chasing them.
dnix600 is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 04:23 PM   #39
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by Alstare_Gixxer View Post
Why not invite more cops on to the board? I would think the more they read, the better understanding they get that not all sportbike riders are HOOLIGANS and not treat every sportbike rider they see as such.
because on any given day, there are a bunch of threads started by squids and metric riding asshats. Bringing officers on the forum would only solidify how they feel.
true, the majority of this forum is probably decent folks, but it only takes a minimum percentage to nullify all the good done by others.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 04:23 PM   #40
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by K5GSXR1000 View Post
there wasn't any parking place left so it was parked there that's all jk. If a cop tries to run me over then I'm taking off. if he wants to give me a ticket by following me then fine by me. been there done that, wouldn't do it again niether. scary after you stop and think about what could've happen at that curve at 1x60+ mph. I was kinda crazy then but now a track addict
engrish?
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy